“Softball team”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Softball team”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our softball team stayed here for a tournament. The hotel was awesome. Had an outside patio we were able to hang out on at night. There was a grill so we were able to BBQ one night. Hotel had a washer and dry which was necessary for our uniforms. Breakfast in the mornings was excellent, more than what you would expect from a free hotel breakfast and the managers night was a treat.
The staff was awesome, helpful accommodating . They really went out of their way to make our stay comfortable.
Would definitely recommend for team travel, business and family travel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Dear Carol S,
Thank you for the awesome review! This area hosts many sporting tournaments and our hotel is ideal for teams so appreciate your recommendation.
I hope that your team did well and please keep us in mind for any future trips to the area.
Lori S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Philly
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My complaint is that they don't let grandmas slide. I had to pay full price ($60) to enter the park even though both parents were present and I assured them that I wouldn't be participating in any ride/activities. I was just there to watch the stroller and take pictures, but I still had to pay. Does anyone else find this suspect? My daughter and son-in-law took my 2 year old granddaughter for her 2nd birthday. I never got on a single ride but I still had to pay full price to get in....ridiculous! Also, the baby was cranky so she didn't get on a lot of rides. She did appreciate the Elmo show with Mr. Noodle. That was the highlight of our trip. Oh, and we paid over $30 for three entrees and then saw that there was a special on food when we were leaving.

We stayed at the Residence Inn. The breakfast was ok, but the shock of having a dog bark at us in the hallway was not. The hotel was otherwise nice, overpriced though. It's a residence so you figure that you'd have everything you need to spend a lot of time there but the pots and pans weren't right. I cooked one meal there and wouldn't be able to cook more because there was no means to wash our dishes afterward.

The TV in the main bedroom wasn't working but they sent someone right away to fix it. It had been unplugged for some reason and they didn't supply dvd players.

It's a non-smoking hotel but we were close to an exit that gave us access to the outside so we could sit outside when we wanted to have a ciggie.

Again, it's overpriced and supposedly a 4 star without bathrobes, but altogether, we had an ok time for two nights.

Room Tip: There are dogs in there so be careful, especially if you have jittery children or adults.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Lori S, Regioanl General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear younggrandma,
We realize that visits to Sesame Place are not inexpensive any one over 2 does pay the full admission price.
All rooms should have a selection of a few pots and pans and dishwashers in room with detergent for the machine and manual handwashing, if preferred.
We are pet friendly and apologize for the dog barking at you while passing in the hallways. We have a designated section where we allow dogs to stay.
June through Labor Day is considered our peak season. If you are looking for better pricing, please consider visiting for a weekend in the fall.
Thank you!
White Plains, NY
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a visit at Sesame Place. We selected it because the reviews on tripadvisor were very good and it was close to Sesame. The place is about half a mile from Sesame place, but you can't walk it. I don't remember seeing a side walk. They have a shuttle service that runs about every half an hour, so take advantage and save about 20 bucks in parking fee at Sesame. it always left the hotel late for as much as 20 minutes the few times we used it. Coming from Sesame; however, we called the hotel about 5 minutes before we were ready to be picked up, so it was as if we had our own personal driver. Generally though they run on a schedule, but the driver told us to just call. They have a nice basketball court, so bring a ball and kids will love it. Pool was nice as well. There was a little bit of smell in the studio room we booked the first time we entered. Someone must have been cooking strong in there. There were also stains on the sofa, which I hope they took the time to clean. Overall, room was big, clean, quiet and comfortable. Would give it a 4, but the sofa stain really bothered me. It just made the room seem dirty when it is not.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear letustravel2g,
Thank you for the review. Our shuttle service is definitely part of the experience and we love to hear great feedback about this service.
All of our rooms were just renovated earlier this year. I apologize that your sofa had a stain and was not cleaned properly prior to your arrival. This should have been noticed during our cleaning and inspection process. I would always encourage our guests to report and issues that you find while at the hotel. We really want your experience to be fantastic and want to resolve things quickly while you are still here, whenever possible.
Thank you!
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Yet another solid stay at this hotel. As before the shuttle to the park is great and quick, and they keep running when they see people waiting even if it takes multiple trips to Sesame Place. Free breakfast in the morning gives good options even if its a little crowded.

My only complaint is that our room keys discharged multiple times. In our group of 4 the keys discharged at least once a person, sometimes more than once over the course of only 2 nights. You really cant blame my cell or credit cards or any other reason I have stayed at many properties and have never had this issue happen this often. Really need to find a way to prevent so many discharging of keys.

Room Tip: Only 1 set of elevator banks so if you have many bags a first floor room is the goal
Dear Kosherconsultant,
Thank you for the review and selecting our hotel in Langhorne. We love to see families return to our hotel and create memories while visiting Sesame Place.
We feel that customer input helps us get better at resolving any issues and correcting for the future. I believe that your key issue may have been one of two things. Perhaps the lock mechanism needed to be updated or the front desk team member that reissued a key may have cut a new sequence to your room and essentially invalidated the remaining keys that needed to be replaced. It sounds like our team needs to work on troubleshooting this issue and will work on this.
Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you for your next trip.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I rented a 1 bedroom suite and due to an early arrival (10 AM)decided to ask if an early check-in might be feasible. The front desk clerk, on 08/12/2013, was quite indifferent and let me know the room was still occupied and not to expect a check-in before 3PM with no suggestions offered and stepped back from the desk. This of course did not sit well with me, however the shuttle driver Jack actually spoke up with an alternate for customer satisfaction and offered that if we were planning to go to Sesame Street that day we could leave our luggage and shuttle over to Sesame to start the vacation. This was an excellent suggestion on Jack's part however I feel as though the desk clerk could have made the same offer resulting in immediate customer satisfaction. The remainder of the trip went quite well and I was pleased I did not have to deal with that particular desk clerk again during the visit. Each day after that was extremely pleasant due to the staff attentiveness and delightful attitude received from Ty and Carol. Jack, Carol and Ty made the stay extremely pleasant and an excellent experience. It was always a guarantee to be greeted with kind words and pleasant smiles by each of them. They make me want to come stay again and I will since the overall experience resulted in a purchase of a season pass. It is employees like them that keep you coming back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear xtr_11,
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. Feedback is very important and we really strive to have all of our associates deliver the type of service that Jack, Carol & Ty did during your visit.
We should always offer options. We were sold out the night before your arrival. The front desk agent should have definitely offered to store your bags and explain options to get to the park early and then taken your cell phone number and offered to alert you as soon as this was ready for you. We are always coaching our associates and this feedback is important.
We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Langhorne area.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel since we found it was in close proximity to Sesame Place. While the hotel was not within sight of the park it's location is hard to beat. The room was in great condition, and I was very
impressed with the condition of the appliances in the kitchen. We did happen to check in on a mid week evening when there was a managers reception, and they had a great variety of complementary snacks and beverages. In addition the pool was a great treat for my two children, and the breakfast service was excellent for them as well. For any families visiting Sesame Place I would certainly recommend this location.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Fleishum,
Thank you for the terrific review and recommendation. We certainly hope to see you again for your next visit to the area.
Lori Simpson
london
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We rented a 2 bedroom suite. I got there early hoping to check-in but they said the earliest our room would be available was 2pm. We met the most kind and understanding woman, Carol Stout. She gave us some crayons and toys to borrow so I could entertain the kids. My family arrived and off we went to Sesame Place. We came back hot (it was near 100 that day!) and exhausted (from the drive and the park). Regular check-in was 3pm and, although we arrived after that, we still could not check-in. The front desk kept explaining that they had a full hotel and people were checking out late. I know they were stressed, but they weren't being very sympathetic to our circumstances or organized. We waited until 4:20pm until we could check-in. At the end of our trip, I told Carol we had a great time except for the check-in...let me tell you-- she was ON IT! She came to our room with a huge discount!! She compensated us so wonderfully and, I tell you, I would not hesitate to stay there again and recommend it to everyone. She really cared about us and our stay. Also, the quality of the hotel is just beautiful. Granite counter-tops and stainless steel appliances in the kitchen! We did take-out food and ate in our hotel room kitchen. It was easier on the kids and pleasant to be in such a nice quality room. Many thanks to Carol for *making* our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank noninomad
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear noinomad,
I am so glad that Carol took great care of you and your family enjoyed our beautiful newly renovated property. We realize many families expect to be able to check-in early and do strive to meet our guets requests. We should have immediately connected with you when your room was not ready for check-in. I am so glad Carol met you and made the impact.
We thank you for your comments and hope you return to our hotel for your next trip to Sesame Place.
Lori
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne? Share your experiences!