“Unbelievable B&B!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Unbelievable B&B!!!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My aunt, mother, and I stayed for (unfortunately) only 1 night. The house is lovely and we enjoyed sitting in the living room speaking with Brad, one of the hosts. Oh, the stories he tells!!! Both hosts are so friendly and welcoming. The difference with this B&B are the details. They have thought of EVERYTHING! The breakfast was truly gourmet and we ate every last bite! I would never stay anywhere else in Lancaster. If I ever make it back I'll be staying here. You just can't go wrong here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 May 2015
Krista,
Sorry but it all got away from me and then I see I had never responded to your kind words. We loved your time here as well but to short come back soon and call us for return rates,
Yours, Brad & Keith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Keith and Brad were wonderful hosts, well informed, and prepared the yummiest breakfasts. The communal areas beautifully furnished, loved the fish pond. Beds very comfy too. We loved our stay, very central to the Amish countryside.

• Stayed September 2013
Please forgive thew time is has taken to say Thank You! We are so pleased when our guests have enjoyed their stay. Thank You
Brad & Keith
Rockaway, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We arrived Saturday afternoon after a much needed rest and getaway. We checked in around 4 and was greeted by Keith, who was so welcoming and wonderful. He explained places to see and eat, and then a tour of the beautiful house and property. The house felt like we were truly in our own home. So inviting and relaxing. So much so, we put our head down for a little rest, and woke up 2 hours later!!!! A much needed rest, and the bed was so comfortable. We were in the Foxglove room and loved it. Beautiful electric fireplace, and very roomy bathroom. Nice seating area. We had our little snack of cheeses that we ordered for our stay and was the perfect treat. Cheeses, crackers and fruit. We stopped downtown for a drink, light food and jazz, and came back to have tea and coffee on the porch outside. Beautiful night, and very quiet. They also provide port and cookies, as well as water/soda and chips/granola bars available to you at anytime. Plenty of magazines, books, and dvr's if you like as well.

We headed back up after our tea and coffee and settled in for a wonderfully relaxed and deep sleep. We woke to wonderful smells of Brad in the kitchen downstairs. No specific time to come and eat, but juice, tea, coffee, fruit and a wonderful baked egg dish with homemade chicken sausage mixed in. As a chef, it was not only great to have someone else cook for us, but it was nice to have a wonderful home cooked meal, not too fancy, but perfectly seasoned and cooked. And just the right amount of portions. They also gave us ideas to see and do on Sunday when most places are closed. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast if you are looking for a nice and relaxing or romantic getaway. Its like being in the comforts of your own home, with out having to lift a finger. Brad and Keith are wonderful hosts and love making everyone feel welcome and at home. Breakfast felt like being in a dorm again with all the guests so nice and welcoming as well and sharing their visits to the local area and what we should see. This a reasonably priced B and B and worth every penny and minute you spend there.

Room Tip: We slept in the Foxglove room. 1 of 2 rooms on the top floor. We had no problem with noise at all. A...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Indiggonj
So sorry to be responding so late...but thank you for your praise. We do love what we do and are so very happy when guests enjoy. We hope you will return soon.
New York City, New York, Usa
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Lovely place, lovely people, quiet, private, excellent breakfast, great vibe.
I usually shy away from B&B's because I don't like to be distracted by socializing on a limited schedule, but I picked this one out of a hat because I was attracted by the price and the pictures -- and bingo! It's a GEM! And I SHALL return!

Room Tip: The "Clove" room does not have a stand-up shower if you require one. It's an authenti...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hester,
I sadly had missed this early review and feel ashamed for not having responded. You have been back numerous times since this review and me miss seeing you both. Hope all is well in New York and we look forward to seeing you both soon.
Brad & Keith
Ossining, New York, Usa
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Brad & Keith are wonderful hosts and went out of their way to accommodate our requests, even giving us directions to local attractions when we called them from our car. The food selections were outstanding, one of the best that we have had at a B&B.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John-Terri23
John and Terri,
Sorry to have let your review slip by without saying thank You, THANK YOU!
Norristown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We recently stayed at The Lancaster Bed & Breakfast and from the moment we walked in the door we were made to feel like longtime friends. The inn is so warm and cozy with all the little extras such as freshly baked cookies everyday and Keith and Brad are two of the warmest, friendliest people you will ever meet. They were always available to give advice on where to go if needed. The rooms were amazing and the food is to die for. The pond outside with it's running water is so relaxing and the general atmosphere of the inn makes you feel like your home. I would advise anyone looking for a B&B in Lancaster to give it a try....you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hawthorne Suite....it was amazing
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank terri08136
Dear Terri,

Forgive me for not responding sooner. We feel that when guests choose to stay with us that they are indeed friends. Thank You for your generous praise.
Freehold
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I can not say enough good things about this bed and breakfast. Let me tell you we have stayed here 5 nights in the last year.. I think that should speak for itself. We have stayed in the Cove.. Hawthorne Suite.. and this trip it was the Camamile plus on 2 occassions they were booked so we stayed home. My husband and I both agree this home is very comfortable and makes you feel welcome. The rooms are beautifully decorated and I love the bathrooms.. nothing like the old soaking tubs to relieve your stress. As for breakfast.. well that is GOURMET! I am a picky eater and dont typically try new foods. When I am here and told what spices or ingredients are used I always say to myself. . I dont usually eat that.. and when I try it it is delicious! And you wont need lunch as the meal stays with you. Brad and Keith are wonderful people. Very warm and inviting and always helpful!!! We can't wait to go back :)

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank KellyHaber
Kelly,
I can't believe I let your review go without replying please forgive me. We LOVE you both so much and really feel that family have arrive when you get here and sad when you have to leave. We always look forward to seeing you come back soon.
Love You, Brad & Keith