“Good but not very good”

Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Reviewed 2 June 2014

There are not many choices of full service hotels in this area: restaurant, full bar, catering/private party facilities, pool etc. So Sheraton Bucks doesn't have much competition when it comes to group stays and events. So, if you're planning a celebratory dinner with a group of folks coming from around the country, be very attentive to all the details when dealing with their catering service, particularly prices and locations. I found them friendly but not always professional in following through on what they promise.
Otherwise, I found the rooms satisfactory, but the heating/cooling a bit difficult to manage. The lounge/bar and restaurant are pleasant, the food good, but both under-staffed. Elevators are slow.
The hotel is well-located with easy access to Rte 1 and I 95. Also, Sesame Place is just around the corner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Ugur Y, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. we are so sorry that our staff did not meet up your expectations. we strive for excellence in service and we are aware that people make the difference. Your experience is quite discouraging and upsetting to hear. your comments are being shared with our management team to ensure that your concerns are being addressed. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again and show you what is a real Sheraton bucks county hotel experience about.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We initially was trying to stay in Philly, but could not get the four nights we needed and the reservation person recommended this location which was about 10 miles from our relatives. I must say the staff was very nice and professional. The room was comfortable especially the bed and my husband loved the pillows. The room was very clean, our TV was not working the first night but front desk sent a repair person up and it was 10pm. With our room cost we got complimentary breakfast, very nice and filling. We got a fresh breakfast each morning before we left and the dining room staff especially one staff member who's name I cannot remember was very nice and efficient. She remembered us and the fact that my husband wanted cranberry and coffee and I wanted orange juice and camomile tea each morning. The location was great one straight route to our relatives. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Ugur Y, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Esme49,
Thank you so much for your comments and for recognizing our staff. We want all of our guests to have the best stay and experience possible and I am particularly happy you enjoyed your visit. Please do stay with us again and thanks again for sharing your feedback.
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had to book a last minute trip down to the Philly Area. I normally stay at a Marriott or Residence Inn. Everything was booked so we stayed at the Sheraton.
Rate was very reasonable comparatively speaking. Staff were great. Room was comfortable. Hotel though is showing its age. Toilet ran every once and a while. A/C and heat are still the individual floor units that get very loud and the elevator seemed to have a mind of its own.
I would stay here again in a pinch, just not what I am used to .

Very convenient to Sesame place also for those traveling there.

Dear JimmyMac15,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We do apologize for the negative experience you had while staying with us. the issues that you had mentioned are definitely controllable should have not occurred at all. we think that age of the property has nothing to do with continuously running toilet and noisy A/C unit. Therefore I truly apologize and would like to ensure you that our goal is for you to have a great experience at all times with cleanliness and maintenance of the product.
Your feedback has been shared with our team and we will continue to review all of our opportunities.
We hope you will consider to visit with us in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was rated 3 1/2 stars. The staff was all very nice and attentive. The front lobby of the building looks nice. However, the room was in horrible shape. The furniture was old and dirty, the carpets were stained, the curtains had dirt on them. There were rust stains in the toilet. The security latch on the door was snapped off. It really needs to be renovated. I would not recommend staying at this property.

Dear pdwilson195,
I apologize for all the challenges you had while visiting us recently but thank you for giving us this review so we can immediately address all of your concerns.
Your kind words regarding our staff are greatly appreciated. It is great to hear that his level of professionalism made a lasting impression on you during your stay.
In regards to addressing your concerns I would like to arrange a time to speak with you directly to discuss all of your concerns and offer you some options that will help resolve the matter. Please contact me directly at 215 547 4100 ext 300
Best Regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We just came back from this hotel - visiting Sesame - and the service was impeccable! It was my daughters birthday and Michael and Courtney made her feel special by sending up a plate of goodies with her name spelled out on the plate! The shuttle service was reliable and on time. The driver, Sue, was very helpful and gave us some helpful tips as we ventured to Sesame. Our room was ready for us early which is always great. We called for extra towels and washcloths twice and housekeeping responded in less than 5 minutes! Overall, we had a great time and experienced great service the entire stay.
PS - I left a bunch of valuables in the top drawer and someone already contacted me to FedEx my items to me. I will be staying here on our next trip to Sesame!

• Stayed: May 2014
Ugur Y, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Cheskeca,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel! We are pleased to see that you had such positive interactions with our staff, and we look forward to sharing your kind words with them. We do pride ourselves in making connections with our guests, which shows in our responsiveness to your needs! Should your travels bring you back to Langhorne, we hope to see you again.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Now this is service with a smile! A big thank you to the wonderful staff that made my one night stay just a dream that I was staying longer! Courtney at the front desk was so understanding and kind. Thank you Courtney for the late check out since I was lecturing and needed some extra time after the courses! Thanks also for the drink at the bar. Mike sure can make a darn good Margarita!!!! What a great bartender...and his beautiful sidekick! Enjoyed the conversation immensely! The wonderful woman who helped me with tables at my event on May 3rd in the morning was such a hard worker!! She took care of breakfast and lunch too. Sorry I do not know her name, she was AWESOME! The rooms clean and safe. Great location but most of all BEST Staff!! Thanks Sheraton Bucks County! I hope I get to visit again!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Ugur Y, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Shannon,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are so excited to see that you had such positive interactions with our staff. I will be sure to share your warm remarks with Mike, Courtney, and all the staff members that are the face of the Sheraton spirit. It is our hope that you will come back and visit us again!

Safe travels!!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The wonderful staff made me feel so welcome From Melvin F to Ashley at the front desk to the sweet bartender Tina. All were so friendly and sweet I remember their names :)
The hotel is conveniently located with a mall across the street and a pizza place Primo hoagies and bakery all within walking distance

• Stayed: April 2014
Ugur Y, Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for providing us with such positive feedback regarding your stay. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to single out certain individuals who made your experience memorable. Melvin, Ashley and Tina are very valuable assets to this hotel as you are now aware. As a team, we will continue to provide the same service that each of these individuals provided to you, so we can please every guest. We hope you will return soon and continue to stay here when you are in the area. Thank you again for choosing The Bucks County SHeraton for your travel needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Sheraton Bucks County Hotel? Share your experiences!