“Great hotel ! But, not much life for youngsters”
Review of Heritage Hotel

Heritage Hotel
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 5 November 2007

We stayed one night in this hotel. The hotel itself was very nice - rooms were clean and the linens were upscale for a 2 star hotel. All the front desk people were very friendly ! This hotel has a lounge where we had live music last saturday till 1:30 a.m. in the morning. So, that was great. There is a restaurant at this hotel where breakfast was all you can eat buffet for 8 bucks.

The only thing I noticed was that this place isn't for youngsters. The people around were mostly in their 60s and above. The live music was also pertained towards them. So, if you are a young couple - this may not be a place for you but then if you are in lancaster, I think this is expected.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank moo_cow18

Reviewed 4 September 2007

The hotel was about 15 minutes away from our main destination, Dutch Wonderland. It was a straight shot, so it was virtually painless. It is well worth it...

The hotel has undergone recent renovations and was tastefully decorated. The staff were professional and friendly. Luckily, I had made reservations in advance, as they were booked early in the evening. Upon check in, I inspected the room before settling into it (as I always do) It was clean and comfortable. The only concern I had was that it was on the end of the west wing and with children we wanted to be more centrally located. No problem..the staff readily gave me choice of the remaining 3 rooms.

My room included complimentary breakfast for all occupants, as I booked through Lancaster Tourism Office. Check your inclusions, as this is not standard. The breakfast was very nice. Immaculate full service restaurant with a friendly staff. Fare includes complete hot and cold buffet, featuring made- to- order Belgian Waffles with a variety of fresh fruits and spreads.

Staff was always happy to accomodate all of our requests and did so promptly and with a smile. Upon check out , I was billed exactly what I was quoted ($120.99 per night). Good value for my money. I intend to return.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank gypsygulia
Reviewed 31 October 2006

My husband and I decided to visit Lancaster for our 2nd anniversary and stayed at Park Plaza. I was a little skeptical based on the reviews I read, but thank goodness we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was very clean and the bed was so comfortable! The hotel did not appear to be very full, but everyone was very nice especially the young woman and man at the front desk. They were very helpful and gave us great directions. The only things we were not very happy with were the sink in the bathroom and the breakfast buffet. The sink in the bathroom was not dirty, but it seemed to be pretty old. The food on the breakfast buffet was cold and the milk was sitting on top of the ice, so it was not very cold.

All this to say, our stay was nice and we look forward to staying there again, but we will not eat at the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mamasgurl
Reviewed 23 July 2006

Due to a terrible experience at a 3-star hotel a day before arriving at the Park Plaza, we were really anticipating a terrible stay at the 2-star Park plaza. We were very happy to be wrong. Don't get me wrong, there are some problems.....they need to complete the upgrade of the hotel, but we had a clean room, and a wondering full breakfast at the hotel restaurant.

I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with friends
5  Thank Anastasia12
Reviewed 17 July 2006

I think some of the reveiwers have to remember you are not staying at the Four Seasons Lancaster <smirk>. The hotel was just fine for what it was - for us a $99/night weekend stay just outsdie Lancaster (wedding). I read some of the complains about dirty/worn bathrooms and such, our room was clean and the tiling in the bathroom and shower was new. I believe there was renovations going on although we didn't see it (sign at the desk mentioned it). If you looked hard you could see wear at sink joints and such, and the only reason I really looked was because it was in my mind from previous reviews. Staff friendly, especially the front desk and restaurant (had breakfast there).

The one thing my wife and I did not like was the bar is extremely smoky. Coming from CT, where it is banned, we are not used to heavy cigarette smoke, and the bar there is very heavy - it gets through the double doors and leaks into the lobby too. No problem if that's your thing, but if you hate smoke do not count on having a drink at the bar on a busy night.

• Stayed: July 2006
6  Thank ctwino
Reviewed 9 June 2006

Our room was clean but there is clearly evidence that it is an older hotel. Unfortunately, as soon as we got to our room, we found the toilet didn't work. We were quickly given another room. Oddly, we couldn't get extra pillows and the pillows were very squishy. The lobby is loud due to a lounge area with live acts on the weekend. The restaurant had a decent salad bar with a nice menu. This hotel is located on the west side of Lancaster city proper so it is a bit out of the way in terms of the attractions.

Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank NJFoodLover
Reviewed 11 April 2006

I was co-in charge of a church group that stayed in this hotel in July 2005. We found the hotel fulfilled our needs. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was okay. The halls were a little too long when trying to find the breakfast area and the exit to get to our bus. I booked this hotel for a second stay in April 2006 for our church group. I reserved 25 rooms. However, this time we did not get enough people interested in the trip to go. I canceled our reservations 28 days in advance. When I notified the sales department, I asked if we would get our $500.00 deposit back. The answer was no. I was told the deadline was 45 days in advance. No where in my contract was it stated that you would forfeit your deposit if you canceled your room reservation after 45 days. When I pointed this out to the director of sales, her reply was that this was hotel policy.

I thought about this for several days and decided to call the general manager of the hotel. After leaving 3 messages, he called me back. He stated that the cancellation policy was 30 days, but he would see what he could do as we missed the deadline by only 2 days and we are a church group, not a business. I never heard from him again. I called back a week later and talked with the NEW general manager who just so happens to be the OLD director of sales. Same answer NO. Her original excuse was the hotel would loose money because the 25 rooms would be empty. I checked with reservations and all but 2 of the 25 rooms were booked. They have not lost money. They have made an extra $500.00. (We had also booked another hotel in Gettysburg, PA and they had no problem with canceling our reservation.)

My advise to anyone trying to book a hotel for a group, make sure you UNDERSTAND their cancellation policy and get it in WRITING. Don't make a $500.00 mistake like I did. (The name of this hotel has been changed to Park Plaza Lancaster.)

• Stayed: July 2005