Stayed there for 2 nights with the sole purpose of attending Sesame Place.
The Pros: The price I paid was definately fair. I got the room for under $100 a night. And considering that it was Labor Day Weekend, and that the Hotel is near a larger tourist attraction like Sesame I thought the price was good.
The Staff seemed friendly enough, and the housekeeping staff was good. We had an issue with something in our room and they came and fixed it right away.
They offer a continental breakfast in the mornings that is waaaaay more then juice/tea and bread. They had eggs, yogurt, pancakes even. For what you got you would easily spend $30 or more taking a family of 4 out to eat on the outside.
They also offer a shuttle to Sesame Place which is nice and saves you on Parking.
The Cons: The lobby smells like someone's 95yr old grandmother poured on a bottle of cheap perfume. The smell is just overwhelming when you walk in.
The hotel is definately dated. While the common areas were ok, the rooms are in need of attention and bordered on gross. Dirty tubs, stained walls, etc etc.
The air conditioner was either too cold, or if you turned it down or off the room literally became "wet" with humidity. Ventilation is poor throughout the hotel.
You cant get coffee or tea in the main lobby at night which I thought odd. Even though you have the pot in your room, most all other hotels will keep the tea/coffee area open 24hrs a day?
Overall for what I paid I thought it was ok. Not great, not horrible. There are alot of other hotels in the area I would check out another one next time to get a better comparisson if I were to come again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our newly renovated Holiday Inn Express Langhorne-Oxford Valley Hotel. We are happy to announce our new fully renovated hotel. From style, comfort and price all that you come to expect from Holiday Inn Express. Come check out what the talk is all about. We are located less than one mile from Sesame Place and are easily accessible from either I-95 or U.S. Hwy 1. New Hope, Peddler's Village, Franklin Mills Mall, and historic Philadelphia are all just a short drive away. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel offers a variety of amenities including high speed wireless Internet service in all rooms, free local phone calls, free USA Today newspaper, outdoor pool, convenience center, and fitness room. Our freshly renovated rooms are equipped with coffee makers, hair dryers,voice mail, additional closet, spacious work desk and 32-inch TVs. All our rooms also offer a microwave and refrigerator. Our queen rooms feature a sofa bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Langhorne-Oxford Valley Hotel Langhorne
- Holiday Inn Langhorne
- Langhorne Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne PA - Bucks County