“Great place to stay with great customer service....”

Budget Host Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Farmingdale, New York
“Great place to stay with great customer service....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This will be our family regular spot while staying in the Lancaster area. Hal the manager was very helpful and made us feel right at home. Rooms are very nice and clean. Pool was great. Very good free hot breakfast.

Room Tip: suite was perfect for large families
2 Thank MannyM69
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service to you and your family; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Germantown, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I get it - it's a fine place to stay when you are on a budget and you don't plan to be in your room or you want to enjoy the weekend at the "water park". However, there are so many things that could be done to increase the mere pleasantness of the stay. We were in town for an event at The Nook and this was the last available choice for the dates we needed. I did not purchase through The Nook as they only offered the single room so I opted to reserve the "suite" (2 adults and a child that plays elite level sports..1 bed and a pull-out is a bit tight and stinky for 3.5 days). This is simply two adjoining rooms - where only one has drawer space and neither has a closet (there is a section set apart for hanging items but no door). I appreciated the refrigerator in the room and it kept our items cold. However, common courtesy would be to have at the very least a single paper (maybe laminated) explaining when/where breakfast was served, how to work the lights and plugs (all the switches had to be in the on position), where the vending and ice machines are, the price and times for the pool, water park, and exercise facility location and times and perhaps some recommended restaurants/ outlet shopping near by. Yes, there were signs if your room was close to those areas, but again, I appreciate customer service. We checked in late Thursday and I availed myself of the coffee maker in the room on Friday morning. When I checked out on Monday the coffee filter still had not been taken care of or the coffee pods replaced. Thank goodness for the DD nearby. It is also difficult to drink coffee from the small plastic cups that were the only things provided (and also not replaced). It was also apparent that the shampoo bottle in one of the bathrooms had been used and not replenished before we arrived. Everyone who worked there that I would see in the halls was very polite and the location was easy to get to, I just would have appreciated a little more attention to detail and not making me "feel" like I was staying in a "budget" hostel (yes, it is more of a hostel than a hotel...).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. Please allow me to clarify a few things. For the latest tournament at Spooky Nook, we had rooms set aside in a room block specifically for the tournament. This block was about 95% filled, with a few rooms left. A call to Spooky Nook or a click on the tournament website would have given you up to the minute room counts and availability. Booking outside of some tournament room blocks puts you at risk to not play in the tournament, as you have to book thru the tournament to play. As far as location and times of various things around the hotel, there is a sign in the lobby stating the times, they are also explained to you when checking in, along with general directions to them as well as your room, third, there is a room directory in each room that includes a hotel map, hours and locations of various things in the hotel and a listing of restaurants, shopping and entertainment in the area and fourth, there are numerous directional signs in the hallways giving guidance to all guests. I'm glad to hear that the staff was polite and friendly. We would have been glad to help you with any information you required during your stay if you would have stopped at the front desk and asked. I'm sorry you felt this information wasn't readily available to you; however, I have not received any other complaints from other guests such as yours. I hope you will give us another chance to convince you we are better than what you experienced.
Wyalusing, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Three adults and four children (4-7 yrs old) were in our two connected rooms. While the rooms were comfortable, minor repairs were needed in the bathrooms. Kids loved the pool; we wish it would have opened earlier so we could swim before heading out to Dutch Wonderland and the Science Factory. Refrigerators in the rooms were great! And the location of the hotel gave all sorts of options for eating, shopping, and outings.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda N
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time in our indoor pool. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with your room and stay. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
orrtanna
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Two adults three kids...187$ for a night and day of stay and water park. The lady named Brenda who checked us in was very nice and helpful. We kinda got suckered into paying for water park. We just wanted a pool and when we checked in I guess they thought we meant park...be specific. I had three little ones under five so the park was only doable for the one but still well worth it.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank amber7474
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Danville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Spent 4 nights here with my wife and 8 year old. No complaints. We stayed in the one bed/loveseat room and were fine, plenty of space. If we return to Lancaster, we will definitely stay here again. Indoor pool was nice. Great location to attractions.

1 Thank MBowman_11
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Oriskany Falls, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Everything was great. This is an older hotel however the staff do a great job at maintaining the property and you can tell that they are slowly trying to make renovations. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was very nice and professional. The only complaint we did have was that the key cards didn't always unlock the main outside "E" door. Other then that it was GREAT! If we come back next year for this same tournament which is very likely we will be staying again!
-Danielle

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Danielle12066
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I am glad to hear you and your team enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service to you and your team; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your team and I look forward to seeing you and your team during your next stay with us!
Scotts Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was our 2nd visit to Lancaster and this time to see the show Moses and do some shopping. The show was fantastic. The cast and crew of Moses did a great job on a great show. Once again we stayed at the same hotel as last year. Wow ! What a difference in just about 10 months. The lobby looked definitely modern and the service was very very welcoming by staff. Our room was quite far away from the desk and breakfast room area, but the room was very clean and the furniture looked new to me. Definitely noticed the new breakfast line up with soo much choses. The rate did go up from last year but the service was worth it all. Hopefully next year sight and sound will have another new show that would entice us to go back to Lancaster.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 100 section they are closer to Indoor pool, Breakfast room, and exercise rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Joe C
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! As you mentioned, we are offering a free hot breakfast. We also now have a fitness center and a business center. We have also recently updated our lobby. We are glad to see that you noticed and appreciate our hard work to continue to improve our property. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!