“Old but doable”

Budget Host Inn & Suites
Ranked #26 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 20 August 2014

It is an old hotel but doable for the money. The room was clean and the bathroom clean. The ac worked great at least in our room. I do wish they had espn on the tv. Pool was ok with no glaring faults. Hey if you want flawless then you're going to pay a heck of a lot more money in the lancaster amish area from what I could find. We did have to have our room door card lock changed because of battery. Large breakfast room with plenty of waffle makers and usual other selections. Nothing elaborate but good and filling self service.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Bradley F
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with your room and stay. The free hot breakfast is a popular feature of our hotel and is always a hit with families. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I travel a lot for business and vacation both and have seen a lot of hotels in many different countries. This hotel was cheap so we decided to spend one night there and with the rate we had we didn't expect everything to be new or in perfect condition... what we DID expect however was for the room to be clean, which was not the case. There were crumbs on the floor, dirty spots, and we discovered some bed bugs in the morning on the bedsheets and more along the mattress seam. Not a nice way to end a weekend when you have to come home and disinfect all you items one by one just to make sure you haven't brought one of them home. I'm not saying all the rooms have bed bugs, but ours definitely did, and I consider that unacceptable for a hotel. I wish we had done a thorough check when arriving in the room and asked for a different one.
It's too bad because the rest met our expectations, the breakfast had a large choice of items and the location was great.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

I apologize for the condition of the room you were assigned. We would have been happy to switch you to another room that you found to be acceptable, had you made us aware of your concerns during your stay. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our free hot breakfast. I again apologize and hope you will give us a chance to show we can do better.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights Thursday-Saturday. All in all I have no real complaints. Yes it used to be a Howard Johnsons way back, but it is pretty decent. The fact that it was a Ho Jo has nothing to do with anything. The room (2 Queen Beds) was pretty clean with the exception of a small rip in the wallpaper. When you in in the Amish Country, you really spend very little time in your room anyway! The only real negative point was that the breakfast area was small considering all the people that were there at the time. Also the coffee was very weak. Almost like water. But all things considered, for the price that I paid, it was cheaper than most other places around, and wasn't a bad deal.

Room Tip: On the first floor, you might hear children running on the second floor!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Neal F
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great location, very content with stay. planning to go back again. I was surprised that they served breakfast. The wife and I stayed the weekend. Next we are bringing the kids. The rooms were clean. The service was good

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Antmonie
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am also happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. The free hot breakfast is a popular feature of our hotel and is always a hit with families. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel in about a year, and we have already been talking about another trip. We booked the waterpark package for the weekend as a birthday getaway for my 11 yr old. We spent about 10 hours altogether in the waterpark area- very clean, nice locker area with great showers if you need them, plenty of towels, and ample seating. Waterpark staff is super!
Hotel itself is an older property, we were pleased with the addition of a hot breakfast buffet and there was plenty of food and a nice sized breakfast room, unlike at many limited service properties.
Room cleanliness was above average, and greatly above average for the Lancaster area (we travel to the area 4-5 times a year). Exercise room is nice, we did have trouble using the hotel wifi but that's not a deal breaker when we want to get away, anyhow! Room has a small fridge and features 2 queen beds - not doubles- which is a nice touch, each bed had FOUR plump pillows and comfortable and very clean bedding and linens.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank MDmomofTwo

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! As you mentioned, we offer a free hot breakfast. We also have a fitness center and a business center. I'm glad that you enjoyed the pillows and you took notice to the exceptional cleanliness of your room. I am also glad to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park, attached to our hotel. We are glad to see that you noticed and appreciate our hard work to continue to improve our property. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Well what can I say, this place is your spot when you are on a tight budget. I gave this hotel the green light because they stated they had a INDOOR WATERPARK. They do ! But they will not tell you upfront or on the website that it is ONLY OPEN ON WEEKENDS ! I checked in on Monday to check out on Thursday, so my kids could go to the water park. we stayed an extra day after I paid.. then I was informed that the park opens Friday evening not Friday morning. This is seems to be the whole bait and switch cause the others hotel patrons with children were booking for the waterpark too.

Now getting to the room I had a two room suite, the first room they gave me the wrong room, a single bed and TV. hike back to the lobby, get another key for the right suite but now this air conditioning is not working - cool ... walk all the way back to the lobby. The guy Roger gives me another room. Get to the room, 2 queens and a pull out. nice desk, desk chair, bathrooms are clean,2 flat screens TV, microwave and frig. The black stains on the frig seal were nasty but we do not worry about that. In room WiFi was nice and strong speed.

The indoor pool is fine and they did provide towels ! The towels will rub your skin off. Pat dry, don't rub.- good idea for the owners nobody would steal those towels.

Breakfast was a traditional breakfast waffles, sausage, eggs, bagels, oatmeal, OJ, Apple Juice, yogurt,

I understand small business, I see they are trying their best given the short tourist season that they do have. I hope they continue to strive for excellence. I think this is diamond in the rough. I would go back, give it a try.

Room Tip: Ask for the best rooms, we stayed on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank alexander1128

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I apologize that you were at first given the wrong room (we have recently hired some new front desk staff, so I believe it was an honest mistake that this happened, but I'm glad they were able to correct this and get you into the corrrect room). As far as the water park information, it is on our website, it is also on the water park website, the hours are posted at the water park entrance and our staff have a copy of the schedule at the front desk to reference when people call to inquire. I apologize you felt this information wasn't readily available to you. I again apologize and look forward to having you stay with us again. Please call us prior to your stay with any questions you might have.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

overall the place was good have stayed at worse stayed 2 nights had to get a new key both days key just stopped working tried to print something in the office room no ink had to wait till next day but day shift hooked me up pool was great breakfast was best continual breakfast I ever had room was clean would deff stay again kids had a great time in the pool just wish it was a little warmer . But would deff stay again. Thank you budget host for giving us a great vacation.

Room Tip: first floor by the pool was a great room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lynniepooh64
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am also happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service to you and your family; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. The free hot breakfast and indoor pool are a very popular feature of our hotel and are always a hit with families. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!