“Good hotel for trip to Sesame Place”

Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
New York
“Good hotel for trip to Sesame Place”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for the weekend to go to Sesame Place. It is right down the street and the free van is great. It runs every 30 mins to an hour. We never had to wait more then 10 mins for the van. The rooms are clean, they can use a remodel. Very outdated. The breakfast was ok. I would recommend this hotel if you are going to Sesame Place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jose D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Crasie,
I would like to say thank you so much for writing a review about my Holiday Inn Express Langhorne. It is guest like your self that makes it a pleasure and our passion to deliver excellent service. One of which Holiday Inn are well known for. We look forward to your visit next time your in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ridgefield, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here while visiting family, and will stay again . It is clean and neat, I can't complain about any thing. From parking to check out it is totally problem free. Pleasant staff, clean bathroom, plenty of hot water...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Jose D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
CJA116,
I would like to thank you for your feedback. At Holiday Inn Express Langhorne Pa. My staff and I try to exceed our guests expectations. From check in to our housekeepers, breakfast staff to check out. We are committed to delivering great service that our guest come to expect from our Brands.

I thank you and we look forward in having visit us when ever your in the area.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Did someone say dirty? This Holiday Inn Express might as well have been a Motel 6. I honestly do not believe there is a cleaning staff employed by this hotel. My wife and I came back from a long and lovely Saturday out and exploring at about 5PM Sat/May 31. We had left the room before 10AM. When we came back, THE ROOM HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED.

I'm sorry, but this is just unacceptable for any hotel, let alone one which is part of the "Holiday Inn family."

And, to add insult the injury, there was nobody there to clean it at 5PM. They offered to move us, but who wants to move once you are all unpacked and settled in? That was not a viable solution.

Yes, they brought new towels, and removed the old ones, and they brought us more hot cups for coffee, and more ground coffee. They also gave us some compensation by reducing out bill. However, this does not make up for this outrage.

I think I read where one business man wanted more fruit on the free breakfast and more than a single elevator. I WANT A CLEAN ROOM. I WANT A MADE BED, SO MY WIFE DOES NOT HAVE TO MAKE IT WHEN SHE IS ON HOLIDAY.

I'm a lawyer in Manhattan, and this was a birthday get-away for my wife, as well as a time to visit with some old friends in the area. Thanks, HIE-- my wife made the bed in our hotel room for her birthday weekend.

I am not a fan of negativity, at all. Indeed, if you review my reviews, you will see that I do NOT submit negative comments, as I generally can find the positive in almost any place I stay.

The good news? I had an extremely pleasant exchange with the gentleman who checked me in...upon greeting me, he was very polite and very knowledgeable about the area. HE IS WHAT I EXPECT FROM HOLIDAY INN. On our first night, he actually called to ask how our stay was going. He is the one who brought us fresh towels, and apologized profusely about the fact that the room was not cleaned. His name is Jeff, and he is an ASSET to this hotel. Jeff apparently has been schooled in the fine art of HOSPITALITY. Simply stated: JEFF WAS GREAT.

It's amazing. When we checked out this morning, we saw a man cleaning up the pool area. However, the pool area (VERY SMALL) was not dirty. And, how long does it take to fish out a couple of leaves? If that man spent the time he spent with the pool cleaning whichever of the 88 rooms needed it, I probably would not be writing this review.

I'm sorry but I can't give a hotel that makes a blunder like this more than a single star.

Next time I'll reserve earlier and make sure I get into the Sheraton Bucks County- this would NEVER, EVER happen there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johnskylar
Jose D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Mr. skylar,

Travellers are raving about these Langhorne hotels

Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights recently. The front desk staff was very friendly. One of the clerks, Jeff, was great and provided exceptional service. The room was clean and I had no issues with it. I did not eat the breakfast buffet. They did recognize my platinum status when I checked in. Thee is a small area by the front desk with snacks available for purchase but the prices are high. If I was in the area again, I would stay here another time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Mark0076,
I thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very pleased that you had a great stay at Holiday Inn Express Langhorne Pa. I hope that you would come visit us when your back in the Langhorne area.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is the dirtiest HI I have ever stayed in. Tooth paste in the sinks and the mattress on the pullout sofa bed had huge stains. The manager said they had no one to clean the sink at 5:30 in the afternoon but he did change out the dirty mattress. I won't be staying at this one again. WOW never had problems with HI before.

Our company uses both HIE and another common chain hotel. Guess where I'll be staying next trip the area.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Bill A
Mr. skylar, I thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write your review. As a new General Manager to this hotel I can assure you that this has been looked into. I value each of my guest and encourage them to give us their feedback. My team and I strive to exceed our guest expectations and look on ways to better service our guests. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience you had experienced. I am proud to announce that due to our guest feedback and surveys our scores have increased. This is all possible due to guest just like your self. I would like to inform you that we will be going through a complete renovation come 2015. Once again I apologize for your experience, if your going to be in the area in the near future please reach out to me.
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel, the front desk person Odell was very courteous, informative and a sheer delight! The hotel was clean and the breakfast was great. Odell told me all about the area and things nearby. He was also very accommodating. I would definitely stay at this hotel again as well as recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the higher floors are quieter."
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review, Here at Holiday Inn Express Langhorne Pa. my staff and I love hearing our guest feedback. We look forward in having visit us again the next time you are in the Langhorne area.
The Villages, FL
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Room #206. 2 DBL N.S.. Clean linens and tidy room. Fairly quiet. Nice hot breakfast. BUT- Tiny bathroom. Grout and caulking needed to be repaired around the tub/floor. Shower curtain would not stay closed and the floor got soaked. Bathroom door hinges were rusty. Only one sink in the long vanity. Second door key never worked even after 2 reprograms. Night #2 we had no satellite TV reception. Weekend rate of $123/night seems high for this establishment. Will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Public acknowledgement:

Dear Kitewizard,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad that you liked our clean linens, tidy room and the complimentary hot breakfast. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it is regrettable we fell short of your expectations during your stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you experienced with the bathroom and satellite TV reception. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions seriously so that we can improve and provide remarkable service that our guests deserves.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne? Share your experiences!