“Keeps getting better” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Keeps getting better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

This is my second time at this hotel this year and I like it even better than the last time. It's clear that the property is far from new but it's also clear that the management is putting a lot of effort into freshening it up. I think the people trashing this property are bothered by tiny things more than I am or have unrealistic expectations for a hotel with "budget" in it's name. Here is what I observed.

Pros: New carpet, paint and wallpaper in the hallways and my room. New bedding including four big, fluffy pillows per bed. The location can't be beat. The staff was super friendly.The price was well within our budget. A breakfast room and fitness center are being built. The water park is great! Not too big, not too small. The lifeguards are friendly. Thick, fluffy towels at the water park. The mattresses are nice and firm, which I like so I slept well. The climate control unit is an older model but still works fine and provides a steady, not too loud, back ground noise which I like when I sleep.

Cons: The water park towels are not allowed to be brought up to your room. The towels in the room are plentiful but thin. No tiny bottles of shampoo, coffee maker or microwave. The TV was an old model that had a slightly fuzzy picture. The night desk clerk and the day desk clerk told me different things about what to do with unused wrist bands that came with the package I bought. Walls are thin.

If old meand bad to you or if you are a very picky traveler, stay some where else, but the price, location and water park keep me coming back and the renovations and cleanliness will make me more excited to return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank bg68ec
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water. As you mentioned, we are about to open a fitness room and a business center. We will also begin offering a free hot breakfast beginning in early 2014. I'm glad you noticed the new pillows we just got, as well as new blankets. I am glad to see you were very satisfied with your stay and you have noticed the many improvements we have been busy completing. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

My work require me to be in Lancaster to bid on a job for a shopping center. The meeting was to be just a day but it required me to stay for 3 days. I checked into this hotel, it seem modern and requested a suite room since I needed to have the extra space for my meetings. The suite was very comfortable room. The business desk and the free high speed internet was just excellent. Enjoyed the flat screen tv and the coffee and microwave was nice to warm food in the evening. Nice stay. We did get the job and most likely will have all our employees stay at this hotel during the work in Lancaster.

Room Tip: The hotel is adding a new fitness center and breakfast room soon.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Larry G
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I'm glad you had a great experience. Congratulations to you and your company for receiving the job. We look forward to hosting you and your employees during the project. We also have meeting rooms available should you require that during this project. I look forward to seeing you and your employees soon!
Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We visited my brother in Lancaster. He booked our room at this hotel. It look like a Hojo but named budget host inn. The room was clean, the Waterpark was nice, however there was only coffee and muffins for breakfast. Over all ok.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank james847
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water. Please keep us in mind during your next trip to see your brother. Just to let you know, we will begin offering a free hot breakfast beginning in early 2014. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

We had been out this hotel two years ago and decided to book there for the waterpark. Very very nice improvements since out last visit. The New Lobby look great ! Our room had 8 pillows with the new furniture, bed spreads, blankets, pictures, carpet, and the room smelled very clean. Upon check in they informed us that 2014 they are adding a fitness center and computer center with free high speed internet. Also there is going to be a new breakfast room in the hotel somewhere. I guess we will have to go back in the Spring again. Even the indoor pool look like they painted things and looked very attractive. The indoor waterpark nice and warm and enjoyed by our family. Enjoyable visit to the Lancaster area.

Room Tip: New Fitness center, computer center, breakfast room opening 2014 !
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jill D
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water. As you mentioned, we are about to open a fitness room and a business center. We will also begin offering a free hot breakfast beginning in early 2014. All our rooms have gotten new blankets and pillows, as well as an increase in the amount of pillows per bed. We have also recently updated our lobby. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We live only about an hour away from Lancaster so we booked the waterpark package at the Budget Host Inn & Suites hotel. Since it is getting cold outside we wanted to take the kids to an indoor waterpark. Great Wolf is further away and much more expensive. The Budget Host waterpark package was 4 passes to their Caribbean Indoor Waterpark and an overnight stay in the hotel. Our room was on the 1st floor only a few doors away from the waterpark entrance. The hotel itself has a pretty large heated indoor pool. In the lobby we saw a sign that they are adding a new exercise room and computer center. Also the front desk told us that their are going to have a new breakfast room with much more selection of food. Our room was very clean and modern looking. We did inform the housekeeping that our blanket was torn, other than that everything else was nice. The indoor waterpark was nice and the staff very polite, they even provided towels for our us. The shower were very clean and spacious. The pools and park was nicely heated even though it was only 35 degrees outside. We plan to go back over Christmas. We have not told the kids its going to be their Christmas Present !!!

Room Tip: They are adding a new fitness center and computer center. We saw it from the glass door and it look...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jeremy S
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water. As you mentioned, we are about to open a fitness room and a business center. We will also begin offering a free hot breakfast beginning in early 2014. We have also ordered new blankets and pillows for all our rooms. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Eldora, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

After my training in Baltimore, MD. I took a trip up to Lancaster, Pa. to visit an old friend. We met up at a Dunkin Donuts along a major highway 30. We had a nice time and my friend suggest I spend the night in the area and do shopping the next day. Right across the parking lot was the Budget Host Inn & Suites hotel. Went to the lobby and asked for the rates. Very affordable. Since I was in the area for the 1st time they upgraded me to their two bedroom suite. The room was beautiful. Plenty of space. Two bathrooms, two flat screen tvs, a coffee maker, microwave, lounge chair, sofa bed, business desk with a chair. It was a great room for the price. The shopping outlet stores were only a few blocks east of the hotel. They were easy to find. There was a shopping center next door to the hotel as well. A kmart, Burlington coat factory, mc donalds, red lobster, 5 guys burger, .... I definitely had an enjoyable trip east.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sally H
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear you and your friend had a good time catching up with each other. As you mentioned, we are centrally located to everything in Lancaster and are easily accessible to/from Route 30 via a traffic signal by our hotel. Our suites are perfect for traveling families, giving them 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and plenty of room to relax, I'm glad you had a great experience. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Pennsburg,PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Checked in Friday night, noticed pillows were flat as can be, called the desk asking for more pillows, was told that she had to check into it! An hour later I went to the desk for the pillows & was basically accused of already getting them & trying to get more! Didn't sleep all night, to quote my husband we would have been better of sleeping on the sidewalk as the beds were so hard! Next day took notice spiderwebs all over in the halls! Second night after midnight there was a party on our floor yelling & banging doors, called front desk who came & talked to the guests. Partying started right back up called desk at 2 am told them I was packing up & they were giving me my money back! As I'm packing they call & tell me that they talked to the party people again & if they don't stop they will give us another room! Told him who wants to move to another room at 2 am & if things don't stop I want money back! Of course he couldn't understand english at this point! As for the room, I'd be embarrassed to rent it to anyone, the wall paper is bubbling & peeling off! We didn't take soap & shampoo as most hotels supply it, not here! Oh I'm sorry you get a sliver of soap that I'm sure wouldn't last through one shower! I never went to check out water park because what I saw in the hotel didn't think the park could be anything! Staff was rude!

Room Tip: Never stay here!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your recent visit with us. I'm sorry that the guests near you where not kind enough to keep their noise level down. We can not control the actions of people, and ultimately, they should be the ones to be apologizing to you, but we did take steps to stop their noise level, as well as to offer to move you to another room, in which you declined. We strive very hard to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. I hope you will give us another chance to show that we can do better. I hope to see you again soon.