“Great Place to Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The owners are super welcoming and helpful. Everything they suggested was right on. We had a great room. The place is clean and well cared for The food was spectacular. All of it was freshly made and gourmet. It is really a great place

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jill O
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

I have decided to go back to our "no response" reviews back when I didn't realize how very important ALL of our reviews are and have been to the ultimate success in our business. Some of you many have been with us many times since these first reviews. Please know that we are humbled by your praise and mostly by you future visit you will shower our way. THANK YOU!

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Being an innkeeper myself I am very critical about other BnB's. However, The Lancaster BnB went above and beyond my expectations. Brad and Keith are exceptional host and keep the inn immaculately clean. The food is homemade and fresh and you will not leave hungry. My partner and I stayed for our honeymoon and we couldn't have been happier. We will definately be returning and will not stay anywhere else. If you are a "foodie", Brad's cooking will keep your palate jumping for joy. Some of our dishes included stuffed french toast with carmalized bananas and golden raisins, homemade vegetable quiche and skillet huevos rancheros with homemade tortillas and salsa. As well they also serve a fruit parfait, homemade breads and homemade chicken sausages

The pictures on tripadvisor are no longer accurate, Brad and Keith have cleaned it up and the spaces are beautifully decorated. We love the Saffron Room but when we return we want to stay in the Queen Room.

Room Tip: The Saffron(Nature Room) and Rose Room are separate from the house if you like more privacy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank toddwes

Reviewed 10 August 2012

I actually stayed with Brad and Keith on my last business trip to Lancaster. I had learned of the inn through a recommendation from another innkeeper who was excited about the cooking school that they were going to be offering in the near future. I do quite a bit of cooking myself, so I figured I could pick their brains a bit while I was in town on business and scope their plans for the school for a future visit.

Brad and Keith are the new owners and have clearly enjoyed themselves while renovating this beautiful old home; the home is an old classic but the furnishings have been updated to tasteful standards. You can come and go as you like with a security door off the parking area or be a social as you like with Keith and Brad.

These are hard workers and truly nice guys with super taste in all they do. Keith has a background in interior design and manages many aspects of the business; he is a very polite and delightful man. Brad, from what I could tell seems to be the real chief in addition to being an artsy fellow and the visionary behind the cooking school plans. I only had time to enjoy Brad’s banana stuffer French toast, but if it is any indication of things to come, watch out for the opening of the cooking school and book a stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rick N

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Words cannot explain how much I enjoyed my stay at The Lancaster BnB. Brad & Keith you two go above and beyond phenomal service. The house was immaculate. The service was exceptional. The accomodations were exquisitely comforting. The FOOD WAS DIVINE. I've stayed at many BnB's (across the globe) and this one has by far exceeded all of them. Brad your culinary skills blew my mind and were music to my mouth and joy to my belly. And I so enjoyed your stories. Keith the way you greeted us at the door and gave us a full tour of the property and made us feel like family (not just guest), truly filled me with joy. And you are such a breath of fresh air. You will see me again.....real soon. You made my stay in Lancaster memorable. Thanks! Kristol

Room Tip: The Cottage was quiet, cozy, and extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank treyaut

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We made last minute plans for visiting the Lancaster PA area. We had not really done 'our homework', but Keith and Brad gave us wonderful tips on where to go and what to see (and avoid!). We have stayed in B&B's many times and this was one of our best experiences. The breakfasts were terrific. We stayed in their smallest (and least expensive) room and it was just fine. We had wine each evening on the outside proch and were provided with 'real' wine glasses and fun chats with both Brad and Keith. Would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 July 2012

This was our first trip to Lancaster, we had the most wonderful time staying with Brad and Keith at their B&B, Brad's knowledge about the surrounding area and his story telling were so interesting and funny, and his gourmet cooking, was the most delicious breakfast I've had in a long time. Keith and his decorating skills for the common areas have made it a very cozy, comfortable and inviting environment. They are the most gracious hosts and we plan to visit them again, it being a 1st time for me staying in a B&B, the experience couldn't have been more wonderful!! Ximena from Bedford, New York

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We have been visiting the O'Flaherty's Dingeldein House bed and breakfast for over seven years. Brad and Keith are our third owners for the property. They have the gift of hospitality needed to be bed and breakfast owners. Keith has used his decorator touch already in several of the common areas. Keith also it bringing the bed and breakfast into the techno age with new Wi-Fi, a blog, face book and twitter. (Sorry I’m not into anything but email but it will be great.) Now the breakfasts, they were incredible. The egg strata with fresh peas and asparagus was delicious accompanied by a fresh strawberry salad and the other surprise was a fruit smoothie that was perfect. The French toast the second day stuffed with cream cheese and raisins with berry compote was also wonderful. Brad makes his own fresh turkey sausage also.

Keith and Brad are new to the area from California but had already shared a few new restaurants we haven’t tried in the area. Also, if you enjoy theater, movies, decorating, cooking or television both Keith and Brad have wonderful stories to share. We are already checking out the Fulton theater’s season for another visit soon. Welcome to Lancaster Brad and Keith!!

Room Tip: We like the Foxglove room which is one the third floor. It is probably not the most quiet being on...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple