“Perfect Location & Great Service”

SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
White Plains, New York
“Perfect Location & Great Service”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife picked this hotel and it was a great choice for a number of reasons:

1." Location is everything"

You literally can just park your car at the hotel and walk to Sesame Place. It takes you less than 10 minutes if that. You avoid any of the parking headaches and fees.

2. The rooms are sweet... Suites. lol

This was a perfect set up for our family because we have two kids. So we basically set up the kids in the living room space while we had the bedroom. The living room was also great for hanging out with the adults which was needed after spending a day at the park.

3. Breakfast included.

I wish this was a perk of every hotel. But alas it's not. But it was a welcome addition especially when you're traveling with your family. It saves you money and time so you can head straight to the park right after. It's not a gourmet meal but they have a pretty decent selection. Seating can be a bit of a pain if you're in a big group. Seems like you're better off going super early or later to avoid the crazy on time crowd.

4. Free wifi and business center access.

We forgot to print our sesame place tickets and were able to easily do it at the business center right in the lobby. Wifi is also available in the room.

5. Kids playroom in the lobby.

I've never been to a hotel that has a room dedicated to toddlers. My 1 year old son loved it. And it's great place to keep them distracted as you wait for your family to get ready.

6. Indoor pool and whirlpool

It was a bit chilly the weekend we visited. But it didn't matter because of the indoor pool and sauna. The pool area and water was a perfect temperature. But the towels felt like washcloths because they were so small.

7. Firepit

As I said it was a chilly weekend. But it was nice to be in their outdoor patio area around the firepit. We actually eat dinner there one night and we loved it. You have to watch out for the low steps in the patio area though if you have a year old son that thinks he's a grown man and wants to walk on his own. A few times I had to run and get him so he wouldn't trip. But nothing that is a major danger.

All and all I really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely come back! The prices are reasonable given all the amenities and location.

Shout out to Brianna at the front desk. She was very helpful in playing musical rooms with my sister and I. LOL

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank WorkAtHomeNoScamscom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel because it was so close to Sesame Place. The location and hotel were great. Very clean and convenient. However, there is a playroom near the lobby that is open from 10 AM - 11 PM this makes no sense since most little kids are up early and Sesame Place doesn't open till 10 AM. It would be helpful to families to have the playroom open at least by 8 AM so we have somewhere to let little ones run around till the park opens. The playroom is not supervised so there is no reason it can't open earlier. My biggest compliant about the hotel is the staff - after we checked out I realized I forgot something minor in the room and called the hotel a few hours after we had checked out to see if the item could be shipped to my home. The front desk staff informed me no other guests had checked in yet and that housekeeping would have to look for the item and get back to me later that day. After not receiving a phone call that day I called the hotel the next day and left a message with the Operations Manager. Never got a call back from anyone at the hotel. Needless to say I was disappointed in the lack of customer service.

Room Tip: We got stuck with a handicap room after the first room we were given had a broken TV. With a toddler...
1 Thank Molly V
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Molly V,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne. I'm glad that you enjoyed our convenient location and clean rooms. However, I apologize that you did not receive a return call from my Operations Manager. Unfortunately, he does not have record of your message. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and this is unacceptable. I have provided you his information and ask that you reach out to him with your information so that this can be resolved as quickly as possible. Once again, I'm very sorry that this negatively impacted your impression of our hotel, and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to the area.

AnnaMarie L.
jeffrey.angjelo@tmihospitality.com
215-891-5501
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel for our family trip to Sesame Place. I won't stay anywhere else. It's across the street from the park, so you can come and go as you need to which is ideal for anyone with young children or anyone who needs to access to their room quickly. The rooms are incredibly clean, modern, and pretty comfortable. The staff are very friendly and are available and ready to help you. There is a pool and a fire-pit, and even a Sesame Street themed play room. The gym is a great size given the tier of hotel. There is hot breakfast in the mornings which is great if you need to get a meal in your kids before the park opens.

It's a little more expensive than the other hotels in the area but you get what you pay for, and for us the service and convenience made the trip relaxing, which as a parent you rarely get.

Stayed August 2014
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel in July 2014 since we were going for 2 days to Sesame Place. I stayed at the hotel with my husband and our two young children: age 1 and 3. We had booked the room using our marriott reward points. I would have given this hotel 5 stars for proximity to Sesame Place, employee friendliness and overall comfort.... except that we experienced a major flaw with the way the hotel rooms were designed and had a bad overnight experience. Sadly this brand new, beautiful hotel was not designed with familes and children in mind. So, there are flaws....

Location:
If you are going to Sesame Place this hotel doesn't get more convenient. It is right across the street from Sesame Place. No need to park at Sesame and pay their parking fee. You can walk across the street. It is very safe to walk the one block to get there.

It is also situated by stores and restaurants so it is easy to get around to get things you need.

Hotel Parking:
Free. Even the valet is free. We suppose this is because there aren't enough parking spots on the weekend when everyone is there to go to Sesame Place. We stayed on a Sunday night and when we arrived on Sunday the whole hotel was leaving to go home. It was not packed over night from Sunday to Monday so we didn't need to valet once the evening came around. Valet attendants were very friendly. The free valet is a nice service.

Hotel Lobby:
Since this is a brand new hotel, I expected it to be very nice and it was. And the staff was very friendly too. We checked in without any issues and went to our room.

Our room: here is where it gets sticky.....
The room itself is great- very new and modern. The problem is they made it too modern and weren't thinking about who would be using the hotel- families going to Sesame Place. Let me tell you up front a BIG problem is how the bathroom was designed. The bathroom has a glass, sliding door. 1) The door allows light to shine from the bathroom at night onto the beds making it easy for everyone to wake up crying everytime someone needs to use the bathroom 2) the door doesn't have a locking mechanism built in so anyone including your children can open the door on you 3) the door is a sliding door on a track that is very noisy even when pulled very slowly and 4) the door doesn't close 100% of the way. Instead it closes 90% of the way so again, light shines out of the bathroom and everyone outside of the bathroom can hear everything inside of the bathroom (like the noisy toilet) in the middle of the night.

Let me make myself very clear, this is a gorgeous modern room.... but not designed with families going to Sesame Place in mind. Our kids were constantly up at night because of the ridiculous bathroom door. And that's when we were trying to be so quiet. So beware. Beautiful room but very bright and noisy at night which will lead to tired cranky kids the next day.

I hope someone at Marriott reads this and changes all the bathroom doors at this hotel. If there were different bathroom doors, I would go again. I don't know if I would as things are now. That's how difficult the bathroom door made things for us. It sounds silly but it really made things very very hard on us. A glass door that is noisy, doesn't fully close and doesn't lock. Oh Marriott.

The hotel room had nice features- a toilet and a tub/shower combo which was good to bathe our children in after going to the park. The sink in the bathroom is a very small modern sink which is not practical for doing anything but brushing teeth. Do not expect to wash out a piece of clothing in the sink or do anything else. It is soooo tiny. But again modern and new but not well thought out for families.

Beds were a bit hard but fine. We brought our own Graco pack and play but our room had a Graco pack and play in the closet. So, if you need a crib this is what the hotel has.

The room also had a mini fridge and a small "living room" area that had a small sleeper couch and a desk. The entire room has one tv that is on a pivoting tv stand so that you can watch it in the beds or on the other side of the room by the couch. Again, not well thought out for families because since this is not a full suite (it is open between living area and bedroom area) you can't use the tv once the kids are sleeping or they will wake up. I knew the room would be set up like this ahead of time. Better planning on behalf of Marriott would have made some sense.

Hotel breakfast.
Excellent. Make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, ham, cereal, oatmeal, coffee, milk, yogurt, fruit, donuts, english muffins, and other pastry.

Other:
We didn't have a chance to check it out but the hotel does convert a meeting room into a child's play room on certain days. I took a peek and there were toys for very small children. This was a nice idea. We also didn't have a chance to enjoy the hotel pool.

I hate to give this hotel 3 stars but the poorly designed room sunk the ship. Had Marriott done some thinking about the type of clients going to this hotel and done better planning this would have been a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Bathrooms are not designed with families and children in mind. The bathroom has a glass, sliding do...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Counselor4444
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Counselor4444,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our convenient location and valet parking. Please accept my apologies that the layout of your room was not to your liking. We appreciate your feedback. I hope that you will reconsider and allow us another opportunity to host you on your next trip to the area.

AnnaMarie L.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Everything about this hotel is first class. The staff is helpful and friendly, the rooms look brand new and are well laid out and the hotel clearly understands its clientele. It is literally across the street from Sesame Park so you can go back and forth at your convenience - great for small children who may need a break during the day.

Room Tip: all the rooms appeared to be equally good
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Everyone was great helpful and friendly great hotel especially if you have children. This is our 2 nd time here and def will be back again. Julie was a great help when I locked myself out of the rm at night. Everyone here makes you feel like your right at home and have been friends for years Clean fast service helpful Everything you look for in a hotel They make your travel easy

• Stayed August 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel was much nicer than the one we stayed at three years ago when we visited Sesame Place. The room was MUCH larger and accommodated our family of five (two in pack and plays). Breakfast was great, many choices for everyone. The best part was the walk across the street to Sesame park. Two drawbacks: The bathroom door doesn't have a lock, and with twin boys, the door was a game. the second drawback was that when we pulled up to valet, both valet (boys if you will because they looked no older than 18-20) were smoking. We do not smoke and I refused to let them park my car with cigarettes in their mouths. Not to mention, the smoke would stink up my car (even from them just sitting in the car)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne? Share your experiences!