“nice motel but sometimes with noisy groups”
Review of Heritage Hotel

Heritage Hotel
Ranked #21 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 6 September 2008

We thought that a 166 room motel in Lancaster sounded a bit large, but we didn't realize how much it depends on bus groups and student groups to help fill those rooms, at least on the Labor Day weekend when we stayed there. The bus groups are generally older guests, and they are fine, but the student groups acted like they had never stayed in a motel before. They ran up and down the very long hallways at all hours and blocked our way walking down the hall. They also hung out in the entranceways, in front of elevators, and other public areas.

Otherwise the motel was perfectly fine. The rooms were nicely decorated, the beds and sitting chair were comfortable, and the TV and refrigerator were large and useful. It's a bit above average quality.

The motel has room service and a reasonable priced restaurant. For the price, the Heritage Hotel is a good value. The staff needs to set some guidelines for the behavior of their guests, but I would still recommend this motel.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Dutch Brother

Reviewed 5 November 2007

We stayed one night in this hotel. The hotel itself was very nice - rooms were clean and the linens were upscale for a 2 star hotel. All the front desk people were very friendly ! This hotel has a lounge where we had live music last saturday till 1:30 a.m. in the morning. So, that was great. There is a restaurant at this hotel where breakfast was all you can eat buffet for 8 bucks.

The only thing I noticed was that this place isn't for youngsters. The people around were mostly in their 60s and above. The live music was also pertained towards them. So, if you are a young couple - this may not be a place for you but then if you are in lancaster, I think this is expected.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank moo_cow18
Reviewed 4 September 2007

The hotel was about 15 minutes away from our main destination, Dutch Wonderland. It was a straight shot, so it was virtually painless. It is well worth it...

The hotel has undergone recent renovations and was tastefully decorated. The staff were professional and friendly. Luckily, I had made reservations in advance, as they were booked early in the evening. Upon check in, I inspected the room before settling into it (as I always do) It was clean and comfortable. The only concern I had was that it was on the end of the west wing and with children we wanted to be more centrally located. No problem..the staff readily gave me choice of the remaining 3 rooms.

My room included complimentary breakfast for all occupants, as I booked through Lancaster Tourism Office. Check your inclusions, as this is not standard. The breakfast was very nice. Immaculate full service restaurant with a friendly staff. Fare includes complete hot and cold buffet, featuring made- to- order Belgian Waffles with a variety of fresh fruits and spreads.

Staff was always happy to accomodate all of our requests and did so promptly and with a smile. Upon check out , I was billed exactly what I was quoted ($120.99 per night). Good value for my money. I intend to return.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank gypsygulia
Reviewed 31 October 2006

My husband and I decided to visit Lancaster for our 2nd anniversary and stayed at Park Plaza. I was a little skeptical based on the reviews I read, but thank goodness we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was very clean and the bed was so comfortable! The hotel did not appear to be very full, but everyone was very nice especially the young woman and man at the front desk. They were very helpful and gave us great directions. The only things we were not very happy with were the sink in the bathroom and the breakfast buffet. The sink in the bathroom was not dirty, but it seemed to be pretty old. The food on the breakfast buffet was cold and the milk was sitting on top of the ice, so it was not very cold.

All this to say, our stay was nice and we look forward to staying there again, but we will not eat at the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mamasgurl
Reviewed 23 July 2006

Due to a terrible experience at a 3-star hotel a day before arriving at the Park Plaza, we were really anticipating a terrible stay at the 2-star Park plaza. We were very happy to be wrong. Don't get me wrong, there are some problems.....they need to complete the upgrade of the hotel, but we had a clean room, and a wondering full breakfast at the hotel restaurant.

I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with friends
5  Thank Anastasia12
Reviewed 17 July 2006

I think some of the reveiwers have to remember you are not staying at the Four Seasons Lancaster <smirk>. The hotel was just fine for what it was - for us a $99/night weekend stay just outsdie Lancaster (wedding). I read some of the complains about dirty/worn bathrooms and such, our room was clean and the tiling in the bathroom and shower was new. I believe there was renovations going on although we didn't see it (sign at the desk mentioned it). If you looked hard you could see wear at sink joints and such, and the only reason I really looked was because it was in my mind from previous reviews. Staff friendly, especially the front desk and restaurant (had breakfast there).

The one thing my wife and I did not like was the bar is extremely smoky. Coming from CT, where it is banned, we are not used to heavy cigarette smoke, and the bar there is very heavy - it gets through the double doors and leaks into the lobby too. No problem if that's your thing, but if you hate smoke do not count on having a drink at the bar on a busy night.

• Stayed: July 2006
6  Thank ctwino
Reviewed 9 June 2006

Our room was clean but there is clearly evidence that it is an older hotel. Unfortunately, as soon as we got to our room, we found the toilet didn't work. We were quickly given another room. Oddly, we couldn't get extra pillows and the pillows were very squishy. The lobby is loud due to a lounge area with live acts on the weekend. The restaurant had a decent salad bar with a nice menu. This hotel is located on the west side of Lancaster city proper so it is a bit out of the way in terms of the attractions.

Stayed: May 2006