“Loved it. Great service.”

Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Reviewed 14 July 2008

Stayed there for the weekend to go to Sesame Place. The room was very clean. The service was great. The shuttle to the park was fantastic. Very reliable.

The breakfast Sunday morning was great. Filled us up all day. It was great that the shuttle drops you off at the gate. Call about 15 minutes before you want to be picked up and they are there.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 July 2008

We just returned from 3 days at Holiday Inn Express Langhorne. We were there to do the Sesame Place 2-day ticket. When we arrived, they sent us to a room that had not been changed over, and seemed shocked that it never got cleaned. I gathered that I was not the first person this happened to, because I saw another guest go through the same ordeal. Once we got a "clean" room, it was decent, with a nice refridgerator, a microwave, and full shuttle service to Sesame Place--hooray!!! Also, loved the shower head!!! Hooray for a decent shower! Nice outdoor warm pool! Be prepared if you go in the summer to share breakfast with a crowd of children and parents eating with great gusto. The first day's breakfast was good, with some hot items and plenty of food. However, the next 2 day's breakfasts appeared to suffer a bit as they ran out of juice and cartons of milk. That makes breakfast a little challenging. . .especially with kids! It was obvious that the housekeepers were not too thorough with vacuuming. . .there was food under the dust ruffle of the bed from the previous party. The one elevator for this hotel was very slow and insufficient for the number of people visiting. Be prepared if it is busy to take the stairs or wait 10 minutes. (We were there Tues/Wed/Thurs). We had a baby in our family napping in the hotel room till 12pm with the "Do Not Disturb" sign out. Then, at 12pm, we took off the sign and notified the staff front desk that the room was available to be cleaned and restocked with towels and coffee. To our surprise that evening, the room was not cleaned and restocked and when we asked the front desk about that, there were no apologies. Instead we were told that the housekeeping staff were too busy to come back after 12pm and that they come by one time, and that's it! It was rude and unbelievable. . .especially since we had dirty towels, overflowing garbage cans, and no coffee! Sorry, but Holiday Inn Express lost my vote. I will probably not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2008

First, I stayed (or tried to stay) one other time at a Holiday Inn Express (HIE) and my husband and I checked out within an hour of checking in. When I complained to their corporate office I got no response, so this reservation was made with, well, a lot of reservations!

When looking at hotels near Sesameplace, I wanted one that was really close so we could go back to the park in the evening if we wanted, served some form of breakfast for my boys and was clean. I waited too long and most of the other hotels around Sesame were sold out or wouldn't put 4 people in one room (don't know what they expect you to do-my husband and I with our 6 year old and 2 year old = 4 people; I don't know anyone who would get two rooms in this situation but I guess if you have a lot of money it would be nice). The selling point was the fact that they have a shuttle bus to and from Sesame saving you the $13 parking fee (and that is every time you leave and come back so go out of the park for dinner and return you are now at over $25 for parking)

So, the hotel itself is very spartan. You walk in, there is a front desk with one attendant ( a VERY nice woman who was more than accomodating and helpful). The room was clean, smelled fresh (a big thing of my husband's), quiet and well located. Our room had two beds, fridge, micro, couch and table and best of all TWO TVs. We had just come from a hotel in Philadelphia where my husband happily watched golf all afternoon and my son sulked because they did not have NICK.

It was great having the fridge and the microwave since neither boy finished his dinner and later was hungry. The added space was nice because we had been on top of each other for so long it allowed us to spread out. My 6 year old got out his toys and was able to set up and we put a puzzle out for his brother at the other end of the floor and had a peaceful evening.

The only negative would be the tiny bathroom. It was difficult to get the boys into the shower and dried off in an area clearly meant for one person at a time, but I can live.

Highly recommend if you are going to Sesameplace.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Thank WhereAmIGoingAgain?
Reviewed 9 June 2008

We have just returned from a five day trip to Philadelphia as my husband has a new job there. We took the opportunity to research that part of the US and stayed at the Holiday Inn for 3 days. It was great. No faults. Complete comfort. Very clean and tidy. The free internet useage was a bonus for us. The staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. The breakfast in the morning was very good and "eat as much as you like" always goes down well! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a cheap stay at a relaxing and welcoming hotel. Thumbs up from us!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2007

This is a great place to stay when staying in the Philadelphia/Bucks County area. It is convenient to get to and is in a safe area. The staff is friendly and accomodating. The rooms are very clean and have plenty of space. The continental breakfast is great. I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express to anyone that is traveling tot his area.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2007

Upon checking in after a 6 hour drive, we found the room to be spacious for the 5 of us staying. We did have an issue with our Air Conditioner, but the front desk was up in our room with in the hour to help us with it. Loved the continental breakfasat in the morning. Be sure to go early because if you wait to long, the breakfast room is packet with families getting ready to head out for the day. Everything I read about this hotel said the did not have a shuttle to Sesame Place, but upon checking in, we found out they did. We never had to wait, we would call them about 10 minutes before we were ready to leave the park, and they would come and pick us up. Brought us back and forth twice a day. Provided a list of all restraunts in the area with directions. It thought this was a great touch. Plenty to do in the area. The one area left to be desired was that the pool could have been cleaner. It needed to be vacuumed and the tiles could have used a good scrubbing.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank bjeannep
Reviewed 14 August 2007

We Stayed July 4th. Staff was extremely friendly and courteous. Room could have used another round w/the vacuum. This is important because most are coming w/children to Sesame Place. Chair had disgusting, unidentifyable stains--did not let the kids go near it. Breakfast was good. We were able to take some fruit and coffee to go in the cups provided. Would stay there again if sleeping over near Sesame.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank ansadata
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne? Share your experiences!