“Delightful hospitality and charm”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Brad and Keith are wonderful hosts in this quaint but classy B&B where no details are overlooked. Breakfast was an unexpected delight for this foodie, with complex flavor combinations embedded within common comforts. Highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank southerneratheart
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

It always does my heart good to get praise from a foodie…Thank You! We did enjoy your visit and loo forward to your returning
Brad & Keith

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Wow. I have to start this review with simply...Wow!!!

They say that a true renaissance man is hard to find these days. If that is even partially true, you might be surprised to hear that two of them are currently running The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast.

My wife and I were celebrating our first anniversary and wanted to do something special. We decided to do kitchen improvements, so we weren't going to take a typical full week vacation somewhere like the beach or the Caribbean; so we looked into B&B's. Lancaster isn't too far away from our home town (2 hours roughly) and there is a lot to do, good food, and shopping, so we decided to direct our search for a long weekend to Lancaster.

We came upon The Lancaster B&B as the highest rated B&B in Lancaster. We had VERY high expectations. Do you know that feeling when you wait a long time for a movie to come out, it has a huge budget, you watch the trailer 100 times, and then it's impossible to live up to all the expectations? But every once and a while, a film comes along that fits that bill, yet still blows you away?!? Well that is the Lancaster Bed and Breakfast. BELIEVE THE HYPE!

Now...to the details...

I screwed up the days for when we were arriving and departing prior to even coming to the B&B. I was so worried about calling because I felt terrible. Well, I spoke with Keith, and he had the problem solved in NO TIME. And what was even better, he didn't make me feel bad about it AT ALL. He was warm and kind and made me feel like it was a slight oversight and that he fixed it with no troubles. A renaissance man.

Upon arrival, Keith made us feel welcomed and answered our one hundred questions with knowledge and patience. He gave us a tour of the grounds and we were BLOWN away with how beautiful everything was. They offer all sorts of soft drinks, snacks, chips, coffee and port for guests 24/7. And how can I forget those incredible cookies?!? Keith showed us to our room, helped us solve our dinner plans and gave us great suggestions for our following day activities. A renaissance man.

The next day we woke to a smell that I would literally rob and steal to wake up to every morning. It was the first time I was introduced to Brad's cooking. And believe me folks, it shan't be the last! The aroma filled the halls of the B&B like an invitation to the senses, beckoning you down the stairs to the dining room where our hosts were waiting. Keith was quick to offer coffee and a starter of delicious mixed fruit and a delicious glaze over it. A breakfast appetizer?!? This was DEF the place for me!!!

Breakfast was then served, a delicious and beautifully put together personal skillet with carrots, celery, onion, potatoes, chicken sausage and egg. A most wondrous creation indeed. They say that a TRUE gourmet chef can cook ANYTHING and make it taste incredible. Allow me to enlighten you all...I would have never ordered this off a menu. And as sure as I type this today, it was probably the best breakfast meal I have had in years. Certainly top 5 of ALL TIME including the exact meal I would prefer to order for myself. Is that crazy or what? Brad is a magician in the kitchen. A renaissance man.

I won't bore you with the details of our day, but needless to say, Keith's suggestions and help planning made our day amazing. We would not have had NEARLY the day we wound up having if nor for Keith and Brad's suggestions and helping us piece it all together. Later that night, we returned and enjoyed pastries we purchased during the day out on the side porch. What a beautiful view. You can hear the running water from the fountain, beautiful columns holding up the roof, vines and beautiful plants surround this cozy retreat...comfortable patio furniture...was nothing short of perfect relaxation. We even took some mugs from the dining room and made coffee to go with our deserts.

After retiring for the night, my wife and I enjoyed all the room had to offer. A large tub, a nice spacious walk in shower, 2 air conditioning units keeping our room cool, satellite TV and a large romantic bed. The next day, we awoke to a smell I had just recently discovered but felt like I knew for a lifetime...the smell of Brad's cooking!!! I was anxious to get downstairs and see what this culinary phenom had created for his guests today!

