“Had a great time here with my family!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center

Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
New York
“Had a great time here with my family!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Loved the deal for $99 a night weekdays including breakfast. What a value we received. An all you can eat breakfast buffet. Not a continental breakfast but a full breakfast! Seemed like most people left after the weekend. Since our family went during the middle of the week, we felt like V.I.P.'s. The children loved the pool. Please note however, that there are no ice machines working in this hotel. I don't know what happened. This was a major inconvenience to us. On top of that please note that you have to pay $25 to get a refrigerator in your room. We are used to this being standard at hotels with this star rating. With children this was also a great inconvenience. Glad that the breakfast made up for our other disappointments.

Room Tip: Building is large. Try to get a room near the lobby. If not, get ready for alot of walking!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Harry S, General Manager at Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Savealot2,

We are pleased you enjoyed your visit with us here at the Lancaster Host. We are grateful that you took time to comment regarding your experience and appreciative of your positive review and wonderful scores in each individual category.

The hotel is in the process of replacing the ice machines in the guest hallways. In the interim we are delivering complimentary bags of ice to our guests upon request. I am pleased you family enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

Thank you for choosing the Lancaster Host, we appreciate your patronage, and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

If I may be of any further service please feel free to contact me directly at hstevens@lancasterhost.com .

Harry Stevens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Would not stay here. Left after one night. Old Hotel, needs to be updated. Dirty.
The bathroom was dirty, toilet bowl stained. The sheets were dirty. The door would not close unless slamed. Was hard to keep closed. They did give us another room, which was not much better. Left and went to Holiday Inn express...Lovely!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TROUTS63
Dear Trouts63,
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your trip to Lancaster. I apologize for inconveniences you experienced and will use your response to address the issues with the proper team members. The hotel is currently completing bathroom renovations for all of our guest rooms but the process is taking longer than anticipated. We apologize that we were unable to provide you with one of our newly renovated rooms during this stay.
Thanks again for your feedback and personal observations, we hope you had an enjoyable visit to the Lancaster area.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

As I lay awake at 4:30 Saturday morning, lying on lumpy, old, polyfiber pillows I contemplated all the amenities of the Host hotel.

1) We had ordered a cot for my daughter to sleep on which we realized at bedtime was broken so that it tilted to one side. So we ended up dragging the mattress on the dirty floor so she could attempt to sleep. This was an extra $15, a complete rip off.

2)The heating and cooling "system" is a bizarre box where you dial in the temperature you desire and then turn on the fan by clicking up a lightswitch. When the room reaches the temp you need you have to turn the fan off. So either you are sweating hot or completely freezing unless you have time to be vigilant about turning it on and off.

3) In the bathroom is a sink with cracks all around the drain and a toilet that requires me to remove the tank lid and readjust the float that doesn't fit properly in order to prevent it from running and allow the tank to refill.

4)The mirrored closet door was on rusty tracks and would not open and close without fear it would fall out of the frame.

5) The door to the room had a chain lock as well as the standard locks, not sure why safety was such a concern but made me feel like I was misinterpreting my safety in Lancaster.

Needless to say, we checked out the next day and checked into the Country Inn & Suites next door where for the same money we had a lovely suite and breakfast included in the price. Do not waste your money, this place is terribel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Rally0502
Dear Rally0502,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. At the Host we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry that neither the bed pillows or roll away bed were satisfactory, I hoped we removed the $15 charge for the roll away, if not please contact me at the hotel.
One call to our Manager On Duty and both items would have been immediately replaced with new items to meet your personal preferences. The hotel is in the process of renovating our guest rooms, as well as guest bathrooms but unfortunately due to business demands the process is moving slower than we prefer for you, our valued guest.
I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I just returned from the Host Resort in Lancaster last week. I was so disappointed in the resort. The hotel was dirty and smelled like mold in almost all the rooms. The sinks in the bathrooms were cracked and the tub/shower area was crusty and dirty. The water pressure in the rooms was null.
My friends and I arrived with multiple bags of luggage and there were many steps and no elevators. Yes you had to lug your baggage up steps to your rooms. This hotel needs updated the room furniture and bedding was very dated. The mattresses were soft and the pillows were so soft your head sunk to the mattress. The balconies to the rooms were dirty and in need of repair and paint. For the price per night I expected so much more. The staff were ok but could have been more personable. I will not stay there again and would not recommend anyone to stay there.

