“Clean but not Pretty”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I had a pretty nice visit to Lancaster. The place was booming, busy and crowded. I couldn't find lodging online the days I went. Many places were sold out. I got my money's worth out of this hotel. It looked depressing on the outside and the lobby was horrible but the room was comfortable, clean and I slept quite well.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tamikelly9155
andyLancaster, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Regards,
Andy-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Lancaster PA

Reviewed 18 July 2010

I went to this hotel on a business trip. I had been on the road three months. The first night I was there I got bit 15 times by bed bugs. I got 5 days of 7 of my money back from price line. It was terrible I saw the blasted bugs with my own eyes. Just crawling out of the comforter.
Very very disgusting experience. Terrible place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank LIMOJo

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. We apologize for any negative experiences you had with your room. We have a local Pest Control company who did inspect the room and found no evidence of bed bugs. In addition, the rooms are professionally treated each month. We believe these corrective measures will enhance the overall experience at our hotel. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Regards,
Andy-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Lancaster PA

Reviewed 4 November 2009

I'll start by saying, DO NOT stay here! To use tehphrase "Americas Best Value Inn" when talking about this motel is itself a joke. It's an old recycled Ramada Inn that saw its best days back in the 1980's. And that's no joke. It's managed by non-US citizens who bicker and argue with each other while you're standing there waiting for service. Very unfriendly staff and a very uncomfortale feeling about this motel. Everything is strictly low-budget here, including the service you get. Trying to get an extra towel (because they didn't put enough in the bathroom to begin with) is like asking for the key to Fort Knox. (That wasn't meant as a joke.) There is limited parking for motel guests during the day, but parking at night is pure hell. They have live bands in the bar downstairs at night and the bar patrons use all of the limited parking spots so the guests have nowhere to park. There is no dedicated parking for motel guests and no additional parking is available anywhere. We came back to the hotel at night and could not find one empty parking spot. I tried to get some help from the guy at the front desk but all he kept telling me in very broken English was, "parking around back". I tried to tell him repeatedly that we couldn't get to the "parking around back" because the drunks in the bar had completely blocked the driveway to the parking lot back there. After an hour of telling him that, he finally walked back there and saw for himself that (you guessed it) the driveway was blocked. Go figure. After 90 minutes we finally got a parking spot when one of the bar drunks left. If you have a room on the lower floors, you probably won't get much sleep with the loud noise and music from bar at night. We had a room on the top floor and could still hear the music. Our stay in this motel was like someplace you'd find in India. We stayed there for two reasons: budget price and a convenient location. We proved that you get what you pay for. We learned our lesson and won't stay there again. We've discovered since then that there are plenty of other really excellent hotels in that area that are far better that this place will ever be. If you're smart, you'll drive by this place and keep on driving.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NYroadside
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This hotel is located in a busniess area. You have to buzz to get into the office area (1:00 pm), it is locked ALL THE TIME, to get ice you must have MANAGEMENT get it for you, (again ring the bell to ask), there are signs saying no refunds in the office. We had paid online prior to arrival. We choose it because we were traveling to see Thomas the Tank and with young children and the AMMENITY OF the PLAYGROUND was a positive selling point. Even with out the mention of NO POO, which many other area hotels offered we felt that outdoor play would be a better choice since at that time of year weather can be an issue. There is a green area with trees located on the backside of the building, just across the alley and it is patrolled by local police. When we drove up the alley to see if the playground was just out of sight; the police followed us. When we stopped he stopped. Don't look for the playground it is not there; when I asked the office I was told you can play in the back in the grass. Grass & trees do not make a playgound. Also this location is not in the tourist area of the town at all; the road is very busy and it is an industrial area. There is a pizza garden next door, whose customers on the outdoor patio were loud and AMAZING to watch. To find Thomas the Train, at the Strasburg Railroad Station, we had to drive 25 minutes or more.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank Mommy2Eight
Reviewed 23 August 2009

I booked this hotel on hotwire and was VERY disappointed! Not a safe location at all! There are cameras all over the outside of the motel. Makes you wonder what kind of trouble has occured here. Staff was not friendly or helpful. Would not recommend this hotel for anyone, do not even consider it if you have children!

• Stayed: July 2009
3  Thank sunnyd775
Reviewed 6 October 2008

Major virtue was availability and cheap price (about $50).

Room was clean and fresh, not too noisy, bed comfortable, TV ok, internet access actually worked. Everything pretty-much as expected. Semi-industrial neighborhood. Bar-and-grill next door is really just "Bar", but not very far from other eating options. Not a great place to entertain the family, but an acceptable 1-day stay for a tired single traveler.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank moodusmike
Reviewed 22 September 2008

The pictures shown don't tell the whole story. This place is terrible for families. The immediate surroundings are questionable (bar next door); room is "ok", at best. RUDE STAFF!! Don't even try to get a refund if you are dissatisfied with the place; a woman, who says that she's the manager, will not accommodate you. I ended up walking out, with my daughter, leaving the keys on the counter, and staying somewhere else. DO YOUR HOMEWORK before staying here.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank Traveller979
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Red Roof Inn Lancaster
MainStay Suites of Lancaster County
Comfort Suites Amish Country
Comfort Suites Amish Country
#14 of 40 in Lancaster

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!