“A great little bakery”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 27 September 2016

I often stop here for lunch on the go. One of my favorites is the the tuna pasta salad. The pannini are excellent and I usually eat half for lunch and then bring the rest home for my husband to snack on--they are a very generous size. Coffee and bakery items, especially the almond croissant and the biscotti, are also worth ordering. And the staff couldn't be nicer.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Wonderful Italian bakery right in the heart of town. Great destination for a quick bite (salads and sandwiches) or for something sweet.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Sometimes I just drop by the "Sweet Life" to treat myself to a sumptuous and colorful pastry without eating anything else, even though they offer a full complement of sandwiches and other delicious specialties. This place is worthy of New York City with its overcrowded glass cases, except the prices are incredibly reasonable. Whenever I have company who wants to walk around Lancaster and look at architecture, I always take them to La Dolce Vita.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

Bistro tables fully occupied on the sidewalk outside this bakery lured me in, and the goodies inside sold me on this place. All my senses were put on high alert. The trays of freshly baked and artfully presented pastries looked as good as they likely tasted. The place was bustling despite the early hour. The staff were courteous and helpful, and didn't rush any of the customers. The iced coffee was one of the best I've had. As a visitor only in Lancaster for the morning, I wasn't in the position to taste much of the fare, but my eyes took it all in and left me thinking of a place I would love to return to again and again for tasty treats that linger as memories.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

I was in downtown Lancaster on a Monday....which means, most restaurants are closed in this part of town for some reason. I was quite hungry and happened to see La Dolce Vita Courthouse Bakery and saw that it was open. Inside, it looks like some of the bakeries that I went to in Rome. I had a delicious pasta salad (includes three slices of bread), a canned Coke, and a very large and tasty "chocolate cigar" pastry. For all of this, plus a generous 20% tip, I paid less than $10. This was my last day in town, but if I come back to Lancaster in the future, I plan on eating here again. They have so many choices of delicious looking desserts as well as calzones and various pasta salads. My family member got a different pasta salad and gelato and really liked her food as well. We were there around 2:30 p.m. and there were still a lot of customers coming in and out (I ate at the small counter that overlooks a window, great for people watching).