“Great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We enjoyed this place very much. Brad took care of us and his breakfasts are incredible.
Extremely recommendable and the best place we stayed on this 3 week trip through eastern US.
Nice extra's: there's complimentary coffee and soda in the room, biscuits and port at tea time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rikf0
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

We loved getting to know you during your visit we love our Euro guests it lets us travel a bit hearing about your trip. Thank you for the praise and I hope you will visit us again. I hope the remainder of your time was good. Yours Brad & Keith The Lancaster BnB

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Everything that has been written about this B&B is true! It was my first stay in a B&B and I am now spoiled. The breakfasts were gourmet and they happily accommodated my gluten free request. They even had my fav Keurig brand! The room was charming, clean and roomy. The other guests were friendly and quiet. Brad and Keith are awesome hosts and are the "icing on the cake" to my three day stay! I don't like to plan what to do each day so the most helpful thing for me was their insight into what to do and where to go. Everyone of their suggestions was spot on. I hope I get to return very soon.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor. Loved the skylight in the bath and the extra large room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmm_sc

Thank you for your generous words we did truly enjoy your visit and I feel like I now understand your diet needs better thank you! I hope we see you again soon. Yours Brad The Lancaster BnB

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was planning my boyfriend's 30th birthday around a hot air balloon ride taking place the next town over. Travelling with us would be my parents, his parents, his sister and her husband making 8 of us in total. From the second I called to make my reservation, I knew we were in good hands with Keith and Brad.

The pictures online don't even touch on how beautiful the home really is. Before leaving for dinner, we had our own little "happy hour" in the living room with wine and cheese that we had brought, with wine glasses provided for us by Brad and Keith. We had many laughs and made some good memories and it felt like being at home.

The next morning, we left at sunrise for the hot air balloon ride and came home to one of the best breakfasts I have ever had! There was also fresh brewed coffee along with a vast selection of Keurig cups and various herbal teas waiting for us.

Brad and Keith took the time out to tell us things we didn't know about the area and suggestions on what to do around town. I couldn't have asked for a better overall experience and the hilarity that ensued at times made for a very worry-free and pleasurable weekend.

Thank you Brad and Keith! We will certainly be back!

Amy V.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank amyv723
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Amy and all...
We LOVED having each and everyone of you in our home. Nothing is more rewarding than to have guest arrive unknown and leave feeling like old friends that you look forward to seeing again. Thank You for all your generous words you all were such honest and warm "folks" it is easy to create memories together. We look forward to seeing you again anytime. Our Best! Yours, Brad & Keith The Lancaster BnB

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Once again, Brad and Keith did not disappoint. Every detail is "covered". You will want for nothing. We went on a 'girls trip' but highly recommend for couples and families as well. (There were several couples/families we met during our stay.) The breakfasts are YUMMY and freshly prepared.
Everything was clean and welcoming. We immediately felt right at home. This lovely Victorian mansion is centrally-located and within a short drive of the Lancaster attractions. I would tell anyone/everyone to stay here when coming to Lancaster area. We will be back!!

Room Tip: If you have two-three-four people in your party, you may want to book the two rooms on the 2nd floor...
1  Thank Denise G
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Denise,
We are so glad that you stay only with us cause we would miss you if you didn't. Thank you for the continued generous words. Thank you for saying our central location we feel it is one of our best assets. Thank you! Yours Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was my first time in a Bed and Breakfast. It was very clean,comfortable and homey. The price was reasonable. Our host Brad, was very welcoming, knowledgable of the Lancaster County area and his breakfast was delicious. My friend now can say she likes sweet potatoes and turnips. She is not a fan of veggies. I myself have never had a turnip and found it quite good. Our stay was a wonderful, but short, as we only stayed one night. Would definitely come back again and recommend The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast to family, friends or anyone making a trip to Lancaster. So, sorry we did not get to meet Keith this trip(as he was out of town).

Joyce,
I promise on your next visit less veggies and no turnips but thrilled you liked them in the shirred eggs and root vegetable Hash. Next time something evil…We would love to see you again yours, Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is a lovely home with a superb host. I had one complaint, the B&B was on a busier street than I had thought and there was a bit of traffic noise at night, but a very minor concern, the close road meant quick access to downtown Lancaster (7 minutes, maybe).

We had a nice room. And you could not ask for a nicer more accomodating host. It looked lilke I would have to do a skype meeting during vacation, and they were more than accomodadting about finding me a space well before check in time. Excelent food and a lovely atmosphere. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: away from road if possible, back of house

Dear Annie,
We enjoyed having you here and do understand your finding our home to be on a busier street than expected. We list our Inn as convenient to both Lancaster City as well as Amish country which it is and that does put us on a more traveled route the a "pastoral Amish farm stay". Thank you for your recommendation and kind words. Yours, Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB

Reviewed 10 June 2014

When traveling you need a place to relax and wind down and this place was perfect. After seeing the sights and traveling all day it was nice to have a place that was quiet, relaxing, and comfortable. The atmosphere was peaceful with a nice garden, porch swing, and music in the living room. The owners were very engaging and friendly. Breakfast was awesome offering something new and delicious.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you Tom for your generous words It is nice to hear that our Bed & Breakfast is both peaceful and relaxing. We feel we have the best guest visit making our jobs very easy. Thank You! Yours, Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB