“Excellent Restaurant!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of JB Dawson's Restaurant & Bar

JB Dawson's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
JB Dawson's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 99 Restaurants in Langhorne
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pennsylvania
“Excellent Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had joined JB Dawson's email club and they emailed me a 20% off coupon, so I decided to try it out on a Monday night. I was greeted by a friendly hostess as I walked in the door. Since I was a business traveler out to an early dinner on my own, she was kind enough to offer me a paper to read, which I passed on, but it's the thought that counts. The waitress suggested their pulled pork platter, as it is from their fall off the bone ribs. The pulled pork was tender and the sauce was excellent. I two sides that come with the meal and I chose fries and the coleslaw, which were both tasty. They include a side of cornbread as well. The portion was so large, I had leftovers for the next night! Service was top notch.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pete D, Owner at JB Dawson's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Sorry for the late response but just wanted to say thank you very much for the great review! Glad you have joined our E-club so you have gotten some great offers with that. Thanks again!

Newtown, PA
“Past its prime”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This used to be one of our go-to places in Langhorne. We've lived here for about 8 years, and we've gone to JB Dawson's about every other month during that time. As late as 2 years ago the service and food was always top notch. Yes, it was always crowded but the wait was worth it. Our last visit this fall reminded me just how far this place has gone downhill. It used to be a pretty fair value, but the prices are much higher than in the past. While the food hasn't changed much, the wait staff now ranges from mediocre to just plan poor. Wait time for food has gone way up. Now when we're thinking of a place to go at the last minute, JB Dawson isn't making our short list anymore.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pete D, General Manager at JB Dawson's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Hello, my name is Rob Orwig and I'm the General Manager of J.B. Dawson's in Langhorne. I was very sorry to here about your recent experiences. I would love to talk to you in person to try and convince you that we haven't changed. If you would be so kind to call me at 215-702-8119 and give me a chance to make it up to you I would be very grateful. Thank you for your time. I will be available to talk this weekend from 2-10 on Saturday & 12-9 on Sunday.
New York City, New York
“good lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Ate here for lunch , food was great and so was service , will definitely return , did not try it out for dinner , simply ran out of time if not we would have returned and tried the dinner service .

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pete D, Owner at JB Dawson's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for your very kind words! We hope to see you again soon. Dinner will be just as great as lunch so enjoy. Sincerely, Pete DiCarlo
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Good service, above average food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

One thing you can count on at Dawson's is the service. The team concept is very successful and allows the servers to be much more attentive to the customers needs. The food is good but not exceptional. Personal favorites are the potato soup, baby back ribs and creamed spinach.

Visited August 2013
Pete D, Owner at JB Dawson's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for your nice review!
new jersey
“Good Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We had the pleasure of dining here last week and it was wonderful with a very accommodating and attentive staff. Nice atmosphere. The food is delicious, good menu and fairly priced. The corn on the cob is excellent.

If you are in the area, this is a great spot to dine.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your nice review!