“Not bad but not great”

Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Reviewed 31 July 2014

First off I found the staff to be super. Very friendly, every single one of them.

But a couple of things were not up to par.

I found a pair of underwear by the side of couch in my room from the previous guest! They quickly went in the trash!

The A/C unit was fairly loud.

The swimming pool area was out of order during my 3 night stay which was a pity.

But apart from those three things it was a good stay. The bed was big and comfy. They served a good breakfast. And as said above the staff were great.

Just a pity about the few points I made. But I would stay here again if in the area on business in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark_F_Dub
kathryn k, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Fear0,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I am so sorry that you were exposed to anything a previous guest left behind. That must have been extremely uncomfortable. I assure you we carefully inspect each room and I apologize that something like that was missed. I am also sorry the HVAC unit disturbed your sleep. It doesn’t make for a pleasant morning when you are unable to sleep. The pool is always a favorite amenity. I’m sorry you weren’t able to enjoy and make use of it. Apart from those items, I am pleased to hear our staff impressed you. Should you like to discuss your stay in further detail, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at the hotel.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Sesame Place is near this hotel; if you didn't know that when you booked, you certainly knew it when you walked in, with large cutouts of Big Bird and that idiot third-person talking moron Elmo decorating the walls. You got something against Grover?

There were just some minor annoyances at this hotel and one major - the minor included a busted screen door in my room that succeeded in letting in the bugs when I opened the door to enjoy a thunderstorm (ugh) and mediocre premium ($4.95) high speed internet. The major was a horribly uncomfortable bed, which is usually not a problem for me since I can fall asleep fairly easily on just about anything (including on the floor under the bed of [name withheld]'s master bed in her husband's Malibu mansion when [name withheld] came back early from his business trip to San Diego - long story); however, this mattress just wasn't cutting it. I also don't know if it's a Courtyard thing (I stay at properties all across the Marriott spectrum) but was surprised there was no breakfast included, even a simple glass or orange juice, coffee or a muffin. Of course, breakfast (and all other meals) were available at their "Bistro" for a price, but nothing I could see that was included. I can't really blame them I suppose, since I believe this is the new direction the lodging industry is heading (much like when the airlines took away your nuts and charged you for breathing their air).

I'd say if you're going to Sesame Place this is a pretty decent place to stay; apart from that, I'd recommend exploring your options. One thing I am happy to announce is that the customer service was on par with the Marriott name and Nikki was sweet, smiling, and available to address any problems or questions. That's why I stick with Marriott, people - for the smiles and the free air.

Room Tip: I'd recommend staying in back of hotel. I was in front, so the back must be better by default.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear RazorbladeWriter,

Thank you for your review of our property. I apologize for the issues you experienced. The screen door issue was addressed. I myself would have been annoyed with bugs entering my room while trying to enjoy the patio. The internet speed is usually sufficient for most guests. In the future, should you have issues with the internet, we would gladly refer you to our IT department. I am especially sorry that you weren’t able to get a good night sleep due to the bed being uncomfortable. In regards to breakfast, we believe the Bistro gives guests more options instead of the standard continental breakfast. I am happy to hear that though you had issues at our hotel, our staff were everything to be expected. Should you like to speak with me directly about the issues regarding your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Have stayed at this location many times over a 6 year period. Staff is very accommodating with helpful information and suggestions.
Rooms are clean and quiet. Located in a centralized area for many businesses.
Lots of restaurants and shopping located nearby as well.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Blake F
kathryn k, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Blake F,

Thank you for your review of the Courtyard Langhorne. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty over the past 6 years. We hope you will continue to use us for your business or leisure travel accommodations. It is a great compliment that you choose our hotel time after time.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I'd lived in Levittown Pa for about 5 years and Langhorne is a town over from there. My son has friends from school he wanted to visit for his birthday weekend in May, so I chose the Courtyard Marriott. The hotel is clean and very nice. The staff were extremely helpful and very pleasant. I did have a problem with my room that I didn't notice until it was time for bed. I'm very big on checking the bed thoroughly before laying down and after a close inspection of one of the beds I found a huge stain that looked like either urine or someone had an accident in the bed. I called the front desk and they were very apologetic and changed our room immediately. I've stayed at many Marriott hotels around the country and this was the first time I've had an incident. So, 1 out of 15 isn't so bad.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear kibabadgirl,

I would like to extend a sincere apology for the issue you had in your room. I’m glad the staff were able to provide you with another room. This issue, though my response is tardy, was addressed and I hope you will give us another chance to show you we uphold Marriott’s standards for cleanliness. Should you like to speak with me about this stay or booking your next stay, please feel free to reach out to me by calling the hotel and asking for me specifically.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I held a meeting for 3 days for 10 ppl. I have to say i was extremely impressed with Leigh Schiano and her team. Every need i could think of from the catering to the hotel rooms was taken care of. I highly recommend this hotel for meetings. What a great experience I will definitely be holding other corporate events there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear aaron a,

Thank you for your great review of the Courtyard Langhorne! Our staff members were happy to accommodate your needs for your meeting. We hope to impress you again and again and make your meeting event experiences seamless and productive.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Paper thin wall, minimum options for dinner and room service, no refrigerators in the room, all in all just a basic motel with very basic service. The location is fine, easy to get too, close to Sesame place and shopping, but for the price it is really just average.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jean T,

Thank you for submitting a review. I am sorry to hear our hotel didn’t meet your needs. Your comment regarding the refrigerator confused me as we do provide a refrigerator in every room. Our options at the hotel for dining are limited but there are lots of area restaurants with quite a few that offer a delivery option. I hope on your next visit we can make some recommendations to better suit your needs.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. Nice enough rooms although there were some issues (slow draining sink) that could not be corrected during our stay. Quiet and comfortable. Dining is very limited as is the bar service.

Room Tip: Sesame Place is only a few blocks away so there are lots of kids. I'd stay away from the elevat...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear mikaamma,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. Although the issue with your sink could not be resolved, I’m glad you found the rest of your stay pleasurable. I hope on your next stay we are able to impress you with different options at our Bistro, as the menu changes seasonally.

Kathryn K.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne? Share your experiences!