“Enjoyable”

and 1 more site!
Continental Inn
Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I must say I was a little nervous about staying here, however I enjoyed my stay very much. The staff were great and vert helpful. The rooms are older however they are clean. I did pull back the blankets on my bed but found no stains or bugs. YAH!!!. The wifif was very fast and the tv had a lot of channels to pick from. So please give this little old hotel a try. It is worth that for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Dru H
There are newer reviews for Continental Inn

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

After reading several negative reviews about this hotel I was apprehensive about not staying there. However, when we got there my husband and I were pleasantly surprised the room is old old furniture it's an older hotel but the room was very clean. The hotel customer service was wonderful can't really ask for much more for a weekend getaway very inexpensive paid $300 for two nights for two people this price included a free dinner for both of us at the hotel,free breakfast buffet for both nights, and a tour of the Amish Village. Can't ask for much more. If your expecting luxury then no this wouldn't be the hotel for you but if you're just looking for a quick weekend getaway for couples or even for families the hotel does offer an indoor pool and it's just fine, In my opinion that is.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DKD d
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My family visited during peak season . The location was great. Close to attractions and shopping. The motel needs a lot of up dates. The door lock was broken on our room and we had to wait for someone to fix our door before we were able to get in. The breakfast was really good . It was fresh and the wait staff was very nice. there are so many newer places to stay that I don't think we will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank nschuder
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Our family has been coming to Continental Inn for the past 9 years. This is our Lancaster vacation spot. , its so close to everything, shopping, across the road,close to all kinds of restaurants,next to Dutch Wonderland. Very secure parking. Indoor & outdoor pools ,tennis courts,basketball court ,,large outdoor lawn mmany tables and chairs., Free freshly prepared breakfasts, , very courteous staff, very accomodating housekeeping crew, if you need anything ,they are always prompt in supplying your needs.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the outdoor pool, like 100 & up
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank norman s
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed here last week while visiting AMT. Not a bad low price hotel. Far from sparkling clean.
But not crazy dirty either. Our room was ok. bed was ok. Bathroom was clean but dirty looking.
I think because it's old. TV with DVD player. Air , fridge.
Pool was GREAT, hot tub GREAT, sauna GREAT. Breakfast was nice for being free.
Playground for kids, tennis, volleyball and badminton courts and basketball courts
Check in in the afternoon was good, checkout was ok , told girl about dirty room did not seem to care or maybe heard it numerous times before. All staff seem ok but maybe over worked under paid. Look to be an American Hotel run by American people and not the Indian families trying to cut cost.
If you need a cheap room, may be the place. Rooms seem to be facing outside and no elevator. Plenty of parking, close to outlets and Dutch Wonderland across the driveway.
This is an average hotel but very nice indoor pool area even with suntan lamps.
Wife had a good sleep. Down side bar closes early 10pm during week.
If you are looking to complain don't bother staying but other give it a chance. AAA discount.

Room Tip: AAA discount - if you like to swim pay the extra $10.00 to get pool side.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lancaster4luvers
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We've passed this place a lot. So we finally decided to book out of convince, being that's shared a parking lot with Dutch Wonderland! Was very disappointed!! It was terribly out dated to say the least. My box spring was covered in I don't know what? Wall paper falling off walls, no safe in room. The indoor pool was a long walk out doors! There was only one ice machine for the whole place and again so far away! The concept of the suite was nice the kids had their own room and bathroom. But I can honestly say I would not stay there again. And the stairs to get to the suite was ridiculous, no elevator.. And it wasn't even that much cheaper than the nicer, cleaner more updated hotels!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ann B
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The room was awful. The floor was unvacuumed, the beds had very old bedding and it was just gross. There was a used band-aid under the sheets in one bed. There were bugs on the floor that I could not identify; I just smashed them with my shoe because my daughter was screaming, totally freaked out. The beds were lumpy and extremely uncomfortable. The pools were nice, the outdoor area was nice, the "complimentary" breakfast was complimentary for only two of four guests, so if there are more than two of you in the group, be prepared to pay extra.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family