“A Long Way to Go” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
“A Long Way to Go”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I love trying new restaurants and supporting local business over chains; however, I do not think I'll be choosing Sabrosa over Chipotle or Qudoba anytime soon.
My first disappointment was that the staff was not knowledgeable of their product. I wanted to order a naked burrito, and when I asked which beans were available, the server had no idea (ended up to be black or pinto beans). While going through the line of ingredients, I was shocked as to the few selections. The server did not explain the different toppings (as they were covered up), so I had to prod her with what was under each container.
I was not impressed with the food either. The restaurant opened at 11, and I came in around 11:30, so I expected the ingredients to be fresh and hot. Not the case. The rice was rubbery and dry (as if it was reheated from the previous day), and the chicken was also very dry and luke warm. The salsas were good, but I expected there to be some type of queso dip for chips or to top on my naked burrito. On Sabrosa's website it claims that their food is nutritious and cooked on site- If this was the case then my burrito should have been piping hot with juicy chicken and fresh rice.
Overall, Sabrosa has miles to go if they want to compete with chains such as chipolte or qudoba. They need a larger menu, informed staff, and better ingredients- something that sets them apart from the Mexican chain restaurants. I hope Sabrosa can find that "something" so that they can stay in business!

• Visited February 2014