“Wonderful B&B, fantastic hosts!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed in October of '10, and had a fantastic time. We were celebrating our "babymoon" and Gerry and Dave were fantastic hosts. They had wonderful advice for the area and were very friendly. Room was great, breakfast was FANTASTIC. I would definitely recommend this to friends, family, or strangers. 5 stars all the way!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

I have decided to go back to our "no response" reviews back when I didn't realize how very important ALL of our reviews are and have been to the ultimate success in our business. Some of you many have been with us many times since these first reviews. Please know that we are humbled by your praise and mostly by you future visit you will shower our way. THANK YOU!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the B & B. Each day brought a delicious new gourmet breakfast from Gerry, new conversation with fellow guests, and plenty of Daves fabulous Colombian coffee.

Very clean and tidy environment with charming grounds

Dave and Gerry have worked hard to anticipate in advance what we travellers are looking for and to provide for these needs in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

I would recommend this B & B to any other travelling couples, small families, or solos without hesitation

Room Tip: Check the excellent website to see what room you prefer
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 April 2012

My first stay at a B & B was a great experience.
The innkeepers Dave and Gerry are very friendly.
The house is well kept, clean and cozy.
I was solo, so I chose the Princess Room, it is on the third floor.
The room is decorated so beautiful, it was just so cute.
The breakfast was delicious.
I recommend this B & B to anyone visiting the Lancaster area.

Colleen Keys, Philly, PA

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I would recommend it to anybody! Our room was one of the smallest, (I believe it was the Princess room), but beautiful and cozy. Bathroom was spotless and fully loaded with towels, soaps, conditioner, washcloth etc. I was not so impressed with a breakfast, but their collection of teas, available for guest 24/4 is amazing! Host is willing to explore u the area and will even provide you the map of the Lancaster.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Really enjoyed staying at this hotel as our base for exploring the area. The room was very pretty, clean and comfortable. The hosts had put a great deal of thought into everything and there was nothing to want for, from the well stocked guest fridge to homemade cookies. The only slight negative for us was the breakfast. It was beautifully prepared but we are not used to having such sweet things so early in the day and would have liked a simple alternative. Despite this we would strongly recommend this B&B.

Reviewed 13 October 2011

Once again a lovely weekend with friends at the Dingeldein house, this is our second year at the 'B & B', we stayed in the 'Rose room' this time which is beautiful! Our friends stayed in the 'Princess room' which was equally as lovely! Dave is a mine of information about the area and so helpful, finding and booking us a taxi for our night out at the 'Brewery' and back after. We had lovely breakfasts made by Gerrie with so many treats spread around the house that we could help ourselves to at any time day or night. This is truely a gem and nobody would be disappointed with the experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 September 2011

You can't go wrong with this lovely B & B!!! EVERYTHING....and I do mean EVERYTHING....was perfect. The room Master Suite was lovely and romantic. I especially loved the dressing room! The breakfasts were delicious and Gerri was gracious enough to share her recipes. There were fresh baked cookies daily, candy in the room and foyer, a refrigerator with drinks, complimentary wine, and we even had a lovely little celebration cake in our room! Dave and Gerri were such warm and inviting hosts, full of info for anything we wanted to do. This wasn't my first trip to Lancaster, as I do love the area. But I can say without a doubt, it was my BEST! We will most certainly be back. Thank you so much for a perfect 2 days!!!

Room Tip: Not sure about the other rooms, but the Master Suite is awesome!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple