“Comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Canton, Michigan
“Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

This was our first stay at a Residence Inn and we are glad it was the one in Langhorne. It's located near a WaWa, Kohls, Home Depot, Target, Oxford Valley Mall and more important Sesame Place! The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great and we were given plenty of choices. Our room was beautiful. The beds were comfortable and the living area made us feel like we were home. I would recommend this hotel to any family visiting Sesame Place.

P.S. They provide a shuttle to Sesame Place. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank GEA_SR
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear GEA SR,
Thank you for your fantastic review and recommendation! We are so excited that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and Sesame Place.
We hope to become your brand of choice when travelling and that you return to our Residence Inn again soon.
Lori

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Roanok,e, Va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

My family of 4 (two kids aged 3 and 5) just returned from a 3 night stay at this Residence Inn. We booked this is as a package through Sesameplace. com and overall were very pleased with our experience. We stayed in the Studio room with the kids on the pull out sofa, they didn't complain about the mattress but I'm glad that I didn't have to sleep on it. The layout of the room was nice, we could turn the TV at night toward our King bed to watch while the kids slept undisturbed. Also the kitchenette with the full size refrigerator was a big bonus. We were able to pack in sandwiches to the park each day and were able to fix food for the kids in our room in the evening. The morning breakfasts were busy but good, the staff worked very hard to keep everything clean & re-stocked. We also enjoyed hamburgers and beer at the Manager's Reception while we were there.
The only complaint (similar to prior reviews) was that we must have been given a room in the pet friendly wing of the hotel. Although I had called the morning of our check in to make sure we had a non-pet room since we are allergic, we were still placed across the hall from a pet friendly room & could hear the dog barking every time we entered our room. I don't think that our room was pet friendly since I never had any allergy problems. I did specifically ask housekeeping about it and the housekeeper was fairly sure that we were not in a pet friendly room & since it smelled fine, we did not request a change. I'm just not sure why the pet friendly/non pet friendly rooms would be in such close proximity. Also the stairwell on our end of the hotel had very bad smell of dog especially on the day we checked out, even my 3 year old made mention of this.
We did use the shuttle service back/forth to the park. This shuttle is shared with the Courtyard next door. I do not understand why both shuttles for the Courtyard/Residence Inn were not running, especially during peak times. We always had to be at least 10 minutes early for the shuttle time if we wanted a seat and then most times the shuttle driver would be 10 or more minutes late, probably because they were picking up at the Courtyard & running them to the park first in the morning. We were not the only family that was frustrated by this, especially with tired children wanting to return from the park only to find that the shuttle was full and that we would have to wait for the driver to go and come back again. The shuttle was always about 10-15 minutes late for pick up time, no matter what time of day and with us having to line up 10 min before the scheduled time to guarantee ourselves a seat, that was a lot of unnecessary waiting. Perhaps the shuttle service could begin at 9:30 instead of 9:45? (since the 9:45 shuttle actually came at 10, the 10am shuttle actually came at 10:15, etc.) The shuttle from the Sheraton was much more reliable, at the end of the day many times coming to pick up twice while we were still waiting for our shuttle to come once.
But again, overall a good experience. The front desk staff as well as the breakfast/reception staff were all very friendly and accomodating. We will consider a return stay if coming back to Sesame.

Room Tip: make sure to ask for room away from pet friendly wing
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank lizzie23092
Dear lizzie23092,
Thank you for your review and we are thrilled that you were very pleased with your stay and the staff. We love it when our guests have the opportunity to join us for our socials and enjoy the offerings.
Thank you for sharing your feedback about the shuttle and room location. During peak times, there should be a shuttle running from our hotel exclusive to Residence Inn and I apologize that you encountered delays. We have been working on our pet areas and addressing any issues related to pets. Feedback helps tremendously and I promise you this area will continue to ne a high priority for our team.
ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

We stayed for 3 nights (Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday) with our 2 children under 6 years old. We booked through a package deal at Sesameplace.com We arrived at check in time, it was fast and the staff were friendly. Our room (one bedroom suite) was clean and had lots of space. The bed was firm, not great for everyone. The hotel was clean. We went in the pool several times and the temperature was great.
The morning breakfast was busy but there was plenty of food. My husband and I took turns going down to get food and brought it back to our room so the kids could eat while they watched cartoons in their pajamas.
The only drawback was the number of dogs also staying at the hotel. Although we are dog lovers and understand why others would want/need to travel with their pets; perhaps an area of rooms just for them would be best. There were several barking dogs in rooms near us and the smell of dogs wasn't great. Our room was right by the exit, which I wouldn't recommend. The dog owners were in/out often and the door slammed closed each time, it was very difficult to sleep. The only other difficulty we had was trying to cook a meal in the kitchen, it took an hour for a pot of water to bowl for pasta, the element just didn't get hot enough. We gave up and ate cereal for dinner. But the full size fridge, microwave and dishwasher were great to have with kids around.
The best part is the proximity to Sesame Place, just a short 5 minute drive. Within the same distance there are several restaurants and stores. Great location!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the middle of the floor, not near the elevator or stairs.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mom2oneOntario
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Mom2One Ontario,
Thank you for your recommendation and detailed review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your room and our property. Our breakfast does get busy and I actually encourage parents to navigate the breakfast offerings and bring back to enjoy in the convenience of their own room during peak times.
We do have a pet friendly wing on the 1st and 2nd floor and it sounds like you were assigned a room in that area. I undertand your concerns and will send our maintenance team to address door closures to see if we can reduce noise in future.
All cooktops should work and wish we could have corrected while you were here. These things are so important to us and we always encourage our guests to let us know when it happens. We really want to get it fixed while you are still on property whenever possible.
Thank you again for review.
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

This hotel is exceptional! We have stayed here a few times last year and nothing but top notch service! Everything is wonderful From the time you check in, to the delicious breakfast, the clean fitness room, and the full size kitchette with dishwasher. I really enjoyed having the dishwasher as I brought about 15 baby bottles for my twins, I used them all and I was able to wash them and not worry on the way home. I'm sure all moms would appreciate that I know I did! The chair in our room did have a bit of cracked leather, but we didn't sit there so it didn't matter. We were very happy to be right down the road from Sesame Place. We were able to park our car and take the free shuttle over,so we didn't have to worry about driving. We still had a lovely time and we cant
wait to come back.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less foot steps over your head
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Scuba024
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear scuba024,
Thank you for your excellent review! We look forward to your return.
Clifton, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 9 weeks as part of a long term business trip. The room had a great layout and a nice kitchenette with cooking utensils provided, microwave, full refrigerator/ freezer, full dishwasher, desk, and free wifi. It was very comfortable for business travel. Now for the downsides: the chair in the sitting area was in extremely poor condition, cracked "leather" and did not recline. I also had a lovely view of an air conditioning unit or railroad tracks making it imposiable to open the windows to get fresh air due to the noise from both. I didn't know this was a pet friendly hotel and found that my hallway always had a disgusting smell of pet urine (to the point where I would cover my nose and mouth with a scarf and I could still smell it). I also had a dog jump and bite my hand while trying to enter the hotel. There is a $100 fee to have your pet but it would be easy to sneak a pet in without paying the fee. And lastly, the room was also never cleaned well. Proof of this: the ants I had invade the room. I called the front desk three separate times about this, each time being told "Someone will be right up." and no one ever arriving at my room. Also keep in mind this hotel is very close to Sesame Place which means lots of kids running around. This may be great for other families but to someone who has to be up extremely early for work, this was not a plus for me. This hotel may be close to local attractions but if I had the choice next time, I wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Nicholle G
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Nicolle,
I would like to thank you for your feedback about your stay. Our goal is to exceed our guest expectations and it appears that we have fallen short during your stay with us. Feedback is critically important to us and I really wish that our leadership team at this hotel was aware of your concerns during your visit. We realize how important cleanliness is to our guests and especially someone here for an extended length of time.
We are pet friendly and make every effort to assign two wings to guests traveling with their pets. We have this area on a more frequent rotation for maintenance and housekeeping. We do have guidelines for guests travelling with pets and our pet policy prohibits any animal that is aggressive to other guests.
We do consider ourselves a kid friendly hotel and welcome families. Most families that come in season for Sesame have small children and although breakfast can be "lively" for the hour or two prior to park opening, it is rare for any noise issues after hours.
I thank you again for your honest feedback and encourage you to reach out to me directly or the General Manager at the property, Christine Nieves.
East Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

I have to say that I have stay in many Marriott hotels, however, this one over exceed my expectations. The personal is super nice. The rooms are super clean, elegant and comfortable. The breakfast was very nice prepared and it has plently of choices. My living room furniture was in like new shape.
We went here for the "Very Fury Christmas" at Sesame Place. It's literally just like 5 minutes from the hotel. We had a great time.
I will be back here again. I highly recomended it for people who value comfort and elegancy and don't mind to pay a little bit more.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LanghorneMarriottGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Dear BarbaritaV,
Thank you for your fantastic review! We love it when our guests leave happy and our goal is to have everyone leave with the intention to come back and recommend to others.
We look forward to your next visit!
Happy New Year!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

This is a very clean hotel. Very close to Sesame. Shuttles drop you off and take you to Sesame so you don't have to pay parking. Yay! Breakfast was free and usually very crowded, but always plenty to go around. Would recommend to anyone going to Sesame Place

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank tj330
Dear tj330,
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us! We have many families that come to visit us each year to visit Sesame Place. Breakfast can be crowded and we strive to make sure we communicate the hours to our guests. It seems like everyone comes down in the last hour of breakfast and it is much more enjoyable if you come down a bit earlier, We also encourage guests to gather breakfast "to go" and take it up to the room so they can dine in the comfort of their own room.
Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again for next season!
Lori Simpson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley

Been to Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne? Share your experiences!