“Great Dinner Thanksgiving”

Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I know this is the wrong place to leave a review for the restaurant but this is all I could find.

We got there for the 1:00 PM seating and there was only one other table. Imediately, I thought we made a mistake. How wrong I was. It soon got crowded. I assume 1:00 was the first seating.

I chose the Sheraton because they have a children's buffet. It was actually set up on low tables so the children could help themselves. When they got bored, there was definitely enough room for them to wonder around.

When the 2 year old got antsy , I was walking around with him and asked him if he wanted to try the turkey. The chef was great......he even cut up the turkey into little bites for him. He went back twice for more turkey.

The food for the adults was very good..........didn't like the green beans but that is a personal choice. I think we had corn chowder and it was fabulous. The turkey was moist (just ask my 2 year old grandson).

The desserts were wonderful......one of the best pieces of cheese cake I've had in a long time.

I have only one suggestion..........a few kid friendly deserts would have been nice. Pudding, jello,
or cookies. The adult desserts were great but lost on kids. I know two of the boys shared a piece of decadent chocolate cake but would have preferred something simpler.

The wait staff was friendly, courteous and overall just great.

We will definitely be back Easter.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank justtraveling98
sheratonbucks, Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear justtraveling98,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! It was a pleasure to have you and your family with us for the Thanksgiving Dinner, and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the selection. We will certainly review your suggestions regarding the child-friendly items in our next meeting. Again, thank you so much for your kind words, and we look forward to having you back in the spring!

-Hotel Management Team

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We've stay at this hotel every year around Thanksgiving for over 5 years. It may be a regional flagship for Sheraton and it's generally a bargain. But I'm not inclined to stay here next time I'm in Bucks County.

We were placed on the first floor near the lounge/restaurant and it was somewhat noisy every night until about 10pm. We didnt move because we were already unpacked before we realized it. Do not accept the first floor if you want utmost quiet. The room is pretty well insulated and I was not bothered by it; my wife was.

The security latch on our door was broken. We didn't report it but probably should have.

Here's the biggest gripe. There is precious little parking in front of the hotel so guests will usually have to park in the rear of the building in a parking deck (shared with neighboring buildings) that leads to a rear entrance that should be locked permitting card entry only in the evening. We complained at the front desk that it was unlocked upon our entry at about 6pm and were told that it is always locked at 10pm. The next evening we arrived at 11pm and it was unlocked.

Here's why that's a problem. When you enter the rear entrance you have to walk through a very secluded long hall way (perhaps 200 ft or more) with blind turns and passage doors. I noted no security cameras so you are alone in that long corridor and I always am vigilant for a mugging in that area. I am an experienced frequent biz traveler so this is not a paranoid disposition; just cautious. I should not walk into my hotel and keep looking behind me to prevent getting mugged. This is the only hotel property I frequent where I feel this insecure.

The last day of our visit we entered that rear entrance at about midnight (and it was unlocked). Upon entering the first passage door we encountered a scruffy man standing there. This is an odd place for anyone to be standing. This man was dressed with outdoor clothing; we couldn't tell if he was a guest or a perp. When he saw us he began to move past us as if to walk outside. We continued but kept looking behind us to make sure he was following. I should not have to do this at any hotel I stay at.

Generally the staff are professional. The restaurant/breakfast was very good; no complaints there. The rooms was clean, etc. no complaints there.

Room Tip: Don't take anything on the first floor. Because of it's banquet facilities including a resta...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear CrosaRoadWarrior,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. It is with regret that I see you had some discomfort during your past stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences with the rear door entry. I can certainly understand your concerns traveling with your family and wanting to ensure their safety. Please know that I will certainly share your comments with our Executive Management team so that we can look to improve our services as we move into renovations. We appreciate your patronage to our hotel and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and show you a true Sheraton experience in the future!

-Hotel Management

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

My partner and I checked into this hotel for two night while visiting family. We left after the first night because of a number of problems.

The elevators smell of mold and are littered with pieces of food, dirty plates greet you as you exit the elevator to your floor, mold is abundant in the rooms, the air conditioner leaked and was very loud, garbage was left on the floor from the last guests (unless we were eating Little Mermaid lolly pops in our sleep) and the overall finishes are dated throughout.

I understand that I am talking about a Sheraton but one would think it would at least be clean and habitable. So incredibly gross.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank global84
sheratonbucks, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide Tripadvisor and us with feedback about your recent stay at our facility. Such feedback is very useful in helping us improve our operation. You indicated that you realized many cleanliness issues during your stay. Please accept my sincere apology for these issues but understand we do everything we can to keep the peace with all our guests. I would like to ensure you that we have taken your feedback seriously and we will work to become a better hotel. Your business and patronage is very important to us. We count on your continued goodwill to keep us in business. We take pride in delivering exceptional guest service. I am disappointed to learn that we fell short in this case. Please feel free to contact us for any further feedback, we will be happy to hear them and address as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed Oct 30th to Nov 1st 2013. The hotel is clean and tidy and makes and inpact as you walk through the door. The rooms are spacious and the bed is very comfortable. Staff very helpful. The only thing I would recommend is they improve is the small shop stock (Pantry), there wan't much choice for a quick snack and nothing healthy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
sheratonbucks, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

it is great to hear that you have enjoyed our property. Thank you for your comments about size of our rooms which are bigger than standard hotel rooms. Your Feedback about Corner Pantry is quite important to us. We will make sure to reconsider variety of products in there. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to see you again..

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 November 2013

For $150 a night you get: A missing bedside lamp that took 2 phone calls and over an hour for them to replace it. A curtain that started to fall down when we tried to close it for the night. A bed that sagged so much it felt like a recliner. A room that was infused with that horrible stale cigarette smell that gets into your clothing, and last, but not least, a loud dump truck grinding sound that continued through the whole night. it was not an outside sound ( I checked) but something in the hotel. We barely slept, and were to attend an important family event.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
sheratonbucks, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear hrodkin,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is with deep regret that I read you had such an unpleasant experience with us. First I would like to offer my most sincere apologies for all of the inconveniences and the level of cleanliness that you experienced. Here at Sheraton we do hold ourselves to a high level of service, so please know that we take these comments very seriously and we will be reviewing them with our management team. Each guest response is a learning opportunity for us, and we treat it as such and would like to again thank you for sharing your feedback. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future and show you a true Sheraton experience. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly to further discuss your experience and future visits to Bucks County.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed Sept 20th -28th, 2013 yup 8 wonderful days visiting family, this is the place I always stay when in town (Second stay in 2013). Rex, my dog loved it as well (they were warm & fuzzy to him too!!). Front Desk staff always greeted us exiting or entering. Besides the obvious: Quiet very clean room, firm bed with lots of pillows, shower has great water pressure and the water is "soft". This trip I observed more reasons why it is the BEST. Alicea (spelling?) at front desk has a great sense of humor. Maria in housekeeping is darling. They seem to handle large groups/meetings/events with ease. I was assisted with my check in by Raymond even though I was solo traveler. The University Grill has a fabulous breakfast and the teamwork among the grill's staff was very evident. They seemed to be always busy, catering to the LOCALS too. There is a lot of other restaurants in area...yet they were busy. They were very concerned with aesthetics, re-planting flowers in September, when old ones were dying off. One night there was issue with cable, someone must've called because cable company was there the following morning, FAST. I skipped housekeeping services for vouchers, still I always got fresh towels, tp whatever I needed, very efficient. This is the only hotel that I have app for on my phone, cannot say enough good things about it!!!!!!!*******All hotels should be modeled after THIS Sheraton!!!!!!!!!....M.Wilt

Room Tip: ****if your doggie doesn't like the elevator find the stairs******ask for daily paper they deliv...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PS W W
sheratonbucks, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for your kind words. We look forward to having you join us again on your next trip to Langhorne. We are glad to hear you were able to take advantage of the many amenities at our hotel. It is very exciting to have our guests truly have a super time. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and hope to have you back really soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here from the 16th to the 20th with our two small dogs. Our room was clean and comfortable. Room service was excellent, so was the women who delivered it. The gentlemen at the guest service desk was helpful with all our needs and provided us a room with a beautiful view. We were only about twenty minutes from New Hope P.A....Let me just say this Sesame Place is not the only reason to check into this hotel. Washington Crossing Park, covered bridges, great trails for walking and biking, the mall and a variety of resturants. I recommend J.B. Dawsons and Fritztys Bakery.I don't want to leave out the awesome breakfast at this hotel and the wait staff was so pleasant.Thank you Tina the bartender for making my husband the special drink...the armchair traveler. We will travel back your way again. Thank You.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
sheratonbucks, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Patti,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us! I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, and that you had such a wonderful time exploring the many sites and attractions in Bucks County. We will be happy to share your kind words with our team, especially Tina, as she is a true ambassador of the Sheraton spirit of hospitality. Comments such as these help to reinforce our goal of providing a high level of personalize service to each of our guests. We look forward to your next visit to Bucks County and hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,
Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Sheraton Bucks County Hotel? Share your experiences!