Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Suitable”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

While on a road trip, I stopped here for one night on 1/17/14. Walked in without a reservation. The guy at the front desk was pleasant and professional, and checked me in swiftly. The room was clean. The bed comfortable and pillows were plush. The shower water pressure was very good. The only problem I had concerned the shower curtain. It was way too small and left a big open gap on each end. The water splashed out and soaked the tile floor and my jeans hanging on the bathroom door hook. I sopped up the water on the floor with three bath towels. I called the front desk to let them know in a constructive criticism approach about the shower curtain. The guy who answered the phone (different than the guy who checked me in) simply said, I'll pass the information along. He didn't offer an apology or anything else. Regardless, when passing through this area again, I would stay here again. Across the street is The Red Roof Inn, where I had two terrible experiences, one which was threatening. At Holiday Inn Express I felt safe. The elevator was slow, so I took the stairs during my brief stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TrueReview10
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear TrueReview10,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please allow us to apologize for the experience you had with your in-room shower and the service you received did not live up to your expectations. We also apologize our Elevator was less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Phelps, New York
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Room was clean,mattress was very hard,Some staff were friendly,couple were not.Very clean room,overall my stay was average.Great location.Fuel,shopping,restaurants,all extremely close.Overall,I will probably come back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Sotiris A,
Thank you for sharing your review. I am very pleased to hear that our cleanliness standards are high and you found our location convenient for your trip.
Our goal is to have each and every staff member you come across to be friendly and hospitable and that is our service expectation. It sounds like we were not at 100% and would definitely encourage you to always reach out directly so that I can review your concerns with team and provide additional coaching for any team member that did not meet our expectations.
I can be reached at lori.simpson@hhmlp.com.
Warm regards,
Lori S
south carolina
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stopped here after traveling up 95. It's right off the interstate. Staff was friendly. Clean and comfortable. Nice places to eat in the area. Rooms need to be updated but clean and adequate.
Great for travelers!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Chichi,
Thank you for the review! We do believe that we are very convenient location and glad to hear the positive comments about the staff and cleanliness.
We hope that you keep us in mind for your next trip through our area.
Lori S
Pennsville, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Holiday Inn Express Langhorne-Oxford Valley is a great hotel for travelers that are planning on visiting Sesame Place in Langhhorne. It makes the option of heading back to the Hotel to rest or eat a no brainier and that can assist in taking some stress away from the trip when there is a place for refuge, food and naps. The Sesame Place attraction is only about 3 minutes down the road and there is a vast amount of shopping & dining locations surrounding this hotel. Although the hotel sits adjacent to the highway there is not a lot of road noise heard within the rooms even during the day and at night we did not notice any obtrusive noises that would have be disruptive to our families sleep. The room we reserved had (2) Queen Size beds with a recliner chair to relax in. The room was not cramped at all with having the two relatively large sized beds in the room and there was even a desk along the wall that was great for kids to spread out some coloring books on to keep occupied. A bit of an oddity I feel is that the "bathroom" sink and mirror was in the living area of the room next to the dresser and the toilet and shower was in a small bathroom area. It seemed to work out in our favor though because while someone was in the bathroom others could still utilize the sink and mirror area for getting ready for the day. The working bathroom was a normal amenity but did have a curved shower rod and a rubber grip mat that you can see is changed out when they reset the room between guests. This hotel offers the standard Holiday Inn Breakfast included in the room rate and it was a great asset for a quick but delicious breakfast. My oldest son was enamored by the automatic pancake conveyor machine and I found them to be very delicious as well. There was a constant full supply of meats, eggs, breads/bagels, biscuits/gravy, cereals and milk/juices. Also, they supply free coffee all day in the Great Room and I never found a time it was all empty or not reasonably hot. The staff at the hotel was very nice as well and accommodating with guest requests. We were able to call the front desk while inbound to Langhorne and they had our room ready so had the opportunity to check-in a little early so we would be settled into the room before even getting to Sesame Place which was awesome because we were able to simply head back for dinner in the room with take-out and then head back to the Park for a Night Event. The staff accommodating the early check-in really enhanced our travel experience. The only real suggestion I could make to improve the experience is for the hotel to replace the Luggage Trollies that are available behind in the Elevator Lobby. They have seen some better days and it was a hard pull/push to get them to move with only a few bags on them. Other than that very minor item, I would highly recommenced the Holiday Inn Express Langhorne-Oxford Valley for families traveling to Sesame Place who are looking for a convenient location to stay and not breaking the bank on cost. (You can even save a few extra $$$ on using the Hotel Shuttle to travel to Sesame Place and not having to pay to park!). We are looking forward to returning to this hotel next season for another family trip down to Sesame Street.

