“Clean, Courteous, and Cheap”

Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Thanks to Red Roof Inn in Langhorne, Pa. The room was well prepared, staff were helpful at all hours of day or night, and the rate was the cheapest in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jeremiah B
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Inn. We sincerely appreciate your comments and thoughts regarding your stay. I have made sure our entire staff are aware of your comments,,,a great motivation factor for all. Thank you

J L Williams.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

My stay was great customer service was awesome rooms very clean B HOSE

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank bobhose
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts regarding your recent visit to our Inn. My staff and I truly appreciate receiving feedback from our guests, especially comments like yours. A wonderful motivational aid. We look forward to your return and hope we can continue to meet those standards during your next visit.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

We needed a hotel where we could take our small dog and leave him crated in the room while we toured the area. We have never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before and the low rate had me a bit worried - plus no extra charge for the dog. I also wondered how clean the floors would be with other dogs having stayed there before us. I checked tripadvisor and was pleased with the previous reviews so I bit the bullet, as they say.
The location was perfect for us. We wanted to tour Philadelphia, which is 30 minutes away, Grounds for Sculpture (a definite must do!!!) just 15 minutes away, and Valley Forge for a day where our dog would also be welcomed, which was maybe 45 minutes away. For those interested, Sesame Place looked adorable from the street and that was one mile from the hotel. Restaurants were within blocks away as were places to shop.
As for the hotel itself, I could not ask for more. The room was very clean, not a stain anywhere, and a decent size. It had the very basics - clean bed, rack for clothes (no closet), mini fridge and microwave, free WiFi and a safe just large enough for my laptop. If you expect fluffy towels, hair dryer, iron or designer toiletries, bring them from home. This is not that kind of place. Clean but slightly frayed towels, soap and a tiny packet of shampoo is what you get. I was prepared so this was not a problem!
The only thing that would have made this place better would have been a Continental Breakfast. We ate at Friendly's one morning when we were in a hurry and for an empty restaurant, the service was very slow and the food were not good!! We should have paid attention to the crowded parking lot at Denny's or the diner.

Even as we were still there, I checked the Red Roof website and was disappointed to see no Inn near Mt. Rushmore. Now I need to find a pet-friendly hotel there.

Room Tip: An end room on the top floor was perfect for our dog. The less traffic outside the room the better.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

My staff and I sincerely thank you for taking time from your busy day and expressing your thoughts regarding our Inn and local area. I have already shared your comments with our staff as a motivational aid. Much appreciated.
I understand the need for an Inn that is pet friendly, as I too travel with pets. In Mt Rushmore area, the Super 8 Motel in Custer is pet friendly and was a nice clean motel.

Again, our sincerest thanks for staying with us and for your thoughts and comments.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

the staff here from bottom up is over the top!i was in between houses and had to go somewhere close that took pets! i have a 110lbs lab/shepard.and the service here is 2nd to none!the made us comfpordable at a trying time!i can not thank them enought for the service we received!i have stayed in 5 star hotels that did not treat us as well!from house keeping to the manger jerry,anything we needed it was no problem!i would recomend them to any body! 1st class all the way.my special thanks to them.if all motels treated guess like i was treated traveling would be a less stressfull thing!agian my 10 thumbs up to them.i just had to give them my thanks! jw werline owner jdubslures!

Room Tip: any all are fine!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jim w
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Dear Jim: I have shared your comments and ratings with our entire staff. Guest feed back, like yours is a great motivation factor for all. We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to from your busy day to comment about your stay. As with all Red Roof Inns, our goal is guest satisfaction; and it is very warming to find that we have succeeded. Thank you again.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

We arrived at the Red Roof Inn around midnight on August 25, 2011, after being evacuated from Avalon, NJ by Hurricane Irene.

At that moment, we didn’t know what we would do, just needed a space to sleep until the Hurricane was over. We are from Montreal, Canada.

We arrived there quite worried, after hurriedly packing our stuff for a 2 weeks stay at the beach. We have a 4 years old son and twins 2 years old!

The lady at the front desk was SOOO helpful! I don’t remember her name but she was from Russia I think… She gave us the last room, which was a huge king room, the biggest they had. With a fridge and a microwave. She stayed after her shift ended to find us 2 pack & plays and a lot of extras sheets for the twins. We ended up staying there for 1 week! We visited Sesame Place once the hurricane was over and it was magical!

Thanks Red Roof Inn for really saving us! We plan of visiting you again in August 2012!!!!

The Michaud-Fortin Family!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank shoppingbou
redroof0165, Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

My staff and I offer our sincerest thanks for your comments regarding your visit at our Inn. We are truly happy that despite the hurricane and evacuation, everything worked out well for you and your familay. We enjoy knowing that we have been able to help our guests and appreicate the opportunity to do so. The Russian lady at the Front Desk was Irina, who is still working with us,. I will share your comments with her as well. We hope all was well when you returned home to Montreal and we look forward to seeing you again in August.

Red Roof Inn of Oxford Valley

Reviewed 19 February 2012

I was in town visiting some friends and stayed at this location. The hotel staff was friendly and were very helpful when i had questions about the area. The check in/out was easy and quick. The room was comfortable and met all my needs and i actually slept very well. I will surely return to this hotel for my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
redroof0165, Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Matthew: Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our Inn. My staff and I look forward to our guests comments and trust that we have been able to meet all your needs while here.
We look forward to your next visit to our area, and hope you will continue to choose Red Roof Inns as your Inn of choice.

J. L. Williams

Reviewed 3 January 2012

I'm a regular business traveler and have stayed at this hotel every week for a long time. They have low staff turnover; thus, I can count on enjoyable interaction with the same friendly folks who know who I am and my room preferences. Checking in is a snap, and checking out is practically an after-thought. The rooms are basic but dependably clean, the free WiFi is a real value (even some high-end hotels nickel-and-dime you for this) and the location couldn't be better. The RediCard program is also a great plus - I have stayed many times for free, and you will get people more knowledgeable about the hotel than on the aggregation sites (priceline, etc.). For example, Priceline and Orbitz only list two room types - Superior King and the Double room - even though there is a third, Standard King (the cheapest room).

Situated between Routes 1 and Interstate 95, you are seconds away from two major highways. Also, a relative rarity in this area, there is a 24-hour gas station/convenience store 30 seconds down the road. This hotel is situated in Falls Township, PA, within Bucks county. There is ample policing of the area, and from what I have seen, non-existant crime.
I've never had problems with neighbors at the hotel - a commanding majority of the clientele are also business customers, particularly outside of the summer (Sesame Place) tourist season - CSX employees and oversize-vehicle escort companies in particular.

Having stayed here many times, I can also say that even when the rare glitch occurs, the manager is very serious about ensuring a good experience, and can be counted on to make a concrete, substantial effort to make things right if the customer isn't completely happy.

One thing I can say is that I'm looking forward to the upcoming refresh that I understand all franchisees will be undergoing - fresh flooring, bedding, flat-screen TVs (I believe), etc.

I wouldn't be alarmed by the negative reviews. Look - it's not the Four Seasons. But it doesn't cost what the Four Seasons costs, either. Bottom line, as advertised - friendly staff, decent hotel, competitive price.

Room Tip: Standard King is cheapest room, not listed on Priceline, Orbitz.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Joshua B
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Joshua B. Thank you for the kind comments regarding our Inn. We too are looking forward to the renovation, which I believe will occur towards the end of the year. We have a tremendous staff who have much pride in their Inn; and comments such as yours add greatly toward their motivation. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely

J L Williams
General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem

Been to Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley? Share your experiences!