“The staff try very hard to please!”

Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“The staff try very hard to please!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had a better than expected stay at this Sheraton. I called the Starwoods toll free number to book a hotel in Princeton. Everything was booked but the customer service representative was amazingly helpful. He asked if he could search nearby hotels, and then he proceeded to find this one and give me a great rate using cash and points. I received an email from the Manager of the hotel one week before our stay saying that he noticed we were only 2 people in the room, would we prefer a King bed and were we coming for any particular celebration. I wrote back that we were coming to a rowing regatta. He switched us to a King bed on the club floor. The room was clean and everything was working well, the hotel was quiet and the club room had lots of healthy food choices. The front desk was extremely helpful. We had to cut our trip short by a day and there was no penalty. We would stay there again and now we know how to get to Sesame Street!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LEllen12
Ugur Y, Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us! It is always a delight to see that you enjoyed the overly friendly level of service that our loyal SPG members are so fond of, and we will be sure to share your kind words with our staff as positive reinforcement of their efforts. We hope to see you again soon!

Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Front desk offered incredible service and recognized me as a SPG Gold member right away. We were given access to the Club Lounge as a result.
Our room was ready when we checked early at the hotel (at 9:30am), but the room had a musky smell to it, which we informed front desk.
We were quickly given another room and didn't experienced and further problem. The lady at front desk even called to make sure that everything was alright.
We stayed here with friends and family to go to Sesame Place (located across the street with free shuttle service). Our friends signed up to become SPG members and were very impressed with the type of service we received. Both families received free breakfast at their restaurant, which was a very nice surprise.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ugur Y, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014

Front Desk Manager
Tuckahoe
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I took our kids to Sesame Place for the fourth of July. We wanted to stay close to the park. We chose the Sheraton Bucks County due to location. This was by far the Best choice. Alicia Johnson was the manager on duty during our stay. She and the staff were very pleasant. Alicia wet above and beyond to make sure that we were comfortable. We got a flat tire our second day and she even researched flat fix shops in the area! The room was pristine. Linens were always clean and the pillows were unbelievably soft. We were even able to see the fourth of July firework from our beds. We cannot wait to stay here again next year!

Room Tip: The upper floors are a great choice for view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Aisha R
Dear Aisha R,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel! It was such a pleasure to have you and your family with us this past week. We are so excited to hear that you had such positive interactions with our staff, and we will be sure to share your kind words with Alicia as she is a champion of the Sheraton spirit. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Langhorne!

Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Our stay at the Bucks County Sheraton was indeed the worst hotel stay that I have ever had simply because I was shocked to experience this at a Sheraton Hotel. This location is a disgrace to the Sheraton brand. My decision to stay here was based on the proximity to Sesame Place and they came out a little less expensive than their competitor who is also across the street from the park. Let me tell you, it's well worth it to pay the difference to stay at the competitor if you can. The Lobby area rug was noticeably dirty and tattered and we were met by a cold front desk person who could not give any eye contact or smile. The elevators smell musty and carpets are filthy. We were originally given room 1008 but the smell of mildew and mustyness was overwhelming. The carpet stains and dirt were unbelievable and there was a stain on the comforter. The carpet was torn up in places and the sliding door closet was coming off the track. I could not believe that I had paid over $200 a night for this! I called the front desk and asked to be moved and they relocated us to room 1004 which was a little more bearable but still stunk of mildew. We made the best of it. The breakfast was just edible but that's about all I can say there. The pool area is dangerous because something is going on with the floor and these small puddles form in different areas and are extremely slick. We all had to be super cautious because each of us almost slipped several times. Just as we were checking out, the fire alarm went off. The front desk person gave us a look of horror and said this has never happened before very nervously and one of the other staff members says to us, “I think you should probably leave the building NOW”. The staff certainly needs to be coached on how to handle emergencies in a more professional way because I was calmer than they were. Thank God we were leaving at that moment. We are planning to go back to Sesame Place but if this was the only hotel available I would reschedule my trip for another weekend. I just expected more from a Sheraton Hotel. I urge the company to do a complete renovation because the hotel stinks like water damage everywhere amongst multiple other issues. I never take the time to write reviews but I hope this prevents another family from disappointment and moves the company to respond and give this location major attention.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank yllehs2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of. Please contact one of our Front Desk Managers and we will be happy to assist you to ensure your satisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you!

Warm Regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

So I had read that this place was crazy busy in the summer and that it might not be as enjoyable of a stay. However I found that it was just as enjoyable as my mid-winter stay a couple of years ago. There was a little more foot traffic in the lobby but it was not noticeable on my floor. The bed was very comfortable. The staff very kind and respectable. This will continue to be my hotel of choice when visiting the Philadelphia area. Thank you.

Room Tip: Being a SPG member usually helps. The SPG floors are usually nicer. Although this trip I stayed in a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ugur Y, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Paul,

Thank you for providing us your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are so happy that you enjoyed your experience. We will be sure to recognize staff for their service. We look forward to your return visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

great hotel, directly across from sesame place. the staff are friendly and its a clean place. what more can you ask for??? ps great breakfast dont tell anyone. two employees that made my stay better are bill and deaia.

1 Thank Norma A
Ugur Y, General Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! We are so pleased to see that you had such memorable experiences with our staff, and we will be sure to share your kind words with Deaja and Bill as they are both wonderful ambassadors of the Sheraton spirit. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to serving you in the future!
Michael Dalton
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I booked this place based on reviews either people are connected with each other or god knows... but I myself as a parent has fallen into the trap thinking based on reviews let me book this place. I really wanted to take my son to sesame and just to let you moms and dads know there are other hotels very close by to sesame that is cheaper and gives to breakfast. I paid allot and got allot of attitude cause I won a bid from priceline so based on my price I got treated with real attitude from the desk clerk who I believe maybe german I could be wrong but I don't think so... Once I arrived at the hotel the desk clerk was rude etc until my husband showed his status card everything changed she was being very nice and smiling but at first she really showed us attitude and I felt NOT very welcomed by her at all and I own hotels so to be treated like that based on what I paid or what I looked like NOT COOL. but I must command the rooms being very clean and great service from maids the breakfast is not all that especially if you have to pay for it you might as well go to Chick fil a god its sooooooooooooooo yummy and worthfit they have breakfast etc so make a trip there

1 Thank Tara816paz
Ugur Y, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to offer my sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations during your last stay with us. The issue that you have mentioned is inexcusable. Let me assure you that the description of your stay is highly unlike the typical service we strive to create here at the Sheraton Bucks County Hotel. The booking channel of your reservation would not definitely change the attitude of front desk staff as they would not be aware of billing or booking part of your reservations. Therefore I do not think this behavior was intention of our staff. However your comments are definitely discouraging. We do value all of our guests regardless of booking channel and sell our rooms online at a comparable price. Therefore, I would love to get more details regarding your experience to rectify any issues that may occur in the future. Please feel free to contact me at ugur.yeni@sheratonbuckscounty.net or 215 547 4100 ext 300.
Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley

Been to Sheraton Bucks County Hotel? Share your experiences!