Room Tip: There were no good rooms my friends and I all had musty moldy smelling rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Cathy S
Dear Cathy S.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. At the Host, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. I would like to truly apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case, we failed to meet that criteria. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.
The hotel is currently in the process of renovating/updating our guest rooms, specifically the bathroom sinks and tubs. I apologize we could not have reserved a renovated room for you and your travel companions. The hotel does have bellman scheduled daily to assist with luggage at no charge as an additional amenity for our guests.
Thank you for your review and patronage, we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back again. If I may be of further service please contact me at hstevens@lancasterhost.com.
Neshanic Station, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is a very all-around average hotel. Something about walking in makes you think of a casino, though it's not. We stayed here for 2 nights in May with a Groupon that included breakfast for 2 each morning, for a total of under $190. Not bad at all. The hotel is very big, with: several conference/meeting/ballrooms, indoor pool and workout room, outdoor pool (closed when I was there mid-May), 2 dining rooms, 1 actual restaurant with big bar area, nice seating area in the lobby, an arcade, a children's (toddler) room, a full golf course, tennis courts, and a large parking lot where we never had any trouble finding spots near our room.

The room itself was fine. Standard: double bed, small bathroom, desk/dressers, non-flat-screen TV. We had a view of the golf course, which wasn't terrible. It felt fine, not dirty but not super clean or anything. The maid staff was very good. Everyone we talked to at the hotel was friendly. The room itself was loud. We could hear things in other rooms, outside, but especially in the hall. We heard kids running around, dogs parking, people talking. It woke me up in the morning. This aspect -- the noise -- was my least favorite part of the hotel.

The location is good, right across from Dutch Wonderland. Everything else is a small drive away: downtown Lancaster, Intercourse, Bird-in-Hand. We had no problem getting to all the sites quickly and feeling like going back to the hotel was not too far away.

We had the buffet breakfast each day with our Groupon, which was very nice. There were 5 sections of hot food which always included eggs, potatoes, bacon, and sausage. The other hot food parts switched off between waffles, pancakes, French toast, breakfast burritos, and apple crisp. All was good, not great but not bad. We went late each day, as the breakfast was available until noon. You wait to be seated but get everything on your own. There is also always a fruit bar, 3 different juices, 3 cereal choices, milk, make-your-own-oatmeal, and an assortment of breads, bagels, and muffins. Also, of course, unlimited coffee and tea.

Room Tip: The back area (parking area C/D) faces the golf course. A faces the road. There are several differen...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Abington, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I used to stay in many hotel rooms for family vacation/weekend but never wrote a review before. For many of them you got what you pay, but for this hotel our experience was terrible. The hotel is totally outdated, Rooms smell old stuff. But our main problem was that my son left his ipod in the room. He is 7 years old. As soon as we noticed that was missing we remember that the last place that he was with the ipod was in the hotel. I called the hotel and talk to the front desk. The said that nobody found it. Them they transfer me to talk to reservations. They said that they didn't know anything about it, but they were going to talk to the housekeeper staff and ask around. They promised me if they found something they were going to call me. They never call me. And I didn't blame them because that was our responsibility to look twice in the room before we leave the hotel. The interesting thing about all this history was that about 10 days ago, ! month after our stay, a guest from New York called me saying that he found the Ipod, His first question was when we left the hotel. And It was a month before. He was impressed that if anyone was cleaning or vacuuming the room properly would be able to find the ipod. It was right close the bed in the floor where it supposed to be cleaned every time. I'm very happy that someone was able to find and returned to us. But this hotel, Never again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra O
Harry S, General Manager at Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Sandra O.,
Please accept my sincere apology as it appears the hotel staff made a mistake. The staff in question did not follow established procedures relative to handling a lost and found inquiry. They should have inspected the guest room (again) plus the lost and found room and check with Housekeeping Manager before stating the hotel did not have the IPod.
We routinely find and return hundreds if not a thousand items that belong to guests every year. I will follow up with the Front Desk and Housekeeping staffs to review our policies relative to lost guest items and I thank you for bringing it to our attention. How the item was left on the floor under the bed and was not seen by the Room Attendant or Room Inspector perplexes me. I offer no excuses, we know who cleaned and inspected the room each day after you left and we will promptly review their lack of attention to detail as part of their daily job duties and move on from there.
Thank you again for taking the time to send in your comments.
Staten Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Hotel needs a make over but you get what you pay for! The location was perfect..if you have kids it's literally a block from Dutch Wonderland! We booked last minute with a groupon for 85 bucks inc an overnight stay and hot breakfast. They have an indoor as well as outdoor pool which was decent. If your looking for luxury,...look elsewhere but if you want a decent stay for a cheap price,book this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple