“Sesame Place”

Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Unfortunately this stay was not overly impressive. We arrived before check in and pre-registered, which was perfect to catch the shuttle to Sesame Place. Sue, the shuttle driver, was excellent and was full of useful information. After a great day at Sesame, we arrived back at the hotel to a long line of people checking in for a wedding. Those folks ran into a problem of no rooms being ready, even near 5pm. Sue even tried to get our keys since we had pre-registered, but all the computers were being used. Once we made it to the desk, we were provided rooms. The rooms were clean, but they only provided 2 towels for a family of 4 and 1 bottle of water. The coffee maker needed an cleaning also. It was just less then i expected from the name and initial appearance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
sheratonbucks, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Dear Todd B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While I am glad to see that you had a highlighted experience with our shuttle services, it is with regret to hear that the remainder of your stay was not as smooth. I would like to apologize, firstly, for your delayed check in experience and our failure to meet your needs. I can certainly understand how frustrating it must have been for you and your family to return to the hotel and have yet another line to stand in. This is certainly not typical of the level of service that we provide, and we would like to speak with you more regarding the details of your stay at your convenience. Feel free to reach out to the hotel at 215-547-4100 and speak with a manager, as we welcome the opportunity to learn how we can improve our services for future guests. Thank you!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed at this Sheraton on Columbus Day weekend when we took our son to Sesame Place. The location was very clean & staff was wonderful. Our room was big, and we were placed in a corner room, so I didn't feel too guilty when my son kept us up all night. I didn't realize that this was a Starwood property, but the front desk was able to update my account so I received points. Location was great & near many restaurants. Right outside of Sesame Place. They even have a shuttle, but we drove since we have season passes & parking passes.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cynthia D

Dear wahawaha,

We are so delighted to see that you and your family had a positive experience with us here at Sheraton Bucks County, and that you were inspiried to write such wonderful comments about your stay! Our goal is to provide each guest with a memorable experience, so it is a testament to our hard work when our valued guests such as yourself takes the time to commend our staff. Thank you for being a loyal Starwood member, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Very convenient to the park and had shopping nearby. Very nicely appointed hotel. clean, good service. Went with my son and his family. We had adjoining rooms which was very convenient and fun! We stayed on the concierge floor which was great for a quick snack and late night coffee as well as breakfasts in the morning. We didn't have to all be ready but could go at our own pace. It was very lovely and well maintained.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
sheratonbucks, Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Dear Mina,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! It is a pleasure to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and had a chance to enjoy some of the additional features of the hotel. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Langhore that you will stay with us again!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding. My room was not ready for several hours after the wedding started....leaving me to get ready in a public rest room. When said room was finally avail, it was mediocre at best. The wedding we attended was not much better. During dinner service they ran out of glasses and told guests they could not serve drinks because they were out of glasses. I went to the bar to get water....and the bartender was gone. A man, who appeared to be some sort of manager, told me they were out of water. Really???!! I pointed to the case of the water on the floor right next to him. There were so many things that were "wrong" it would be impossible to note them all. If you need a hotel in this location, there are several others nearby. I have made numerous attempts to contact the management. No one has returned my calls and emails. This hotel is an embarrassment to the Sheraton name which prides itself on superior service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MoGV528
sheratonbucks, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear MoGV528,

We thank you very much for your feedback and are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here at the Sheraton Bucks County. The description of your stay is higly unlike the service we strive to provide. Please feel free to call the hotel directly and ask for the manager on duty if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

The free shuttle is great, the hotel is very close to the park, and the hotel meets Sheraton standards (albeit in a random suburban area). SPG Gold status made this a no-brainer - we checked out late in the afternoon and headed on to Philadelphia for the duration of our vacation.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hello Bryan,

We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. We appreciate that you took time to recognize us on trip advisor. We look forward to see you again. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any inquiries about your possible future visits to Langhorne.

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

All staff members are very helpful.
I really enjoy this hotel a lot, its close to many nice shopping centers but still quite at night.
Hotel is very clean. I travel with my scottish terriers and its hard to find a really nice hotel like this one. There customer service is A1

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank John A

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your meeting with your friends(Scottiesh Terriers) We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us for another stay, when your travels bring you to Langhorne.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

This hotel is quite old. We arrived and were bumped for our first night to a hotel out in the middle of nowhere due to 2 out of 3 elevators being out of service and they stayed that way when we came back to the hotel. The maid service was spotty, they missed days of the three we were actually there. The restaurant was very basic. We tried it the first day we were actually staying in the hotel and it has the feel of a former rental space/ball room/breakout room whatever you want to call it with some tables randomly thrown in there. Didn't like it but there are plenty of restaurants nearby so we found there to be no reason to go back.

The best thing about the hotel is the convenience of getting to Sesame Place (the reason for our visit.) They offer a shuttle which was very convenient. We would have liked to walk but the major road that would have to be crossed would be too scary with kids in tow.

Overall, I think it is a bit expensive for what is really just a tired old hotel. The front desk promised a credit on our bill for the inconvenience of the elevators and being bumped but I had to chase it and even after emails to the front desk manager I still had to go to the travel booking website that I booked thru and ask their customer service to assist me with getting the promised refund. As soon as I did that, the hotel came thru with the credit.

All this sounds bad but If we go back to Sesame Place and I can see it happening at least one more time I might very well choose this Sheraton as it is so convenient to Sesame Place. It really is that convenient. I would also probably not pre-pay my booking just in case...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark B
sheratonbucks, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking your time and reviewing us on tripadvisor. first of all, please accept our sincerest apologizes for the inconveniences. The description of your stay is highly unlike service that we strive to provide. You message is being shared with our management team and out staff. so we can learn from it. However we have an exciting renovations coming in sooner than later. We are looking to renovate the entire property from top to bottom by 2014. Please stay with us again on your next trip to langhorne so we can show you what is real sheraton bucks county experience about. Please reach out to us at info@sheratonbuckscounty.net for any further feedback so we can discuss about any further feedbacks you may have.

Ugur Yeni

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA

Been to Sheraton Bucks County Hotel? Share your experiences!