“We have loved this property for years”
Review of Country Living Inn

Country Living Inn
and 1 more site!
Country Living Inn
Ranked #11 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We have stayed at this small inn for many, many years. In fact, we stayed there before the current owners took possession. It is locally owned and the owners are very, very nice. This is one of the cleanest inns/hotels that I have ever stayed in, and I have stayed in many. Even though the furniture remains the same from the first stay and is somewhat dated, when you enter the room it is though you are entering your own bedroom. One can simply feel the cleanliness. I have wondered how they can keep the carpet looking as though it has just been installed. The inn staff is very accommodating and could not be nicer. We love the fact that we can watch the buggies travel the street from rocking chairs on the front porch. One certainly does not get the feel of chain hotels when visiting this property. You can experience the tranquility upon entering your room.

There are two floors to the inn with no elevator but the first floor rooms are room accessible but the bathrooms only have tubs and showers.

The only negative thing I can say is the bed pillows need to be replaced. Hopefully, this will be accomplished in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the working Amish farm, even though this is the louder side of the inn.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jfoxs58

Reviewed 18 August 2011

My husband and I felt lost without a port in the storm after a very negative experience with another room we had booked. It was a welcomed relief to find this place. We were just driving around desperate and my husband saw the people sitting on the porch in the rocking chairs looking very comfortable and happy. We were very happy to find that there was a vacancy and even more delighted when we saw the room. It was so clean and comfortable. We loved the decor and the hallway was charming with all the country accents. An added bonus was the fact that we got a voucher for the 50's styled restaurant next door that made our breakfast tab extremely low.The food was wonderful and we just loved the themed decor. We decided that we will plan a trip in the future to the area and make sure to stay at the Country Living Inn.

Room Tip: We had no problems with the room at all. Contrary to some of the other reviews we had not issues wit...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Virginia W
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Pluses:
Great location for Amish village attractions.
The facility is clean as others have noted.
They serve muffins, coffee and hot chocolate.
They do have quilts on the beds, and good decor.
Minuses:
There is no one from the management on the property after 8 in the night. The owners stay on five minutes drive (we were told)
In the morning we got up and toilet flush was not working. Upon inquiry, the water pressure was down. They said it is a rare thing (may be the infrastructure could not handle long weekend rush). Another toilet outside which we were directed to also had the same issue, was dirty so no use really. So, long weekend hypes prices but no return for that. I have to say that the water was back within a quarter hour or so after we came to know that it was down.
While leaving, the front desk asked us "How was the experience except for the water issue?" We said, "In such cases, there is some compensation at least that needs to be given to the customer".. that was a no. I then further said, "In such cases, there is a possibility of a bad review" and the lady said, "OK, I will let the owners know that".

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
13  Thank gaurinw
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Stayed here for the weekend with my Mom and Aunt and we loved it. The place is super clean and the view of the farm across the street was really nice. I left my pregnancy pillow behind and they were kind enough to ship it out to me immediately and followed up with a call to see if I received it. Great, Friendly staff, we will definately be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank diamonds1017
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Clean, nice quilts, but this place is disappointing. Breakfast was bad coffee and an invitation to next door to a diner. Feels like a clean motel...no inn here...nicest feature is a neat view in the back of some farmland. I'd stay elsewhere next time.

Soft, uncomfortable mattress in the Stars & Stripes room.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank BaruchAdam
Reviewed 6 August 2009

and was exceedingly clean. The only drawback was there was a lot of traffic going by until late at night. Other than that, everything was great. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank lakeshawnee
Reviewed 27 February 2009

Good hotel. I would stay again. We were there for business, but I would go again to visit the area and stay at the Country Living Inn. The hotel had clean rooms, great rates and the receptionists were super friendly.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business