A few employees were pleasant and the rest seemed completely disinterested in our concerns during our four day stay. We did not enjoy the breakfast as much as we have at other hotels. The room was very stuffy and musty but did eventually air out after we ran the air for quite some time. We booked our stay as part of a Sesame package. We were successful at taking the shuttle to the park each morning. For the return trip we had no problems the first day, in fact Darryl was very friendly. The second day we waited over 20 minutes and then finally got a ride back with a neighboring hotel, Courtyard Marriot. There are 4 hotels that shuttle to and from Sesame Place throughout the day. On that second day we saw every other hotel's shuttle come twice and our shuttle was still nowhere to be found. We mentioned it when we returned to the hotel and they didn't seem surprised or concerned at all. One of our room keys worked and the other one didn't. The front desk seemed annoyed while making us a room key that worked. Quite honestly they seemed annoyed every time we came to talk to them at all, especially Odell.
My biggest issue during our stay was the fact that the WiFi wasn't working the first day, then it worked for a little while the second day, then it was gone again by the third day. The front desk referenced "a storm" several times but we didn't see so much as a drop of rain during our 4 day stay and had trouble believing this was the cause after spending all day in a sunny, 80 degree, clear day at Sesame Place's waterpark. I suspect that WiFi goes down at this hotel frequently - the front desk staff certainly didn't seem surprised when reporting that it was down again and again.
We were here as part of a Sesame Place vacation package. It was very close to the park and we did appreciate the shuttle to the park so we could save on parking. That being said, if we were to return we would not choose this hotel again based on the staff and the unreliable WiFi connection. We were travelling with a small child, as I imagine many who visit Sesame Place do. The flexibility to use the WiFi to look into local attractions, check our email, Skype with grandparents about our visit, and for the toddler to watch the shows she is used to in the morning and before bed would have made our experience much more positive. The WiFi was an advertised ammenity that the hotel was not able to provide during our stay. If this feature is important to you, I would suggest you look elsewhere as there are many other hotels close to the park.
I spoke with the central customer service line for the Holiday Inn on 7/13 and 7/14 about our experience and have been assured that a manager from the property will be in touch with me to address our concerns. The central customer service line did listen to our concerns and respect our travel expectations so don't hesitate to use them as a resource during your stay if you decide to give this hotel a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our newly renovated Holiday Inn Express Langhorne-Oxford Valley Hotel. We are happy to announce our new fully renovated hotel. From style, comfort and price all that you come to expect from Holiday Inn Express. Come check out what the talk is all about. We are located less than one mile from Sesame Place and are easily accessible from either I-95 or U.S. Hwy 1. New Hope, Peddler's Village, Franklin Mills Mall, and historic Philadelphia are all just a short drive away. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel offers a variety of amenities including high speed wireless Internet service in all rooms, free local phone calls, free USA Today newspaper, outdoor pool, convenience center, and fitness room. Our freshly renovated rooms are equipped with coffee makers, hair dryers,voice mail, additional closet, spacious work desk and 32-inch TVs. All our rooms also offer a microwave and refrigerator. Our queen rooms feature a sofa bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Langhorne-Oxford Valley Hotel Langhorne
- Holiday Inn Langhorne
- Langhorne Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne PA - Bucks County