“The Best Value in The Area, Hands Down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Continental Inn

Continental Inn
Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Southern New Jersey
“The Best Value in The Area, Hands Down!”
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Lets face it, if your staying in this area, your here for Dutch Wonderland, Shopping or Good Food. I doubt your looking for a resort. Your looking for a clean, decent room and this is what you get at this establishment.
This place is clean, the help treats you like family, you get a free breakfast, a real breakfast, and they have both an outdoor and indoor pool.
We are repeat visitors and each visit our room is clean, the beds are comfortable, and the maid staff is exellent.
Bottom line if you need to spend $250+ a night then this is not your place, but..if you would rather have the extra hundred a day for shopping then this is your place.

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank skeetman33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Waldwick, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Went to visit Dutch Wonderland with my granddaughter. Last time I was there was about 15 years ago with my own children. Back then we stayed at the Continental Inn. It was a blast to go back there. There had been few improvements since 15 years ago. The indoor pool is still a definite plus especially being open until 10 p.m. but the tiles are falling off the pool and the walls look like they haven't been painted since we were there 15 years ago. The rooms definitely need to be painted and the cob webs need to be removed but I must say the linens smelled clean. The staff is very friendly and the free breakfast was very very good. The staff in the dining room were extremely warm and friendly and very eager to please their guests. They have added a playground set-up and the kiddie pool outside has been updated since 15 years ago. A warm and friendly atmosphere but the rooms definitely need a clean-up. All in all, I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Pattie723
maryland
Reviewed 5 September 2010

My husband and I took my two nieces (5 and 2 yrs old) to Dutch Wonderland in early August and needed a place for one night. We decided to stay at the Continental Inn because it is very close to DW and the price wasn't too bad. The staff was very friendly and the check in/out process was quick and easy. The indoor pool was really nice. So nice, in fact, that my nieces and I decided to get in with our clothes on so we didn't have to waste time changing into our bathing suits. (It was getting late and the pool was going to be closing soon and we didn't want to miss the chance to get in.) For the short amount of time that we were in it, we had a lovely time. The room itself was a good size but you can tell it is an older hotel. The carpets were not very clean nor were the tiles on the bathroom floor. I had requested a non smoking room and surprisingly was given just that. The beds were very uncomfortable to me - mostly because they are older and they were sagging. There was a playground right outside of room which was nice for the kids, because while I was getting our stuff packed up in the morning, my husband took the kids out and let them play. They had a nice time. There is a restaurant on site but we didn't have time to try it on this trip. In our room, there was a mini fridge, a flat screen TV and a table with 2 chairs. It was a good size room with 2 double beds. Great location if you are going to DW, Sight and Sound, American Music Theater or for shopping. Also, good restaurants in the area – Texas Roadhouse, Applebee’s and Cracker Barrel to name a few. Overall, it was a decent hotel but it is older and could use some updating. If you stay here, don't go in with real high expectations and you won't be disappointed. I'd stay here again if the price was right and if I wasn't staying for too long.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank beelacat
Tamaqua, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Do not listen to people that put the Hotel down. We were their this past weekend . Room was clean water in both pools were warm not cold.Great Complimentry Breakfast. Evens dinner was good. Freindly people. I was their almost 23 years ago. If anythying it has gotten better. The surrounding area is groing more.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hoslermary
Woodridge, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2010

This is by far the absolute worst place on earth. You would be better off sleeping outside, it would be cleaner and safer (somehow). There are more bugs in the disgusting thing they call a room than outside. There are killed bug stains on the walls and dirty filthy bathrooms. You could not pay me any money to ever stay there. My family of four along with extended family of 5 all went for a four nite stay and we were horrified. I felt like I was on a movie set, a horror movie at best. We could not stay and demanded our money back and left. Just utterly dirty disgusting horrible. I don't understand how they can even be allowed to stay opened, doesnt the health dept. even inspect this place. Get yourself a nice cardbaord box and sleep in a parking lot, it would be that much nicer and cleaner. DISGUSTING AND SHAMEFUL that we had to even live this.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank surfside13
Maspeth, New York
Reviewed 28 June 2010

My family stayed at the Continental Inn for 2 nights. After reading some of the reviews here, I was worried...but all my fears were unfounded! The girls at the front desk were all lovely and our room was really nice. It had a flat screen tv and an HD DVD player in the room! A buffet breakfast with someone to make omlets was included in the stay. Tennis courts, a basketball court, a volleyball court and a shuffleboard court was on the grounds too. An indoor pool with hot tub and sauna was really nice, they also had an outdoor pool. This place is more like a resort at a great price...we even booked for another weekend in July before we left!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank darlin869
Commack, New York
Reviewed 25 June 2010

We stayed at the Continental Inn for a quick getaway to Dutch Wonderland and had a great stay at the Continental Inn. The Service Was Great and the Facility was really nice. The Buildings themselves are a bit dated, but the room was very clean, and they had a great pool and playground to keep the kids busy.

The rate also includes a free breakfast, which is a great perk, and the restaurant had good quality food and was great at accomodating my Family of Six. We had to cut our planned 2-Day Stay down to one day, and left around 7:30 PM on the second night. I called the front-desk, and they were very nice and gave us a 50% discount on the second night we didn't stay. I certainly wasn't expecting this, but it's a testament to the nice people who run the facility!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family