Room Tip: The 4th Floor Rooms used to be the smoking floor and although they try to mask the lingering odors w...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank dtomlinjr22
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express several times. We usually stay there when visiting Sesame Place down the street. It is a great location, close to Sesame Place, restaurants, and shopping. As with all Holiday Inns it is clean and has the best shower in any chain. The breakfast is dependable and filling although my kids wish they had bacon more often (they're not fans of sausage). During this visit I realized how run down the property is becoming. First 2 of our 4 towels had large brown stains on them. I am sure they were clean just stained but in a hotel you always need to question the cause of the stain. I can't believe these towels were not pulled from guest use. However, I must say the front desk apologized and immediately replaced the towels hen brought to their attention. The top of the bathroom door had a lot of brown spots all over the top of the frame. It was clearly visible from the shower. I don't know if it was rust or mildew. The shower curtain rod was also coming off the walls. They have the curved rods to allow more room in the shower. Because it was coming loose the rod was sagging causing the shower curtain to keep sliding toward the middle. I had to reposition the curtain several times during my shower. My husband wanted to take a bath but couldn't because the drain wouldn't close. A little paint and attention to detail would bring this hotel back up to 4 or even 5 stars.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Stacy K,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns and for choosing to stay with us again. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the bathroom condition. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests as this will be looked into immediately. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We booked the hotel lady minute as the price was convenient but the room we were given was mouldy and smelled terrible. They were gracious enough to change us to a different room which was a bit better but still had a smell - the Rooms definitely need a upgrade - it was overall clean and convenient for sesame place for sure. The breakfast one of the best we have had which was a nice way to save some $$$$

• Stayed August 2013
Westchester County, NY USA
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights with the sole purpose of attending Sesame Place.

The Pros: The price I paid was definately fair. I got the room for under $100 a night. And considering that it was Labor Day Weekend, and that the Hotel is near a larger tourist attraction like Sesame I thought the price was good.

The Staff seemed friendly enough, and the housekeeping staff was good. We had an issue with something in our room and they came and fixed it right away.

They offer a continental breakfast in the mornings that is waaaaay more then juice/tea and bread. They had eggs, yogurt, pancakes even. For what you got you would easily spend $30 or more taking a family of 4 out to eat on the outside.

They also offer a shuttle to Sesame Place which is nice and saves you on Parking.

The Cons: The lobby smells like someone's 95yr old grandmother poured on a bottle of cheap perfume. The smell is just overwhelming when you walk in.

The hotel is definately dated. While the common areas were ok, the rooms are in need of attention and bordered on gross. Dirty tubs, stained walls, etc etc.

The air conditioner was either too cold, or if you turned it down or off the room literally became "wet" with humidity. Ventilation is poor throughout the hotel.

You cant get coffee or tea in the main lobby at night which I thought odd. Even though you have the pot in your room, most all other hotels will keep the tea/coffee area open 24hrs a day?

Overall for what I paid I thought it was ok. Not great, not horrible. There are alot of other hotels in the area I would check out another one next time to get a better comparisson if I were to come again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne? Share your experiences!