“Good service”

Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Baltimore, MD
“Good service”
Reviewed 12 March 2010

The best thing is the location if you are going to Dutch Wonderland as it is a walk across the parking lot. It is a decent place but nothing special.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank verrine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Philadelphia
Reviewed 8 January 2010

I have to say that, unlike some of the other reviews, we found the front desk staff to be very friendly. The room was typical for what you'd expect for a very basic hotel. It appeared clean enough, we immediately stripped the bed of the spreads, as I KNOW hotels only was those every blue moon. The next day, on the way home, we both were itching like mad. My boyfriend had bites all over his back and I had them on my back and legs. It has been over a week and we're still not completely healed up. Fleas? Bedbugs? Mites? I don't know, but I do know that we should have been tipped off by the complimentary fly swatter in each room. IF we had left there not itching off layers of bumpy skin, I would say it wasn't a bad hotel for the price...but....

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheWayouts
AVONGROVE
Reviewed 3 January 2010

great place for the price. no frills room, bed , ai / heat - tv, refridge, shower. hadindoor / outdoor pool with sauna. We did not use. young girl at dest was slight lazy and rude but seem uneducated to be work in this position maybe new job. 2 ladies working the night before were very helpful and nice. resturant and lounge staff were nice and helpful. very nice breakfast. went to new year eve party. great great great! over 160 people, jacket tie party. great deal for the money young to older crowd all mixing having a great time. lenny the dj had us dancing all night. met nice couple to hang out with back at the hotel after the party ove. mix crowd 21 to 75. room was clean, shower, sink clean, toilet clean, bed carpet clean. it's an old hotelbut good price . if you used to staying in a fancy hotel don't bother. you will only find faults. if you like spending less money this is your place to stay. nice for young families taking a trip to INTERCOURSE, HERSHEY , BLUE BALLl and AND LANCASTER. FAMOUS DUTCH WONDERLAND right next door. minutes from outlet and Sight and Sound. Famous Tony Wangs down the street. Kendig Square down the road.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CHERRIMARY
Philadelphia
Reviewed 31 October 2009

Before arriving at the Continental, I was somewhat intimidated by these reviews, but my friend had already made a reservation here, so I obliged. PLEASE DON'T LISTEN TO THESE NEGATIVE REVIEWS. We had an outstanding experience at the Continental from the time of check-in when we were offered several different rooms to best meet our walking challenges. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious, both the hot buffet and one morning we were able to order off the menu because the buffet had already been cleared. All the staff was warm and helpful. The location was terrific, right on Route 30, yet the hotel is set back so that it was very quiet. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank PhiladelphiaSamantha
NJ
Reviewed 26 July 2009

My family and I have been to Lancaster before. Previously we had stayed at the Hershey Farms Inn which is amazing but decided to try another hotel just for kicks. It was myself, my husband, his parents and our three young children. Online we thought this hotel would be perfect with the playground, pools and gameroom. We booked a family suite which we were told was a large living area with a private bedroom and two bathrooms. We thought our room would be in the same building that the guest rooms were in just on the top floor (the girl told us we were on the second floor) and that we would be able to just walk out our door and be right outside with a view to the playround/pool area just as it shows online. HUGE disappointment! Our "suite" was in the lobby building away from everything and was actually two guests rooms!!!! One guest room had the beds removed and two pull out couches thrown in and the other room was a typical guest room! There was no suite. This is not what we wanted to pay $250 to $350 a night for. Here start the problems...As soon as we got there, the coffee pots were broken. One of the blankets had gash marks in it. We had to call to have it replaced. Our "suite" was facing major traffic and we got to hear tractor trailers all day/night. The pull out couch mattresses were at least 30 years old and one had to be replaced due to large brown/red stains. This was just within the first 3 hours!! They don't tell you that the game room is about 4-6 old games and a pool table that you have to pay for. They also don't tell you that the restaurant is only open certain times and that they will only do the free breakfast buffet if " we have enough guests". Those were the front desk staff words. To get to the pool area/playground area (which was nice I admit) my kids and I had to walk down a large flight of winding stairs in the middle of the lobby...through the main building...out the side door and around the other building that houses the regular guest rooms. Now, the regular guest rooms look nice and it would have been great if we were to stay in one of those. The breakfast was supposed to be a great buffet and we were soo disappointed. If you want to see a buffet, eat at Hershey Farm Inn....This buffet was horrible and the waitress took it upon herself to add 50% gratuity to our bill because I guess she thought she could pull a fast one...all she did was wipe down a seat that had jelly stuck to it before my son sat down and told us to help ourselves. I had the pleasure to meet the owner when he stopped in b/c I had said to someone "check your room"...He then came up to me and proceeded to tell me that every hotel has things that are broken and it doesnt matter what is wrong...as long as his team fixes it I should be okay with that. I couldn't really understand much of what he was saying and I couldnt place his accent but he threatened to kick me out of the hotel if I talk to anyone else...he then pulled away in some extavagant sports car that was parked next to a broken front column of the building. Nice huh? Oh and my father in law was talking to an employee there that told him that he is told to fix whatever is wrong the cheapest way he can...to take shortcuts to save the hotel money!!! Just make it look nice!!!! This hotel looks great online but DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank kmonte3
Rockville centre
Reviewed 19 July 2009

The rooms were old, and poorly manitained. The food was below average.
And the wait staff unkept, slow, rude. It was a difficulty to get a coffee cup from the waitress. The woman managing the restaurant obviously has no interetest in pleasing customers. I would never stay there again. Lancaster is a nice place and the location next to Dutch Wonderland does not make up for the downside. Spend a few bucks more and stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Ckell03
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 June 2009

We just returned from an overnight stay at the hotel. Of course when you read bad reviews, your skeptical but regardless, we gave it a try.I am glad we did too. I stayed with my three young children and my friends small child. We had a family suite. There is NOTHING we would have changed.
The room was extremely clean, not really outdated, well maintained. The beds are comfortable with plenty of pillows, along with great bath towels, not cheesy ones.
The complimentary full hot breakfast that is included is delicious and plentiful. Very nice dining area.
As things for the kids, there is a great game room, an indoor pool and outdoor pool. A small playground and some other outdoor games. The outdoor pool is great with the fountain in a seperate kiddie pool and a larger pool for us big kids.
The indoor pool was clean, well maintained and the kids enjoyed it so much.There is also a hot tub there. No odor and very clean.
Not to mention, walking through the parking lot, and your in Dutch Wonderland.Really........what more could you ask for? My daughter wanted to stay there"forever".

The dining room staff was great.Very friendly and attentive.
The front desk person.."Matt" is a gem. He is an asset to this place. We never dealt with any "rude" females. He is very attentive as well and doesn't miss a beat. From the minute we checked and to the minute we checked out he was extremely professional, courteous, and friendly......again..what more could you ask for.
Over the years, I have stayed at MANY, not several, hotels from dives to the more expensive places here in Lancaster, we decided to try this place because of the kids and it had everything you could possibly need and more and will now return again, NO DOUBT!!!..you won't be sorry, so give it a try.

I was 100 percent satisfied with our stay. Its too bad others weren't.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family