Upon arrival in the dining room, we were treated to another gracious meeting by Keith. Once again, providing us with coffee and another fruit assembly that was second to none. Today was a big day as we were heading off to a spa that Keith had recommended and couldn't wait to relax some more! We were slightly worried because there was a craft show nearby the spa and we didn't want to get stuck in traffic. Before we could be bothered with worry, Brad delivered his second amazing breakfast in as many days. This was a breakfast lasagna (actual name escapes me at this moment) with egg, cheese, chicken sausage over a tomato sauce...this was ALSO in my top 5 breakfasts of all time and MIGHT be the best breakfast I have ever had in my life. After finishing my amazing meal that was prepared by Brad, Keith approached...while we were dining, he was busy finding a safe route to the spa to avoid traffic! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? Wow. Just...Wow. Just like how I started my review, that is how I shall end it. WOW. Because no other words can accurately describe how you will feel from arrival all the way to departure. Wow. It was actually sad to leave our new friends. They truly made us feel like we belonged there and both were amazing conversationalists. I would have liked to talk to them more as they were so friendly and interesting...but alas, we were on our anniversary and they are running the best B&B in Lancaster AND that I have ever been to period. Both renaissance men. Both gentlemen. Both my wife and I consider friends now. We can't WAIT to go back again!!! We are already thinking of excuses to go back!

Do not have any doubts. You too will be "wowed" by the Lancaster Bed and Breakfast.

Room Tip: Hawthorn Suite was spacious and beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RJKESQ

Thank You! Thank You! We have had many wonderful reviews in our short two years but yours does truly humble me, Thank You!. We both feel like we have new friends and welcome any time to share with you.
Again…Thank You!
Brad & Keith,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was our second stay at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast Inn. We have stayed at many bed and breakfast inns for decades. None is more comfortable or better run than the Lancaster B and B. Brad and Keith are the perfect hosts. The innkeepers assisted us in making a last minute one night escape very enjoyable. Their warmth, skills, and great breakfast make us look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

We love having you both come and visit and always are so happy when we see you are returning. It is guest like you that make us look forward to repeats. We love what we do and your generous words keep us going.
Yours, Brad & Keith
The Lancaster Bnb

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is my 4th stay and I am amazed at the level of comfort this place affords. Brad and Keith are by far the best innkeepers. I have stayed at quite a few BnBs and this is still my my favorite. There is no comparison. The food DIVINE, the grounds, LOVELY, the rooms, IMMACULATE, the facility, COMFORTABLE AND WELCOMING. If you are hesitant about staying here, don't be...you will not be disappointed!!! If I could give The Lancaster BnB 10000 stars I would. Already booking for November and for next July.

Room Tip: I've stayed in 3 rooms throughout my 4 visits. I love them all. But my last visit I was alone an...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

What can I say but we LOVE you! The worst part about your visits is when you have to leave. Your words make me blush. Thank You!!!
Love You, Brad & Keith
The Lancaster Bnb

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We usually stay in a hotel when we are in town. We visit here frequently because our son attends college in Lancaster. i wish we had found this place 4 years ago. It was amazing and homey and clean. The food was outstanding! the room was large and uncluttered and very comfortable. the grounds were lovely and inviting. The owners thought of everything. My husband and i always say we don't vacation too often because our home is quite nice. But our experience here was exceptional.

Lisa,
Thank you for all the kind words and review. We enjoyed your stay as well and look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you
Brad & Keith

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our first B&B stay. Found the perfect one. You felt like you were staying at you friends house.
We felt so welcome. Great location. If you are thinking about staying here, do it, you won't be sorry. Let's not forget the great breakfast, the great rooms. It was perfect!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

THANK YOU!
Yours words of praise are much appreciated thank you. Look forward to seeing you both again anytime. Yours, Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband planned a weekend away, and I must admit I was leery, but when we arrived at the Lancaster Inn Bed & Breakfast I was pleasantly surprised. He could not have booked a better place to stay. Our room was beautiful and welcoming and Brad and Keith are amazing Inn Keepers. We arrived as strangers and left feeling like we had made lifelong friends. We will staying again in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We are so honored to be your first time at a BnB, Thank You! Thank you for the compliments we love being innkeepers and guest as yourselves make us happy to be doing what we love. Thank You, Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB