“This place is great!”

Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Reviewed 31 July 2011

If you're going to Sesame Place, this is absolutely the best place to stay at. We had a great view of the park from our room (okay we were lucky enough to land on the 15th floor) and it's central to a host of stores and restaurants. It's a quality & upscale enough hotel to keep the parents feeling a little spoiled but laid back with the perfect amount of amenities to keep the kids happy. We loved this hotel and the main restaurant. The food and service was excellent and above what you'd expect to see in a very kid-friendly atmosphere. It was a bit pricey... our group of 4 adults & 1 kid ate dinner for $80 (before tip), so be prepared. The pool is nice and fairly large. We loved our stay. There are only two drawbacks I can think of. During the day, the ran very quickly but was very slow in the evening. This is probably just dependent on the driver. But it's tough to complain with free door to door service! The second is that I was surprised there was no mini-fridge in the rooms. Not a huge deal...but in the dead of summer, and with kids, it's nice. Stay here, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
sheratonbucks, General Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Dear bostonred,

We are grateful that you wrote shared your experience at the Sheraton Bucks County Hotel with the TripAdvisor community. We are very pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be a quality and upscale hotel and you enjoyed our complementary shuttle service.
We look forward to serving providing you another outstanding hotel service experience next time you visit the Langhorne area.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

The hotel was nice, staff was great but its a high rise and you have to wait for the elevators. It is very close to sesame place, so it is always full and extra parking is in the rear of the building.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Dear ptbarnaby,

Thank you for posting comments on TripAdvisor about your stay at our hotel. We were pleased to learn that you found the hotel to be great and our hotel staff to be nice; they always appreciate when our guests recognize them for their quality service.
We do understand that the elevators can get busy during peak times so it may take a little longer to get to your room during those busy periods; for any of your future stay’s at our hotel we would be more than happy to provide you with a room on a lower floor so you do not have to wait for elevator service. Please make this request at the time of your next reservation and we will do our best to accommodate you.

We look forward to servicing you during your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

If you are planning to visit Sesame Place, this is the hotel to stay at. We stayed for 2 nights and were very happy with the experience. The rooms were clean and the beds were more comfortable than mine at home - very luxurious bedding on them as well. For us, the main attraction was the shuttle to Sesame Place and it did not let us down. The hotel is only a 5 minute ride across the street (across a very busy street). Sheraton's shuttle was always the first one to show up at the park and would sometimes make multiple trips without any sign of the shuttles from other hotels. The drivers were very nice, helping to load and unload strollers and chatting with my 2 year old. The breakfast buffet was nice, although after more than 2 mornings I would want some variety.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Dear bookwormcarrie,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at our hotel with TripAdvisor,

We were delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be clean, our shuttle service to be excellent, and that you enjoyed the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed with it’s the luxurious linen package.

We look forward to serving you again next time you visit the Langhorne area.

Reviewed 20 July 2011

We chose this hotel because of the proximity to Sesame Place, and despite the mixed reviews, I was excited about our trip. After a long day at the park, we arrived to check in and were told that they didn't have a room for us, and the only thing they could do was send us to the Red Roof Inn 10 miles away! Finding this unacceptable, we scrambled to make our own arrangements, but I have never been treated so badly in my life - no apologies were made, no explanations given. The entire experience seems so deliberately shady and dishonest that I will never again trust my vacation plans to any Sheraton or affiliated hotel!

Room Tip: You may not have a room, even though you made a reservation.
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I am a loyal spg member and have to say not impressed with the service and cleanliness of hotel. I am disapointed to say the least. The benefit to this hotel is that it is across street to sesame place and that is it. The shuttle service is good when you leave hotel but come on the half hour at park and you will be lucky to catch it. It is a van so fills up quickly. We were lucky when we arrived a family let us take their spot because we had 14 mos old twins and a 2.5 yr old. One of the twins was crying and miserable so they let us go. I don`t know what we would have done if we had to wait another half hour. The hotel room was dirty on arrival. Floor carpet is weathered and had crumbs and particals of ceiling cement pieces on floor. The AC unit cover kept popping off and falling on floor. Maintinance came. Didn`t fix it . I called front desk again and said needed to be fixed because my kids kept going over and touching the uncovered unit which was dangerous. They said they would send someone up again. They never not sent up a person to fix it after 2 hrs. I called again and they now said the best they could do was to move us. The front desk guy said he would get back to me to where he was moving us. Waited another 2 hrs and he never called. It was bed time so I never called back because it was too late to move us. Next morning I went down to hotel pool at 8am before sesame place opened (opens at 10am) to entertain the 2.5 yr old while twins slept. About to get in pool and guy comes over and said we can`t get in because he needs to do maintanince. I am thinking to myself wow now maintanince comes. I used points for my stay but I would be livid if I was paying 159 dollars for this place.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank bodie0024
sheratonbucks, General Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

Dear bodie0024,
I certainly appreciate you taking the time to provide the tripadvisor community feedback concerning your experience at our hotel. My sincere apologies for the fact that our housekeeping team has failed to provide you with clean room on the day checked in, that our maintenance team failed to fix the cover on your air conditioning unit so it would stay in place, and our front desk associate failed to follow up with you to ensure your issues were corrected. The safety, security and comfort of our guests is very important to us, it causes me great concern when I hear of an instance when our associates have failed a customer. I have spoken to the front office, maintenance and housekeeping leadership regarding this matter and reinforce with them the importance of proper levels of cleanliness and guest service.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the conditions you experienced at our hotel. It would be our pleasure to continue to have you as valued guest of our hotel.

Reviewed 16 July 2011

My children and I travel to Sesame Place every year and we have stayed at several hotels in the area. The location of the hotel is very convenient and the shuttle service is an excellent feature. Before booking at the Sheraton, I read the online reviews and was impressed that the General Manager responded to comments.

During our stay in early July, we lost power for several hours one evening, and had an early morning fire alarm the following morning during which everyone was asked to evacuate. The staff at the hotel was not at all apologetic for the inconvenience. I am someone who is well travelled and has previously worked in the hospitality industry. While losing power and the fire drill are not necessarily anyone's fault, there should be an effort to accommodate guests by offering a discounted rate for the night guests were inconvenienced, or at the very least, offer bottled water during a power outage.

I stay at the Sheraton regularly, but I don't foresee a return to this location.

Dear BikrumMom19,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feed back about your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to hear you found our shuttle to Sesame Place to be an excellent service.
I apologize that an electrical storm that hit our area on the evening of your stay resulted in our hotel being out of power for 5 hours until the utility company could bring us back on line. The fire alarm the next morning was a direct result of the electrical damage that occurred to several electrical components of our building as a result of the storm. All electrical items that were damaged by this power outage have been repaired and are fully operational. We made every effort to accommodate our guests during this power outage; I personally was in the hotel lobby offering beverages to any guest that requested them, and helping assisting guests until our electricity was restored. I am sorry that the Guest Service Representative that checked you out on your day of departure did not inquire if you enjoyed your stay, we did compensate many guests for the inconvenience they experienced due to this incident; I have spoken with the Front Office Manager about ensuring we correct this issue moving forward..
We regret if this incident may have marred what would have otherwise been an enjoyable visit to Langhorne, and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you when your travels bring you back to this area.

Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and our stay was fantastic. Since there were 2 families, we had connecting rooms, each having comfortable beds, spacious rooms and the views were magnificent. The staff was always friendly and ready to assist. The "free"shuttle service to Sesame Place was very nice, considering the parking fee at Sesame was $18.00. Hotel is located near several restaurants, a couple of shopping malls and with Sesame Place just across the street, the hotel location was perfect!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lssadler
sheratonbucks, General Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2011

Dear lssadler,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at the Sheraton Bucks County hotel on the Tripadvisor website. I am glad you enjoyed the view and comfort of our rooms, and the convenience of our complimentary shuttle service to Sesame Place.

Your gracious comments about the friendliness and responsiveness of our staff have been shared with all of our departments, and everyone was very pleased to hear you enjoyed their services. Positive comments such as yours really helps our staff to stay motivated, and it provides them with a rewarding feeling that they are achieving their goal of giving our guests ‘World Class Service".

Again thank you for your completing a review on tripadvisor.com. It will be our pleasure to be of service to you again in the future.

Scott Hagen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA

Been to Sheraton Bucks County Hotel? Share your experiences!