“Great Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
Silverstone Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband & I stayed for 2 nights. The family is very warm & welcoming, the house is historic & beautifully restored, and the suite was very comfortable. Breakfast was made to order fresh and was delicious. The room rate was appropriate. The only thing that would've made it better was warmer, sunnier weather. We hope to visit there again & will be recommending this B&B to friends.

Room Tip: The 1st floor suite has a separate entrance which was nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
toni_wl, Guest Relations Manager at Silverstone Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

We enjoyed your company at breakfast. It was a little dreary recently, just an excuse to cozy up to the fireplace in your room! Fall is beautiful, hopefully we will see you then!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We have traveled extensively and can say without a doubt that the Silverstone Inn & Suites is by far the best B&B we have ever stayed at.!!! From the beautiful original wood plank flooring to the beautiful decor, antiques ,artwork and gourmet breakfast included, none other can compare. The owners are so friendly and very knowledgeable about the area helping us extensively with planning our local sightseeing and shopping in the Amish countryside. Our gorgeous room and balcony overlooked the Amish bishop's farm. It doesn't get any better than that!!! The inn comes with it's own sheep pasture and we were lucky enough to be there to see all the new babies. The property also has many maple trees which are tapped for the inn's own maple syrup. This was truly a magical experience for us and we are so thankful we found this wonderful inn. Craig and Sheri

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The Silverstone Inn was a wonderful place to stay. My husband and I stayed there during our vacation to see the Amish country. The rooms and grounds were exquisite. The owners were wonderful and the food was delicious. We definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The Silverstone Inn was the most wonderful experience we've ever had at a B&B. The home was so very interesting with glorious art and architectural renovations that had been made by the family. Our first breakfast was prepared by Miranda and Nick--their personalities were as wonderful as the meal. The second morning the two Hosts--Lorin and Toni were so very gracious and lovely to converse with. We hope to be returning in the future.

Room Tip: The room on the first floor was private and easily accessible.
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My wife and I hardly ever get away and when we do it is always a very welcome break from the usual routine as the parents of three very active children under the age of 8. My wife surprised me with this getaway when we really needed it the most. We live locally in the heart of Lancaster County, but we appreciate all that has to offer. So when my wife told me where we were going I was more than happy to explore a fantastic local inn. As we made our way down a quaint country road and onto Bowman road late Friday evening the Silverstone Inn rose into view brimming with its historic charm. The stone house was well lit and easily accessible, yet far enough off the beaten path to make you feel secluded and insulated from the cares of the world. There was plenty of handicap and non-handicap parking available up front making parking a breeze. We had arrived later than we had originally hoped, but this was no problem for us as the Wortel family was very accommodating. With plenty of outdoor lighting to gather our belongings we made our way inside where we were greeted by one of the friendliest innkeepers I have ever met, Toni. Even though the hour was late Toni graciously welcomed us inside their home and began checking us in. The entire process was quick and easy and even though it was rather late Toni still took the time to welcome us warmly and give us a quick tour of the inn making sure we felt welcome and that we knew where everything was and that he was available to us if we needed anything at all. Our room was immaculate and the arrangement of the room flowed for ease of movement allowing us to instantly feel at home and begin to unwind from our days travel. After a long soak in our spacious in-room Jacuzzi we climbed into our bed for the night. The quilted down comforter and pillows enveloped our bodies and made falling asleep easy and comfortable. In the morning when we woke the smell of breakfast had already risen to the third floor where we stayed, beckoning us to come on down. My wife chose to sleep in that morning, but I couldn't wait to get down there and see what smelled so heavenly... The dining area is both open and spacious allowing plenty of elbow room at each table and freedom of movement for the guests. As I walked in I was greeted by Miranda Wortel, the innkeeper's daughter and our host for the day. As Miranda made me feel at home and took my breakfast order Nick (Miranda's boyfriend) was busy in the kitchen preparing a scrumptious feast. While I waited for my meal Miranda served coffee and warm homemade banana nut bread! As good as that was the omelet was even better! This was no ordinary breakfast and the omelet before me was stuffed with the freshest cheese, mushrooms, and leaks from their very own garden! The presentation on the plates was simple, yet elegant and no attention to detail had been overlooked in anyway. The table, silverware, glasses, and cups were all clean and spotless. The area surrounding the Silverstone Inn is full of homemade goods ranging anywhere from food to furniture. If you like to go antiquing, as my wife and I do, or explore Amish craft stores you will be rewarded with a veritable treasure trove of eclectic one-of-a-kind finds that are locally crafted right here in Lancaster County Pennsylvania! If you are a foodie then you my friend are in luck! Lancaster County has some of finest home cooking anywhere in the country and a surprising array of craft beers, 5 star steakhouses, and homemade ice cream too! If entertainment is your game then hang on because Sight and Sound Music Theater are just a stone’s throw away or perhaps shopping is your thing then head on over to the outlet malls right around the corner for the latest deals and hard-to-beat prices! As wonderful as all of that is the best part was coming back to the Silverstone Inn. Miranda and Nick are absolutely one of the sweetest couples my wife and I have met in a long time. They are both real and genuine, their love for each other and their concern for their guests shines through! You cannot put a price tag on that! Our stay was unbelievable and the amenities were what you would expect from a luxury hotel, but with very honest, people oriented proprietors who care about their guests. The Silverstone offers a very unique one of a kind experience that cannot be had anywhere else in the world. No matter which of the eight rooms you might choose you cannot go wrong as each one offers you something different, but equally good, but don't just take my word for it book your room and romantic getaway today and see for yourself and you will be glad you did! I cannot thank the Wortel family enough for our experience and my wife and I cannot wait to come back again and again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
toni_wl, Guest Relations Manager at Silverstone Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you so much for your review. Your story was wonderful, and it makes our day to read reviews. It also pleases us to hear that your stay was above and beyond, and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other Tripadvisor users. We enjoyed your company very much and are excited to have you for breakfast again soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife and I spent a long weekend at the Silverstone Inn & Suites to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary. Nick and Miranda made us feel welcome and a part of the family during our entire stay. The Silverstone is a beautiful home with old world styling coupled with modern amenities. Nick prepared unique and delicious meals each morning and Miranda was an excellent hostess. It was like having breakfast with family. We highly recommend the Silverstone Inn & Suites for any special occasion or just a quick getaway trip. We will definitely be back again next year.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
toni_wl, Public Relations Manager at Silverstone Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

I am glad your visit to the area was special. We really enjoy serving breakfast in the morning, so we are elated to hear you enjoyed our company and the breakfasts. Congratulations again on another year together with your spouse, we can't wait to see you next year!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Last weekend (2/22 -2/24) my wife and I stayed at The Silverstone Inn and Suites. The accommodations and hospitality were top of the line. The breakfasts were delicious! Our hosts, Lorin and Toni, made us feel very comfortable and appreciated as guests. The uniqueness of the Inn is its close proximity to all the attractions in the Lancaster area while it is located in a quaint farm setting. We will definitely return to the Inn and highly recommend it to Lancaster visitors.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple