“TERRIBLE BEWARE!”

Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
New York City, New York
“TERRIBLE BEWARE!”
Reviewed 24 August 2010

IT was really bad! Please I am warning you don't go. First when we got into the room there were several flies flying around, then I found a bottle of lube(lubrication) on the floor!! talk about bad cleaning I know people have sex in these places but gosh I want to know that they at least clean the place after. The room was not clean and there was no Iron or hairdryer. The hall way had bugs everywhere some as long as 4-5 inches(NO JOKE). The only good thing was that it was a good location that was near the Amish villages, theaters, attractions, and the outlets/shops. IT WAS JUST HORRIFIC! but it wasn't expensive I guess so what can you expect.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 23 August 2010

a little scary from the outside, room was renovated and actaully very nice. For a short stay it's perfect. Seems like they are renovating from the inside out. resonable prices. would stay there again. did not eat there or swim. right next to Texas Roadhouse, Applebees and other restaurants (walking distance)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lacikc
Central PA
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We recently stayed here as a stop-over on our way to the beach. There are several wholesale stores in the area so I decided to kill two birds with one stone. I checked out several places in the area and this was the cheapest and that was my deciding factor (we were only staying one night). I was not expecting anything fancy at all. The person at the front desk was extremely friendly. Our room was clean (despite other reviews here) and recently renovated. We have a 2 year old and I was nervous if he would get any sleep since the hotel is right next to route 30. We didn't hear any highway noise all night. The room was on the small side, but for a short stay it wasn't a problem. There was a kind of perfume-y smell to the whole place, which I have smelled in other hotels. I attribute this to the cleaners they use on the carpets or something to that extent.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank JoKur6207
glendora, nj
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We have traveled and stayed in many of lancaster hotels and Motels. On this recent trip we thought that we should try something different and the price was sure a lure. Never AGAIN!!! We where met with a nasty mildew smell. It was DIRTY and in need of some better housekeeping...Our bathroom door did not close and the same for our friends in there room. The dirt was everywhere, and did I mention the STINK? Wait, there is more. Our Friends found PUBIC hair on the pillow that where not clean!! We also caught and took to the office some critters that we found in our room...We went and complained to the office and where met with total indifference. We demanded a refund and where simply told, no your beat. We quickly packed our cars and called for rooms at another hotel. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank hope57

Travellers are raving about these Lancaster hotels

Millville, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 March 2010

We visited Lancaster for the shopping over President's day weekend. We needed just a no frills place to crash for the night so we chose the rodeway inn italian villa. Do NOT let the name Italian Villa or even the word inn confuse you, it's a SEEDY MOTEL! The only good thing was the price. Check-in took at least 20 minutes. The lobby smelled musty, like there was water and mold somewhere in the building. The lobby was nice and warm, but that's where the heat stops. We opened the door to the hallway and were blasted with frigid air. I guess they don't heat the hallway to save money? We arrived at our room, walked in, and as my husband was commenting on how the room was freezing as well I could see his breath! I turned the heat on right away but barely any air was coming out. The room also had the same smell as the lobby, the wallpaper was peeling, there were dead bugs behind the night stand, the fridge made loud noises, and it just looked overall run down. The beds were stiff as a board with no extra blankets or pillows. Their website advertises renovated rooms but I guess those are the ones upstairs, not where we stayed! It was a blast from the past! The tv was even so old that we could barely view a program through the snowy picture. We decided to blast the heat and head out shopping again for a bit so it would be warm when we came back. Two hours later it was the same temperature. We asked the woman at the front desk to move and fist she came and checked our heater because she assumed we were stupid and had it set on fan. When she realized we were not stupid, instead of moving us upstairs, she moved us to the room next door. Same thing, We left the heat on, went to a movie, and when we came back it was freezing. The front desk called to see if we were warm yet. My husband told her it was still freezing and asked if there were any rooms available that were pre-heated. She said no, have a good night, and hung up. Why even call if you can't help me? My daughter had to sleep in her jeans and sweater she had been wearing all day since her PJs would not have been warm enough. It was so musty smelling in there that I was completely turned off to using the showe. The only person who used it was my daughter and she said that the water was barely coming out of the shower head. I COULD NOT WAIT TO GET OUT OF THERE! It is close to everything in Lancaster and inexpensive, but I would have paid large sums of money to get the heck out of there and into another hotel that night! Not worth it to me.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsTirrell
Morganton, NC
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Check-in was expedient; the room was clean and bed was comfortable; no unusual or musty odors for a hotel that apppears to be pretty old. Location was great-close to the attractions we were looking for. My husband and mohter liked it best vecause of the cost and convenience. We had more money to spend on other things rather than a place to sleep. The only negative thing i can say is that the continental breakfast could have been better-OJ didn't taste like OJ.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mizrk
brooklyn, ny
Reviewed 14 July 2009

my husband and i stayed in the rodeway inn from june 21 thru july 1 2009 and were pleasantly surprised. we read the reviews from past guests and were not sure if we were doing the right thing, staying there. however!, all the rooms have been renovated, the place was clean, beds very comfortable, and the service was excellent. aside from all that, you can't beat the prices. i will definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple