“Solid Stay”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Brooklyn
“Solid Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton across the street from Sesame Place. We took our son for his birthday who told the front desk agent. Moments after we got up to our room, someone arrived with two Elmo balloons, cookies and milk, and a birthday message reminding him to share with his sister. It was a really nice touch.

We enjoyed the pool the next morning and the hot tub before returning to the Park that afternoon. If you're going for a night or two, this is a great place to stay. You're near a lot of food options (among other things - Target, Walmart, etc.), which was crucial because the food was not good at all. The buffet breakfast was awful. But, iHop is around the corner!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 7th floor and faced Sesame Place. We were able to watch the parade from our wind...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
sheratonbucks, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with TripAdvisor community. Glad to hear that you have enjoyed our hotel amenities. Please stay with us again for your next trip to Langhorne We look forward seeing you again..

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Korean first
Long Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

After making a reservation at this hotel, based on its close proximity to Sesame Place (1/10 mile) & my confidence in the Sheraton name, I then read reviews...I know, did things backwards. I must say after doing so I was concerned, especially since I booked a non-refundable Summer Special ($159. a night plus tax, included $25. Mastercard gift card, 2 cans of coke & a small soft side cooler). My worry was without merit.

The lobby was large, attractive & desk staff accommodating. We arrived late a.m. & we were given a room right away, which allowed us to unload the car before heading to the park. I would not have lacked energy to do this after a long day. Our room was a nice size, had a large flat screen TV, a small fridge, comfortable beds, and it was clean.

There was a bit of a wait for elevators though I fortunately never had a 15 minute wait as someone else described. One of the 3 elevators was out of order. The more annoying thing with the elevators is each elevator set has its own up/down call button, as opposed to pushing one of the buttons & it registering to all 3 elevators. So, when a guest is waiting for an elevator they push the button to each elevator. Whichever one comes first, they get on. That means the other elevator(s) will stop at that floor even though no one is waiting. In short, be prepared to stop at almost every floor of this multi-level bldg. as you go up to your room & come down and find more often than not no one is there waiting to get on. I'm guessing it is a costly measure to tie in the elevator call buttons all together but if manageable it should be done. This would greatly reduce the wait problem that people seem to find annoying.

The staff was very pleasant. A lovely woman who drove the shuttle stopped by to say hello as I sat in the lobby early in the morning & chatted with me until people showed up for the van. Someone the night before was kind enough to heat a bottle for the child of someone traveling with me. In the morning complimentary coffee is offered in the bar area. I didn't see tea but when I asked, the restaurant staff poured me a cup to go. Everyone made you feel like anything they could do for you was not only not a problem but they were glad to help.

Although this hotel is only 1/10 of a mile from Sesame, it would not be a safe walk with a child. You must cross a busy highway (6 lanes), and although there is a traffic light, there are no sidewalks once you reach the other side. We wound up taking our car rather than wait for the shuttle, though it did seem to run often. I was told every 1/2 hr. There was a line for it in the morning hours & when we wanted to come home we preferred not to have to wait. That was my only disappointment. If it had been "across the street" in a walkable way I would have given this property 5 stars for this particular price range.

Room Tip: One of the lower floors. If you are on one of the highest floors plan on a simple elevator trip to...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
sheratonbucks, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your truthful and helpful review of our hotel. We do

have elevator delays sometimes, however, we have many features of the hotel that more

than make up for this. You highlighted our responsive staff as well as our welcoming

lobby, Sesame shuttle, and comfortable rooms, just to name a few of the perks that we

have to offer. It seems as though you had a great time and we hope that the amenities and

services that you pointed out will entice you to stay with us on your next visit to Bucks

County.

Amagansett, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been taking my grandson to Sesame Place, and staying at this hotel for the past 5 years. It is very conveniently located directly across the highway from the park and has regular shuttle vans to and from. The staff at the hotel could not be more accommodating and friendly. Michael, greeted us at the car, took our bags to our room, and helped to get us settled. He was also helpful throughout the rest of our stay with directions and local information. Since this hotel is at Sesame Place it is always full of little children and the staff goes out of there way to be child friendly. That said the facility, itself, is in need of updating. The rooms are old and a bit worn. They are clean but worn. The furniture is a little beat up. The tub needed to be refinished as the porcelain had completely worn off near the drain. Both the sink and tub didn't drain well ( they were very quick to send someone when we called about a backup) and the tub stopper did not keep the water in.
The reason to visit the Sheraton Bucks County is clearly to location and the staff, not the condition of the rooms.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Howard,

We love to hear about families coming back to Sesame and our hotel year after year! We

hope that our convenient shuttle service and accommodating staff will continue to bring

you back in the future. Thank you for your sincere review and your continued patronage

over the years!

Staten island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Now that my son is old enough to ready enjoy Sesame Place, I found a great place for my home away from home. I keep coming back to this hotel because they strive to make your time here a comfortable experience. The staff works really hard to make you happy! I also would like to give special shout outs to Bill, Esther and Shilpa at the front desk. They are pleasant, accommodating and extremely helpful with what ever the guest asks of them.
As long as my son enjoys Sesame Place, I will always return to stay at this hotel.

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased to hear that you consider us your home away from home. Your time away should be relaxing so we do whatever we can to alleviate the usual stresses that come along with traveling. It sounds like our staff, including Bill, Esther, and Shilpa, had a positive impact on your trip so thank you for highlighting their efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Sesame Place.

East Bridgewater, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was very disappointed in this hotel. First, I was charged incorrect fees when I stayed at the hotel because I reserved three rooms initially with my credit card. It took me several phone calls and six days to rectify the situation. I never received a return phone call from one of the desk managers (who promised to call me back after investigating the situation) or the general manager Michael Dalton (whom I left a voice mail for) when I had questions and concerns about my bill. The only person who was courteous and professional was Alicia Johnson, one of the desk managers who finally rectified the situation, but only after six days. In addition, my parents' room was filthy when we checked in and housekeeping entered their room at 8 AM while my mother was getting ready for the day. After leaving the hotel, I called the next day because my mother lost her ipad. Housekeeping returned my call the next day and said I could pick up the ipad. I had to cut my vacation short in Hershey and drive an additional two hours with my three children to retrieve the device. The hotel should have shipped the ipad at their expense. Lastly, my father gave the front desk his credit card to pay for his room, but the front desk accidentally charged my credit card instead of his. Unfortunately, this cannot be rectified because the transaction has been processed, but it was a sloppy mistake on the hotel's part.
Again, I am very disappointed in the customer service of this hotel.

1 Thank Carolyn T
sheratonbucks, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Bucks County. We greatly apologize for the inconveniences and the lack of customer service you experienced during your most recent stay. If you would like to reach out to Ugur.yeni@sheratonbuckscounty.net. I would be happy to speak to you.

Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

After an long ride in the car there is nothing better than this hotel to stay at. The front desk people were nice the room service was the best in the world but I think Ozkan was the best person at the hotel because when our family lost some toy doll he gave it to us right away I hope to stay again.

Room Tip: at the six floor an nice view of sesame street
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
sheratonbucks, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff met all your needs during your stay! We look forward seeing you again.

Dover, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

we thought we were getting sheraton quality.the room was not ready 1 hour late then they gave us another room.horrible the linens were not changed crumbs all over the inner blankets.it looked like they didnt change anything.we left early becayse we couldnt stand the room. the service desk was pleasant and the shuttle was great.i can say i will never return here agin .the floors were not vacumed.maybe they were busy but get the job done.next year i will go to the marriot .

Dear Jesse,

Please let us apologize for the negative experience that you had on your recent stay.

The issues that you had are not typical of our hotel and we wish that you would have

addressed them with us while you were here. We are disappointed that you had an

unpleasant stay, but we would like to thank you for letting us know so that we can ensure

this does not happen for future guests.

Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley

Been to Sheraton Bucks County Hotel? Share your experiences!