“Perfect!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was planning my boyfriend's 30th birthday around a hot air balloon ride taking place the next town over. Travelling with us would be my parents, his parents, his sister and her husband making 8 of us in total. From the second I called to make my reservation, I knew we were in good hands with Keith and Brad.

The pictures online don't even touch on how beautiful the home really is. Before leaving for dinner, we had our own little "happy hour" in the living room with wine and cheese that we had brought, with wine glasses provided for us by Brad and Keith. We had many laughs and made some good memories and it felt like being at home.

The next morning, we left at sunrise for the hot air balloon ride and came home to one of the best breakfasts I have ever had! There was also fresh brewed coffee along with a vast selection of Keurig cups and various herbal teas waiting for us.

Brad and Keith took the time out to tell us things we didn't know about the area and suggestions on what to do around town. I couldn't have asked for a better overall experience and the hilarity that ensued at times made for a very worry-free and pleasurable weekend.

Thank you Brad and Keith! We will certainly be back!

Amy V.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank amyv723
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Amy and all...
We LOVED having each and everyone of you in our home. Nothing is more rewarding than to have guest arrive unknown and leave feeling like old friends that you look forward to seeing again. Thank You for all your generous words you all were such honest and warm "folks" it is easy to create memories together. We look forward to seeing you again anytime. Our Best! Yours, Brad & Keith The Lancaster BnB

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Once again, Brad and Keith did not disappoint. Every detail is "covered". You will want for nothing. We went on a 'girls trip' but highly recommend for couples and families as well. (There were several couples/families we met during our stay.) The breakfasts are YUMMY and freshly prepared.
Everything was clean and welcoming. We immediately felt right at home. This lovely Victorian mansion is centrally-located and within a short drive of the Lancaster attractions. I would tell anyone/everyone to stay here when coming to Lancaster area. We will be back!!

Room Tip: If you have two-three-four people in your party, you may want to book the two rooms on the 2nd floor...
1  Thank Denise G
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Denise,
We are so glad that you stay only with us cause we would miss you if you didn't. Thank you for the continued generous words. Thank you for saying our central location we feel it is one of our best assets. Thank you! Yours Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was my first time in a Bed and Breakfast. It was very clean,comfortable and homey. The price was reasonable. Our host Brad, was very welcoming, knowledgable of the Lancaster County area and his breakfast was delicious. My friend now can say she likes sweet potatoes and turnips. She is not a fan of veggies. I myself have never had a turnip and found it quite good. Our stay was a wonderful, but short, as we only stayed one night. Would definitely come back again and recommend The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast to family, friends or anyone making a trip to Lancaster. So, sorry we did not get to meet Keith this trip(as he was out of town).

Joyce,
I promise on your next visit less veggies and no turnips but thrilled you liked them in the shirred eggs and root vegetable Hash. Next time something evil…We would love to see you again yours, Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is a lovely home with a superb host. I had one complaint, the B&B was on a busier street than I had thought and there was a bit of traffic noise at night, but a very minor concern, the close road meant quick access to downtown Lancaster (7 minutes, maybe).

We had a nice room. And you could not ask for a nicer more accomodating host. It looked lilke I would have to do a skype meeting during vacation, and they were more than accomodadting about finding me a space well before check in time. Excelent food and a lovely atmosphere. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: away from road if possible, back of house

Dear Annie,
We enjoyed having you here and do understand your finding our home to be on a busier street than expected. We list our Inn as convenient to both Lancaster City as well as Amish country which it is and that does put us on a more traveled route the a "pastoral Amish farm stay". Thank you for your recommendation and kind words. Yours, Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB

Reviewed 10 June 2014

When traveling you need a place to relax and wind down and this place was perfect. After seeing the sights and traveling all day it was nice to have a place that was quiet, relaxing, and comfortable. The atmosphere was peaceful with a nice garden, porch swing, and music in the living room. The owners were very engaging and friendly. Breakfast was awesome offering something new and delicious.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you Tom for your generous words It is nice to hear that our Bed & Breakfast is both peaceful and relaxing. We feel we have the best guest visit making our jobs very easy. Thank You! Yours, Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Wonderful! Hosts, food, house...it doesn't get better than this. Brad and Keith were such great hosts - we will definitely be coming back for a return stay. The food, the atmosphere, the attention to detail (Brad changed the menu so that I didn't have to eat any cooked green veggies - bonus points in my book), the 'insider' info to places to see and things to do. Snacks, cookies, port, comfy beds...who could ask for more? The whole place just says 'welcome home' in the best way possible. We loved it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Wonderful Guests! Your visit has made me look at weather in a whole new light and distance. I hope the remainder of your trip went well we did truly enjoy your visit and would love to see you both again. I have begun looking at variations for my recipes...without green. Cooking for you was a joy!
Thank You, Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was my first experience at a bed and breakfast. 5 of us ladies took over three rooms of the main house for three nights. The minute we walked in I felt like I had gone back in time to my favorite memories of spending the weekend with a favorite aunt or loved one and getting spoiled and pampered all weekend. I was never lucky enough to have had grandparents to spoil me. Brad and Keith make you feel like they are as excited for you to be there as you are! You instantly feel like family. Going to fridge for something to drink. Sitting on the porch drinking coffee. Waiting for breakfast to be ready :) Sitting and talking and drinking coffee after breakfast or before bed. Roaming the house in your pajamas. Comfortable. Safe. Relaxed. At home. Best food and chef on the planet. Lancaster is great, but The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast is THE reason we come to visit!!! Love you guys, Judy, Cathy, Denise, Janice and Beverly

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

We could not be happier with your visit, all five of you filled the house with joy and laughter. Judy I had no idea this was your first BnB stay I am glad that it was with us and hope you will return soon. This being a return visit for your fellow travelers we simply felt you had been here before. It does my heart good to have guests feeling completely at home because they are when staying with us. I am glad to spoil you every time you visit but you spoiled us as well...the pecan pie, plying me with donuts my sweet tooth and waistline thanks you! Come again soon we loved your being here. Yours, Brad and Keith at The Lancaster BnB.