“WORST HOTEL OF A LIFETIME -”
Review of Continental Inn

Continental Inn
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Woodridge, New York
“WORST HOTEL OF A LIFETIME -”
Reviewed 19 July 2010

This is by far the absolute worst place on earth. You would be better off sleeping outside, it would be cleaner and safer (somehow). There are more bugs in the disgusting thing they call a room than outside. There are killed bug stains on the walls and dirty filthy bathrooms. You could not pay me any money to ever stay there. My family of four along with extended family of 5 all went for a four nite stay and we were horrified. I felt like I was on a movie set, a horror movie at best. We could not stay and demanded our money back and left. Just utterly dirty disgusting horrible. I don't understand how they can even be allowed to stay opened, doesnt the health dept. even inspect this place. Get yourself a nice cardbaord box and sleep in a parking lot, it would be that much nicer and cleaner. DISGUSTING AND SHAMEFUL that we had to even live this.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank surfside13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Maspeth, New York
Reviewed 28 June 2010

My family stayed at the Continental Inn for 2 nights. After reading some of the reviews here, I was worried...but all my fears were unfounded! The girls at the front desk were all lovely and our room was really nice. It had a flat screen tv and an HD DVD player in the room! A buffet breakfast with someone to make omlets was included in the stay. Tennis courts, a basketball court, a volleyball court and a shuffleboard court was on the grounds too. An indoor pool with hot tub and sauna was really nice, they also had an outdoor pool. This place is more like a resort at a great price...we even booked for another weekend in July before we left!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank darlin869
Commack, New York
Reviewed 25 June 2010

We stayed at the Continental Inn for a quick getaway to Dutch Wonderland and had a great stay at the Continental Inn. The Service Was Great and the Facility was really nice. The Buildings themselves are a bit dated, but the room was very clean, and they had a great pool and playground to keep the kids busy.

The rate also includes a free breakfast, which is a great perk, and the restaurant had good quality food and was great at accomodating my Family of Six. We had to cut our planned 2-Day Stay down to one day, and left around 7:30 PM on the second night. I called the front-desk, and they were very nice and gave us a 50% discount on the second night we didn't stay. I certainly wasn't expecting this, but it's a testament to the nice people who run the facility!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank mthomas38
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 12 March 2010

The best thing is the location if you are going to Dutch Wonderland as it is a walk across the parking lot. It is a decent place but nothing special.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank verrine
Philadelphia
Reviewed 8 January 2010

I have to say that, unlike some of the other reviews, we found the front desk staff to be very friendly. The room was typical for what you'd expect for a very basic hotel. It appeared clean enough, we immediately stripped the bed of the spreads, as I KNOW hotels only was those every blue moon. The next day, on the way home, we both were itching like mad. My boyfriend had bites all over his back and I had them on my back and legs. It has been over a week and we're still not completely healed up. Fleas? Bedbugs? Mites? I don't know, but I do know that we should have been tipped off by the complimentary fly swatter in each room. IF we had left there not itching off layers of bumpy skin, I would say it wasn't a bad hotel for the price...but....

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheWayouts
AVONGROVE
Reviewed 3 January 2010

great place for the price. no frills room, bed , ai / heat - tv, refridge, shower. hadindoor / outdoor pool with sauna. We did not use. young girl at dest was slight lazy and rude but seem uneducated to be work in this position maybe new job. 2 ladies working the night before were very helpful and nice. resturant and lounge staff were nice and helpful. very nice breakfast. went to new year eve party. great great great! over 160 people, jacket tie party. great deal for the money young to older crowd all mixing having a great time. lenny the dj had us dancing all night. met nice couple to hang out with back at the hotel after the party ove. mix crowd 21 to 75. room was clean, shower, sink clean, toilet clean, bed carpet clean. it's an old hotelbut good price . if you used to staying in a fancy hotel don't bother. you will only find faults. if you like spending less money this is your place to stay. nice for young families taking a trip to INTERCOURSE, HERSHEY , BLUE BALLl and AND LANCASTER. FAMOUS DUTCH WONDERLAND right next door. minutes from outlet and Sight and Sound. Famous Tony Wangs down the street. Kendig Square down the road.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CHERRIMARY
Philadelphia
Reviewed 31 October 2009

Before arriving at the Continental, I was somewhat intimidated by these reviews, but my friend had already made a reservation here, so I obliged. PLEASE DON'T LISTEN TO THESE NEGATIVE REVIEWS. We had an outstanding experience at the Continental from the time of check-in when we were offered several different rooms to best meet our walking challenges. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious, both the hot buffet and one morning we were able to order off the menu because the buffet had already been cleared. All the staff was warm and helpful. The location was terrific, right on Route 30, yet the hotel is set back so that it was very quiet. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business