“Groupon Deal Gone Bad”

Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Langhorne
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A Very Furry Christmas at Sesame Place® is a festive, family-friendly celebration with everyone’s favorite Sesame Street® friends. Beginning November 18th, the park is transformed into a one-of-a-kind Christmas wonderland with millions of twinkling lights and festive decorations all around. Sing along at three special Christmas shows and a spectacular music and light show at our giant 1-2-3 Christmas Tree. Take a train ride tour through the Twiddlebugs’ Gingerbread Cookie Factory on the Sesame Place Furry Express, and don’t miss the fantastic Neighborhood Street Party Christmas Parade with music and dance moves that will have everyone dancing along and joining in the fun. Don’t miss the chance to meet Lightning, the adorable reindeer from the movie Elmo Saves Christmas. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is spending the holiday season with us. The lovable reindeer along with his friends Clarice, Bumble, will be available for photos with guests in Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Purchased tickets through Groupon thinking it was a great deal. I arrived at the park and it was mobbed with people. I expect large crowds but the Sesame Place staff was not able to handle it. The park was extremely understaffed and what staff was available was rude. Every show was booked hours in advance. The lines for the ride (that were open) were so long that my kids got on about 4 of them in the 8 hours we were there. Overall, it was a terrible experience and I don't recommend wasting your time or money.

24  Thank David J
Write a ReviewReviews (2,489)
All reviews
in 54 reviews
"bring your own"
in 86 reviews

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My last visit to Sesame Place was in the late 80s as a second-grader. About 25 years go by until I visit again as a 30-something! Cue the time machine! I personally do not yet have any kids, but my husband & I accompanied our nephews and their parents to a charity event held at the park. It was a very brisk day, and much to our surprise, water rides were OPEN! And some brave people actually used them! It's a bummer we didn't have a warmer day, as a few water slides would have been lots of fun! Sesame Place is mostly a water park with a few small "dry" rides geared towards younger children, including a "big" kiddie coaster that goes about 25 miles an hour. While I personally prefer the more "adult" amusement parks, I appreciate the charm of Sesame Place and still had a good time. I think Sesame Place is a great little amusement park for "beginners." I was a "beginner" back in the 80s and continue to love rides to this day. If I am lucky enough to have my own child one of these days, I would absolutely take him or her to Sesame Place when old enough!

1  Thank Mdgrl79
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Sesame Place is such a wonderful place I have many great experiences last year 2013 I must have taken my daughter here at least 6 times the wealthy year the last time was doing the Christmas Spectacular which was amazing that you had such a great time they always do a great job with the fireworks in the evening and the 30 percent off of food and parking and merchandise is a definite plus why I became a season holder for the second timemy daughter is 7 and she continues to enjoy Sesame Place everytime we go.

1  Thank mark d
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great place for kids 3 to 12. But the place is fun for everyone! Water slides and other water activities for everyone. Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster and all your favorites are very friendly and available. The food is expensive and average. Good idea to bring a sandwich that you can eat in the picnic area. We did not need a stroller parking so I cannot tell you if there is one. The roads are large and not crowded. Many benches all over the park to rest your tired feet!

1  Thank DizzyTomatoe