“Excellent Hotel”

SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We are Marriott Gold level members and have been for many years, we stay at Marriott's all over the world and I have to say this was a pleasant experience. We loved that you can walk out of the hotel and in two minutes you are at the park. This is huge considering the very long lines for the shuttle at the end of a long day. The hotel is brand new and very nice inside. The staff was very friendly. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the elevators, its full of kids and they all make noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Kricar,
Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards Gold member. We know you have many Marriotts to choose from while traveling to Sesame Place and we are glad you chose our SpringHill Suites! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Sesame Place!

Kind regards,
AnnaMarie L.
Assistant General Manager

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Quite a difference between this Langhorne PA location and the one just over the border in Ewing NJ. At Langhorne there is no bar, the lobby is much smaller, the fitness center is much smaller. The king bed room is smaller as well with a tiny, elevated and square sink.
I had a room in the basement, excuse me, the "Ground Floor", one floor BELOW the lobby. When you get off the elevator and head toward the rooms there is NO sign telling you which way your room is. If you turn right there are NO guest rooms, only service closets, etc. You do not realize this until you walk ALL the way to the end of the corridor. It turns out that the guest rooms are only to the left.
Also, there is NO ice on the ground floor, at least I didn't find any, and there is no sign indicating where the ice is. I walked all over the Ground floor before finally taking the elevator up to the lobby. The ice machine is next to the elevator. A LOT of walking around looking for things!
At the Ewing location the rooms always smell wonderful. They must use a certain fragrance that lingers...I have stayed there many times and the rooms ALWAYS smell great. At Langhorne....no fragrance. Why can't they learn from their colleagues in Ewing?
So overall I would stay here again if I had to, I mean it's not BAD. It's just not up to the standards of the other Springhill over the border. (I didn't stay at Ewing this time because they were sold out....a clue?).
More small stuff....the person that cleaned my room did not refill the Kleenex tissue box. They didn't leave a bag for the ice and they did not put a plastic bag in the trash can. Again, small things that never seem to happen at Ewing.
All right I'll be quiet about Ewing and finish this review!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Drdiptera,
Thank you for your review of the SpringHill Suites Langhorne. I'm sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations while you were here. I greatly appreciate feedback from our guests, as it tells us where we are excelling, and where we have room for improvement. I hope that if you find yourself back in the area, you will allow us another opportunity to change your mind.

John G.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I really don't know where to start as how terrific this hotel is when visiting Sesame Place. First of all, the location of the property is superb. It is only a two-minute walk from the entrance of the hotel to the entrance of Sesame Place. It was so close that I can actually throw a football from the hotel all the way to Sesame Place :) The location is so convenient that we can go back and forth from the hotel to Sesame Place anytime since our schedule revolves around my two year old daughter.
Second, the suites and bathrooms are very clean, comfortable and have up to date furnishings and amenities. The mattress was very cozy.
The staff of the property provided excellent customer service. The front desk agent was very accomodating (I forgot her name). She managed to check us in way before the checkin time of 3PM knowing that I had a two year old kid with me and that she needed to take a nap. The bellman were very helpful with valet and our luggage.
The crew that serves breakfast was very friendly and helpful. My daughter is so extremely picky as to what and when she eats. They went out of their way to get cereal even though it was the end of breakfast as they were ready to close up the buffet and clean up.
Not to mention, the property was family friendly that they had a mini play room. It came very handy when we could not go for a few hours due to rain.
I do not think of any better property to stay in if you are visiting Sesame Place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Brief stay, two days, one night; however, everyone and everything exceeded expectations. Everyone from the front desk personnel to the maintenance staff to the management, was professional, friendly and courteous. A particular word of thanks, and my compliments, to the staff that work so hard to keep the place absolutely clean and spotless! The furniture was new and in good shape, and every inch of the room as absolutely clean. A wonderful stay that exceeded expectations.

Room Tip: There are alot of families with young children, so if you're travelling for any other reason, yo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I had high hopes for this hotel. I picked it after lots of research on hotels near Sesame Place that would be good for an overnight stay. This was recommended to me because it was new and right across the street from the park. After reading some good reviews, I thought it would be good. I read that they had a little play area off of reception where the kids could play. And I read they had a balloonist doing balloons at breakfast time.
WELL.... apparently that is only during the summer. When I checked in and asked, they told me that because Sesame Place is only open during the weekends now, they don't do that anymore. OK.. well.. WHY NOT? It's a hotel across form Sesame Place, FULL of families going there, so why don't you still do it on the weekends? I barely packed toys for the hotel room for my 18 month old because I figured he could burn some energy in the playroom.. I was wrong. So those 2 things were a huge disappointment.
The hotel is in a good location near a lot of restaurants and stuff. The rooms are nice - the bathroom is very modern, but I hated it. The floor was white so if you walked on it with shoes, it was immediately noticeably dirty. Ew. Also, the sink was way too high for shorter people and kids (so bring a fold up stool) and the door was a sliding door with a frosted glass panel so it didn't really give much privacy,
The door didn't slide 100% closed, so it always seemed "open" and people can see you walking around so when you need to do your business, it's not really private. If it was a solid door, it would be better at least.
The set up was a desk with frosted glass partitioning off the bed area. We had the pack n play set up in front of the desk. We pushed the coffee table next to it, and piled cushions form the couch to give my son a darker, more private area to sleep. When we put him down we hid on the bed and we had no issues with him feeling like he was in the same room as us.
The room felt a bit cold despite turning the air off. The refrigerator was not cold at all. Or barely cold.
It was nice having 24 hour coffee/tea in the lobby. The breakfast was ok - waffles, eggs, sausage, cereals and some bread products.. oranges and bananas. Oatmeal too - and the had good toppings for the oatmeal and eggs. But the cereal was weird.. 2 "adult" cereal and 2 kid ones (fruit loops and frosted flakes). The adult cereals were like, granola. What happened to good old fashioned plain cheerios or corn flakes? I also didn't like how the milk was 2%. Fine for my son, but I use skim.
Would we stay here again? Yes, it really is across from the park. Just a 5 minute walk. No need to pay parking at the park. I just have a more realistic expectation. And they honored my requests of room location and having the pack n play in the room when we got there so we wouldn't have to wait and my kid could go right to sleep if we checked in late.

1  Thank akitkat118
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Akitkat118,
We appreciate your feedback of the SpringHill Suites Langhorne. Please accept my apologies that our hotel did not exceed your expectations. While we do have a children's play area and animal balloonist during the summer months, I apologize we do not offer that during the winter months. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Sesame Place.

John G.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

1st timer at this site. easy to access off rt 1, ( n. of Philly). Very modern, super clean facility...Grounds are well kept. No problems with internet for both email and streaming content. Breakfast was fresh , well attended to. All staff were friendly and always greeting their guests. Corp rate of $144 was a bit high in my estimation based on its location n. of Philly. But with the medical complex across the street, I figured they are making their margin there... several restaurants and shopping malls-plazas are in close proximity to the site.

Room Tip: I was on 2nd floor facing parking lot, perhaps opposite side would even be more quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed for three weeks with one year old .exceptionally friendly tolerant staff . Good management clean all th way ,rooms to lobby .accaptable breakfast clean and generous!
The pool is very warm and cozy but small good for family play .loved the fire pit table in the backyard ,nice trees ,recently renovated, i recommend highly worth the money .
Thanks to all the staff from baby Christina ! from front desk to room cleaners to lobby breakfast ...

Room Tip: Choose the back towards the trees ! I preferred rooms with walk in shower instead of bath.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne? Share your experiences!