“Wonderful B&B experience in Lancaster”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
Silverstone Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We just spent 2 nights at the wonderful, beautiful, Silverstone Inn. Everything, from their website, to their reservation process (which was very user friendly) to the checking in process was outstanding. We arrived to a wonderful welcome from Toni, the owner. We stayd in the Walnut Room..it was so comfortable! Breakfast was excellent...each morning it was a different menu...individually prepared by Toni with ingredients from their garden. The hospitality shown each guest by Tony and Lorin was so welcoming. They made sure to visit with all their guests at breakfast and they were so helpful with suggestions and directions to local Lancaster places of interest of their guests. The grounds were wonderful..it is a working farm with sheep and corn fields surrounding a the Inn. This was one, if not the best B&B's we have stayed in over the many years we have been staying in B&B's. We look forward to our next visit!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Silverstone Inn is truly a beautifully restored historic home with impeccable attention to detail. Although near a very busy highway of commercial and retail businesses, it sits back on a side road with almost no traffic, surrounded by corn fields. We were located in the front of the home and never heard a noise (inside or out.) Breakfast features two courses served at individual tables. Ask about breakfast hours. We were served at 8:30 a.m. because they were fully occupied, but sometimes they don't begin breakfast until 9:00 a.m., an hour that might be too late for some.

Our room was immaculate with a very comfortable bed and two nice arm chairs. We appreciated the information book which is full the history of the inn and the innkeepers, plus helpful instructions. Be sure to read the directions for turning on the shower if you are in the Hazelnut room. We struggled and struggled with every conceivable knob and could only get the tub to fill, but it was easy once I finally found instructions in the book.

Although we truly loved everything about this visit, I will make one suggestion to the innkeepers. We were "upgraded" to a different room upon arrival. And we did, indeed, love the room. Although this room change worked out fine for us and actually was an upgrade, (this is not always the case when this happens), I find this practice somewhat distressing. Part of the fun of staying in a B & B, is reading the reviews and studying the rooms on the website. I always make reservations far in advance to get the room I want. In fact, this reservation was made several months in advance. If someone occupying "our room" decides to stay an extra day, I feel they should be the ones switched to another room. Upon arrival, when told my room is not available, (especially with reservation made this far in advance), the message it sends me is, "the other guests are more important than you are."

Nevertheless, I would not hesitate to recommend this bed and breakfast. It's a spectacular home with very nice and interesting hosts.

Room Tip: The Hazelnut room is the only room on the first floor and is handicap accessible. No street noise wh...
Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Couldn't get away for a week and so we decided a weekend in Lancaster, PA would be just as relaxing, romantic and enjoyable. We picked the Silverstone Inn & Suites by chance (googling bed and breakfasts online) and were so happy we chose this one! Everything from the scenery (beautiful sunsets, adorable sheep, beautiful location), location (close to everything you might want to do in Lancaster) was great! Miranda and Nick were great hosts, so nice and helpful and friendly. We stayed in the Copper Beech Suite which includes a balcony, a dual shower head shower and a jacuzzi, all were so great! Especially the dual head shower was so nice. Overall can't recommend this bed and breakfast more, we will definitely be back. We had such a relaxing time in a beautiful bed and breakfast! Thank you so much Nick and Miranda. Can't wait for our next visit!! We stayed August 9th-10th, 2014.

Room Tip: Copper Beech Suite is great! It's one the biggest and most luxurious rooms.Includes a living roo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Nick W, Public Relations Manager at Silverstone Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

I'm glad your weekend getaway was as special as you planned. It is nice to hear you enjoyed all the features the the Copper Beech Suite offers.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We just completed a wonderful weekend at the beautiful Silverstone Inn and Suites in Lancaster, PA. The Inn is a restored home from the 1700s and nothing has been spared to make it up to date while still keeping it in the original style of the house. The accommodations were spotless and our room was spacious and well decorated. The Inn is also a working farm in a beautiful setting and we had fun watching the sheep. My husband and I went there to cycle and our hosts, Miranda and Rick, went out of their way to help us pick out routes in the area so we could stay on less traveled roads and see lots of Amish out and about. They also served a very delicious breakfast. We intend to return to Lancaster and will definitely stay there. I agree with "Pat J" that the website does not do it service......it is a 5 star inn.

Room Tip: I think that probably all of the rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

I like the title of your review! Im glad you enjoyed the scenery on your cycle tour of the area, I still cant believe how far you cycled! The route you showed me must have been between 20-30 miles. Come visit again soon, I will have a few other cycling routes for you to try next time you come to the area.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was searching for the perfect BnB in the Lancaster area and was so pleased to have found it! We were planning to cycle the county and not only was this place perfectly accessible to all local attractions, you really felt like you were a million miles away when settled in. The grounds were beautifully kept. After a full day of cycling we enjoyed a glass of wine in the gazebo tucked away in the maple grove- the setting was serene and peaceful. The inn was modern and clean yet was still able to provide the unique charm of a classic BnB. The service was impeccable with great local recommendations and a delicious breakfast. We will definitely be going back and would highly recommend. If you are searching through the endless list of potential BnB's, as I was, stop- you have found the one!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband & I visited Lancaster County for the first time this past week. We are so pleased that we chose to stay at this lovely home. From the moment we walked in the door we felt right at home. It is actually better in person than the web site!

Room Tip: All rooms appear nice.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The inn has a beautiful location surrounded by farmland, you feel like you are miles away but in reality it is only a couple of blocks from Rt. 30 and many of the area's attractions. The rooms are very nice and exceptional clean. Breakfast was first class. I believe actions speak more then words....I have booked my second stay before the my first stay was over!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Excellent to hear that you enjoyed the location of our historic home. It was a good idea to book in advance for the Fall, the area is gorgeous that time of year and the rooms fill up fast!