“Just fabulous!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ottawa, Canada
“Just fabulous!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Do your self a huge favour and spend a night or 3 at the Lancaster. We stayed here two nights while exploring the countryside in September and it was the highlight of our 9 days in Pennsylvania. The owners are so welcoming, warm and friendly that we could have happily spent the day chatting with them. The Hawthorne suite was large, clean, well outfitted and just as shown in the photos.
It’s the little extras that made this place so lovely – a large comfortable living room with complimentary Port, chocolates and home made cookies, reference books of the area to peruse and a shaded porch for relaxing. As so many other reviewers have said, the icing on the cake is the breakfast Brad prepares every morning. Wonderful fresh fruit followed by incredible eggs and baked goods.
We will return – perhaps in January to break the drive home from Florida. For sure, we’ll be watching for Brad’s cooking school to open. Thank you both for a delightful two nights in your house and I hope it continues to be a success. You deserve it!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Please forgive it taking so long for me to respond but I decided to shout out to all who had written kind words. Thank you for all you shared about your staying with us. We continue to have the very best guests. We continue to redecorate and keep improving each room as we can and do really providing good food to our guest your generous words make it so rewarding to do what we do. Thank you, we would love to see you both again sometime, and the cooking school continues to move forward and we will send out invitations as soon as it opens, most likely late fall 2014.
Thank You again! Yours Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Hebrew first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Such a great experience at the Lancaster B&B! A welcoming and cozy place where our hosts made us feel so at home. Wonderful surroundings. Clean and oh so comfortable rooms. Hospitality that was second to none. Breakfast was the highlight of the two days we spent there so do give your self time to savor a wonderful start to your day. Food, lively and interesting conversation in lovely surroundings. Keith and Brad, thank you ever so much. We will be back someday very soon!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank You! I am sorry that it has taken so long to respond but a simple thank you for the kind words, we both really enjoyed your time here and would love to see you both again sometime. Yours, Brad and Keith, The Lancaster BnB
Brooklyn, New York, Usa
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Waiting to exhale and that's exactly what my partner Kathy and I did as we arrived. Exhaled with joy and excitement. The friendliest hosts ever. If ever anyone is considering a bed and breakfast I would truly recommend this one..thanks Keith and brad

Room Tip: Astoundingly clean and the decor beautiful..needed a bit more heat but overall good
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Michele & Kathy, We loved your visit with us. Thank you for the generous words. We would love for you to come back and if it is cold outside Michele I promise to raise the temperature while your here or at very least personally attend to your Amish heater in your room...Thank you so much for the kind words and forgive my taking so long to respond. Yours, Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed 26 November 2013

When checking out reviews, I decided all the reviewers could not have conspired together to give fabulous ratings - this is for real! Even so, my two friends and I had an unexpectedly incredible time, and we spent three nights at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast. Brad & Keith see to it that every detail is perfect. Breakfast is amazing without question. There are also special treats throughout the house including cookies, stocked fridges, chocolates and port wine. They also provide a vast selection of books, movies and games for fun/family time. Beautiful fireplaces and architectural details are prevalent. The home is beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean, as is the cottage. I challenge you to find a bed and breakfast with more charming and witty (yes, funny!) hosts who provide a fabulous experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in two adjoining rooms, which was perfect for us. Suites are also available. Send an inqui...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Denise, Please forgive my lateness in my responding. Your words make me blush, I am certain you don't believe I could blush...We loved having you all here and would love to see you all again and again...Miss you all Yours Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB
Philadelphia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My partner and I stayed one night in the clove room. The room was very private and had a beautiful claw foot tub. (If you need a stand up shower, another room may work better for you). The b&b was tastefully decorated and offered two fireplaces in the common spaces. We ordered the cheese plate, which was ridiculously good. The cheese selection was great and there was enough cheese for at least five people. Powered by a bottle of wine, we tried to make it through the great cheese sampler but couldn't finish. In the morning the leftover cheese was packed into a to go box.

Now the important part - the breakfast. This was by far the best breakfast at a b&b we ever had. A fresh fruit salad with a maple, lime juice mint glaze. Amazing challah bread French toast with fresh raspberries. I'm a vegetarian, so mine was accompanied by soy sausage. My partner raved about the freshly made chicken sage breakfast patty.

Other details - house port, cookies and candy. Close to shops and eateries. In nice months, you could walk to the lancaster brewing company. Not so much in the winter.

The hosts are great. Super friendly and great conversationalists. I asked were a certain cheese could be purchased, and they were on the phone checking to see if it was in stock in a store that was open on a Sunday.

We will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank You, Thank You please forgive my lateness in responding. We too loved having you both stay with us, and so very close, we have not been able to get to Philly but when we do...I have added some new veggie dishes and variations. I look forward to seeing you both again soon, Yours Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We arrived the night of the 20th of November for a two night stay. Our rooms were adjoining on the second floor. The house is decorated so tastefully, snacks, coffee, sodas, water, chocolate, port wine all available at all times. Little suprises throughout the house. Several beautiful fireplaces, internet, books, office, and the most amazing hosts. Brad and Kieth both greeted us. So kind and informative. Breakfast was amazing. Fresh and prepared by a professional chef. Served between 8:30 and 10. The first day we had a meeting and had to leave early. The hosts prepared us a breakfast to go including the most amazing homemade scones. The second night we were having so much fun we decided not to leave. We moved rooms to the cottage (also wonderful) The food is amazing!!! The host told us about local places and we saw Lancaster totally different on this trip. I would give them 10 stars if I could and will be back and bring friends.

Room Tip: We loved the rooms on the second floor. No fitness center, sorry I hit the wrong button.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Cathy, You are so funny sorry that I am back reviewing your first review just after you have returned, please forgive me. I miss you all! We have a fitness center...its the stair climber to and from the 3rd floor ten time a day...LOL After you all left both Keith and said you all are like sisters we didn't know we had. LOVE Miss You come back soon Yours Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB
Tampa
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Brad & Keith are are the most gracious, fun, interesting hosts. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay here - and can't wait to get back. Would love to be their first participants in their cooking school……..

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Sorry for the delay in responding but better late than not because your kind words to indeed mean a great deal us both. Thank You! The cooking school is indeed moving forward and I will call ASAP it happens hoping for late October, early November. We did truly enjoy your visit and would love to see you again. Yours, Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB