“Happy visit to waterpark”

Budget Host Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Marlton, New Jersey
“Happy visit to waterpark”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We visited my brother in Lancaster. He booked our room at this hotel. It look like a Hojo but named budget host inn. The room was clean, the Waterpark was nice, however there was only coffee and muffins for breakfast. Over all ok.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank james847
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water. Please keep us in mind during your next trip to see your brother. Just to let you know, we will begin offering a free hot breakfast beginning in early 2014. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We had been out this hotel two years ago and decided to book there for the waterpark. Very very nice improvements since out last visit. The New Lobby look great ! Our room had 8 pillows with the new furniture, bed spreads, blankets, pictures, carpet, and the room smelled very clean. Upon check in they informed us that 2014 they are adding a fitness center and computer center with free high speed internet. Also there is going to be a new breakfast room in the hotel somewhere. I guess we will have to go back in the Spring again. Even the indoor pool look like they painted things and looked very attractive. The indoor waterpark nice and warm and enjoyed by our family. Enjoyable visit to the Lancaster area.

Room Tip: New Fitness center, computer center, breakfast room opening 2014 !
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jill D
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water. As you mentioned, we are about to open a fitness room and a business center. We will also begin offering a free hot breakfast beginning in early 2014. All our rooms have gotten new blankets and pillows, as well as an increase in the amount of pillows per bed. We have also recently updated our lobby. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We live only about an hour away from Lancaster so we booked the waterpark package at the Budget Host Inn & Suites hotel. Since it is getting cold outside we wanted to take the kids to an indoor waterpark. Great Wolf is further away and much more expensive. The Budget Host waterpark package was 4 passes to their Caribbean Indoor Waterpark and an overnight stay in the hotel. Our room was on the 1st floor only a few doors away from the waterpark entrance. The hotel itself has a pretty large heated indoor pool. In the lobby we saw a sign that they are adding a new exercise room and computer center. Also the front desk told us that their are going to have a new breakfast room with much more selection of food. Our room was very clean and modern looking. We did inform the housekeeping that our blanket was torn, other than that everything else was nice. The indoor waterpark was nice and the staff very polite, they even provided towels for our us. The shower were very clean and spacious. The pools and park was nicely heated even though it was only 35 degrees outside. We plan to go back over Christmas. We have not told the kids its going to be their Christmas Present !!!

Room Tip: They are adding a new fitness center and computer center. We saw it from the glass door and it look...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jeremy S
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water. As you mentioned, we are about to open a fitness room and a business center. We will also begin offering a free hot breakfast beginning in early 2014. We have also ordered new blankets and pillows for all our rooms. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Eldora, Iowa
Reviewed 22 October 2013

After my training in Baltimore, MD. I took a trip up to Lancaster, Pa. to visit an old friend. We met up at a Dunkin Donuts along a major highway 30. We had a nice time and my friend suggest I spend the night in the area and do shopping the next day. Right across the parking lot was the Budget Host Inn & Suites hotel. Went to the lobby and asked for the rates. Very affordable. Since I was in the area for the 1st time they upgraded me to their two bedroom suite. The room was beautiful. Plenty of space. Two bathrooms, two flat screen tvs, a coffee maker, microwave, lounge chair, sofa bed, business desk with a chair. It was a great room for the price. The shopping outlet stores were only a few blocks east of the hotel. They were easy to find. There was a shopping center next door to the hotel as well. A kmart, Burlington coat factory, mc donalds, red lobster, 5 guys burger, .... I definitely had an enjoyable trip east.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sally H
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear you and your friend had a good time catching up with each other. As you mentioned, we are centrally located to everything in Lancaster and are easily accessible to/from Route 30 via a traffic signal by our hotel. Our suites are perfect for traveling families, giving them 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and plenty of room to relax, I'm glad you had a great experience. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Pennsburg,PA
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Checked in Friday night, noticed pillows were flat as can be, called the desk asking for more pillows, was told that she had to check into it! An hour later I went to the desk for the pillows & was basically accused of already getting them & trying to get more! Didn't sleep all night, to quote my husband we would have been better of sleeping on the sidewalk as the beds were so hard! Next day took notice spiderwebs all over in the halls! Second night after midnight there was a party on our floor yelling & banging doors, called front desk who came & talked to the guests. Partying started right back up called desk at 2 am told them I was packing up & they were giving me my money back! As I'm packing they call & tell me that they talked to the party people again & if they don't stop they will give us another room! Told him who wants to move to another room at 2 am & if things don't stop I want money back! Of course he couldn't understand english at this point! As for the room, I'd be embarrassed to rent it to anyone, the wall paper is bubbling & peeling off! We didn't take soap & shampoo as most hotels supply it, not here! Oh I'm sorry you get a sliver of soap that I'm sure wouldn't last through one shower! I never went to check out water park because what I saw in the hotel didn't think the park could be anything! Staff was rude!

Room Tip: Never stay here!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your recent visit with us. I'm sorry that the guests near you where not kind enough to keep their noise level down. We can not control the actions of people, and ultimately, they should be the ones to be apologizing to you, but we did take steps to stop their noise level, as well as to offer to move you to another room, in which you declined. We strive very hard to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. I hope you will give us another chance to show that we can do better. I hope to see you again soon.
New Castle, Delaware
Reviewed 19 October 2013

After we spent two days in Harrisburg, Pa. we wanted to the see the Amish Country in Lancaster, Pa. As we came off the highway the kids saw the Budget Host Inn & Suites hotel on our right hand side. It was the big red and yellow slides coming our of the building that caught our daughter's eyes. We inquired and discovered that they had a waterpark package deal that included 4 passes to the Caribbean Indoor Waterpark and an over night stay in the hotel. I thought is was a good deal so we got registered and went to our room. The room was pretty big compare to our room in Harrisburg. The hotel had large indoor pool, but the indoor waterpark was the best. 4 pools. A wading pool with this big red bucket dumping thousands of gallons of water. The spa with an interesting waterpark, water was nice an hot. Our son loved the alligator crossing using the net that was attached above it. It was very nice, we never knew about this place but will definitely recommend it to our friends. Almost forgot the hotel was only a few blocks away from many 100 outlet stores. and a few miles away from the amish and their farms.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Missy G
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water. As you mentioned, we are centrally located to everything in Lancaster and are easily accessible to/from Route 30 via a traffic signal by our hotel. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Williamstown, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We checked in at around 6:30 pm and the hotel had misplaced our reservation even though we had confirmed by phone the night before and had a confirmation number. The front desk clerk offered to upgrade us for one night free of charge, but upon turning down the bed we discovered bed bugs crawling l over the pillows. Disgusting!! We left like a shot.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Stephen H
I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your recent visit with us. The items that you mentioned have been corrected and steps put in place to ensure they do not happen again. We strive very hard to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. I hope you will give us another chance to show that we can do better. I hope to see you again soon.