“Clean” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We took a trip with our 3 kids . The hotel was great . It was clean and the staff was nice. We did have a problem with our tv but they took care of it right away. When they could not fix it they gave us a new room even nicer than before . The pool was clean and the kids had so much fun playing . I would defiantly recommend this hotel to any one .

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Nan N
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I'm also happy to hear that your family had a good time in the pool. Thank you for alerting us about the issue with your televison and giving us the opportunity to correct it for you during your stay to your satisfaction. We have been very busy this past year doing many improvements to the property. We still have more planned for the future. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

My granddaughter had her 10th birthdays party at the Budget Host Inn and Caribbean Water Park. They had a ball. We didn't have to worry about the weather and they could use the regular pool also. We ordered pizza and ate it up stairs and bought pop from the vending machine. When 9 o'clock came they were worn out. As they showered (we had the suite) an adult went through the drive through at McDonald's across the street. We had cupcakes and they were asleep.We adults had our own room which we loved. I would highly recommend this for a good get away for the family. We don't live in Lancaster so being able to spend the night was wonderful. The cost was not any more than going to Hershey Park! My Granddaughter wants to return next year. It was clean and the staff was great! I liked having warm towels at the park!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Peggy D
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I'm also happy to hear that your granddaughter and friends had a good time in the Caribbean Indoor Water Park, celebrating her 10th birthday. We have been very busy this past year doing many improvements to the property. We still have more planned for the future. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Philadelphia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I arrived 5 minutes prior to checkin, it was a young lady sitting outside on ground smoking a cigarette and on cell phone she asked me was I checking in I said yes, she then said I will be right in, well 10 minutes passed she was still outside, my husband came in to see what the holdup was I said I was waiting for her maybe it was her 15min break, 10 more minutes passed, a couple pulled up and were coming in when I heard them talking to her, they came in she then came in behind them(now I see that it was a racial thing-she then Tried to check them in like I haven't been waiting) she goes on to say oh they going to waterpark, needless to say that was not happening especially after 25mins. She checked me in for the 2 nights I booked, we were on 2nd level,the room was smelly,stuffy and not clean- trash had trash in it, bathroom was dirty, I went to desk and told her she acted unconcerned, nothing was done-my card was already charged so I had no choice but to stay but the next morning I checked out I didn't care if I was refunded or not but I got a small refund not the complete. I won't recommend to my worst enemy

Room Tip: No elevator so don't take a lot of luggage or kids with bags because you have to walk up stairs...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Cheryl E
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your last stay with us. We certainly would have liked to have the chance to correct any items you had a concern with during your stay, rather than hearing about them after your check out. We strive very hard to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. I'm sorry you felt we fell short this time, but I invite you to return to give us another chance. I look forward to having you stay with us again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

The Hotels is older and needs to be updated. But it is very clean. Every time we would come back to our room after a day of sightseeing the room would smell like bleach/clean. If you like fluffy/firm pillows, take your own. The pool water was on the cold side. But overall we had a good stay. Good stay for the price.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Idrawurblood
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We have been very busy this past year doing many improvements to the property. We still have more planned for the future. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Carpet was dirty. Door looked liked it was kicked in before and but was fixed with a metal ruler. Stains on the walls. I was scared to walk around the room without shoes. I would never stay in this hotel again. Dingy.

Oh, and at first we were given a key to someone else's room. We got another room with no problem. Service was helpful but it seemed like we were staying in a rat motel

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank lilangg313
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

The waterpark at this hotel was decent. For 12 bucks, it was a nice place to slide around and splash in the water. However, the hot tub was dirty along with all the water in the pools. The hotel was also not really a budget hotel. 130 for a night stay! The wingate hotel is 10 times nicer, cleaner, and cheaper. I would not recommend this hotel for your family or friends.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah M
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your last stay with us. We certainly would have liked to have the chance to correct any items you had a concern with during your stay, rather than hearing about them after your check out. We strive very hard to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. I'm sorry you felt we fell short this time, but I invite you to return to give us another chance. I'm glad to hear you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park. I look forward to having you stay with us again.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Worst place ever. First problem: did not have our reservation. Second problem: whole place smells horrible. Third problem: front desk doesn't answer phone. Fourth problem: front desk called at 1 am and asked me if I was smoking. When I went to lobby to complain clerk told me it could have been anyone and their staff would not have done that. I til him this was the worst hotel stay ever and was told " I'm sorry you feel that way". I was offered nothing more. Fifth problem: outside wall is wet and wall paper falling off. That may be the source of the smell (mold & mildew). Originally I thought who cares about reviews all I need is a bed. Boy was I wrong!!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your last stay with us. We strive very hard to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. After review of your information, it seems that you continued to stay with us, even after writing your review. Also, you were given a 3:00pm check out, at no charge, normally this would be a full day charge. I'm sorry you felt we fell short this time, but I invite you to return to give us another chance. I look forward to having you stay with us again.