“Fantastic Family Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fantastic Family Hotel”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This place was amazing. Our original room was a little musty but we requested a new room and in 10 minutes we were moved with no hassle. The owner was always present and just a warm present man. My kids enjoyed the hotel and the reception was really really nice. We checked in a day late but that was no problem. The bell hop guy was just the nicest guy it was similar to being at Disney the employees actually liked their jobs and wanted to be there. You can tell people cared here. The only con to the hotel is the parking lot. If the hotel is full you have to park in the back and go through the long way through the back of the hotel and around it was great for my 2 year old but the little one in the car seat was a little too much. So if there is two of you get dropped off out front this hotel has some amazing people working here.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms-
Green Features: sesame place was literally across the street the hotel has a free shuttle there which was more of a van.
2 Thank Shelly G
Ugur Y, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
WE really appreciate your very kind words. We strive to provide each guest with a memorable experience and I am so glad that we did not disappoint you. We look forward toyour return when you are in the Bucks COunty area again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Lots of online sites said this was a 3 to 4 star hotel and I wonder if it's the same hotel I've stayed at. The rooms are gross. Indoor outdoor rug in the rooms, the furniture has been beat to shreds--the lamps have holes in them and anything made out of wood has chunks missing from it. I wouldn't normally post a review but when you pay as much as you would for a REAL 4 star hotel, it bothers me!

Don't bother getting an upgrade! There's nothing upgraded about the rooms. Also, any room on the first floor is NOT quiet.

The only nice thing about this hotel is the convenience of having a restaurant on site and their staff is courteous and very kind.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Adalis S
Ugur Y, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Valued Guest
I would like to sincerely apologize for not meeting up your expectations during your recent stay with us. The description of your stay is highly unlike the service that we strive to provide. Please accept my sincerest apologizes behalf of the desk agent who has given you the misleading information regarding our shuttle services. It is concerning to hear that our staff did not know the right answer. The defects that you had mentioned are definitely inexcusable. Therefore please help us identify this room so we can address the issues. Please contact me at ugur.yeni@sheratonbuckscounty.net or 215 547 41 00 so we can further discuss about future stay opportunities to maintain your confidence for Sheraton Bucks County and other Sheraton properties. I look forward to hear from you.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in August to take out 4 and 2 year olds to Sesame Place. The good: (1) service, the people were wonderful. Responded to every complaint we had (which unfortunately were too many). (2) the location and shuttle service to Sesame Place. But for the shuttle service to save on Sesame parking, I can't imagine anyone would stay here. The problems: (1) we checked in at midnight with two tired kids. Checkin was easy at that hour. I asked for a room on a lower floor. After just a little hesitation, we were checked in to room 314. When we arrived in the room, it immediately smelled musty. We were too tired to switch rooms at that point, but we should have. (2) we had breakfast at hotel on the first morning (wed the 20th). The buffet was ok, not great and not something I would have eaten if it wasn't free. The problem was half of the restaurant was empty, but all of the tables were dirty. There was no one to be found in the restaurant. I had to walk out to the bellman before I found help to clear dining room dishes. (3) when we checked in late Tuesday night, we were told that the shuttle bus picked you up at 8 am for the 8:45 character breakfasts at Sesame. So, we rushed our two little kids to get to the lobby at 7:55 only to find out the first shuttle bus does not arrive until 8:30. There was another family waiting because they had been told the same thing. Steve from the front desk was one of the bright spots during this horrible hotel stay. Steve apologized for the misinformation, brought out juice and fruit for our kids and even offered to drive us early. I have a feeling Steve finds himself fixing a number of issues.(4) the biggest problem. By the time we left and spent a little more time in the room, we discovered where the musty smell was coming from. There was clearly water damage and mold in the bathroom. Mold under the wallpaper under the toilet paper roll in the bathroom. Water damage to the bottom of the bathroom door. The last day, the ceiling fan was coming out of the ceiling, the ceiling was bowed and started leaking - indicating their was water contained in the ceiling. I cannot believe they would allow anyone to stay in this room. I reported the damage upon checkout. The front desk (Gordza?) was apologetic and explained the hotel is scheduled to be completely renovated in September. I told her I hoped they would not rent this room again until after the renovation. This is a health hazard, and all 4 of us are showing signs of head colds / sinus issues (possibly caused by the mold).

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank jls1973
Dear Valued Guest,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We booked three rooms here using reward points in March for our August two night stay. We requested early check-in. We arrived at 1:00 and were told that we would not get the early check-in, but that was fine because they had facilities to change in and we headed over to Sesame Place for a few hours. When we returned at 4:30 (after the standard check-in time) our rooms were still not ready. It was not until 5:30 that our rooms were ready, and by that time we were wet, cold and the kids were starving. The were lines for the elevator! The following day our room was not cleaned until we left for dinner, and even then all they did was make the beds, take out the trash and give us only two towels. We didn't even get a refill of plastic cups or shampoo. They really need to invest in a better staffed cleaning crew. It was so frustrating to experience as we've always been so happy with Sheraton hotels and the SPG program. It seemed like such a waste of our hard earned points to spend so many of them on such a disappointing hotel. Next time we will look elsewhere.

Room Tip: This is a pet friendly hotel, so be aware that you may hear barking.
2 Thank rcrichmond
Ugur Y, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you for your loyalty to Starwood brand. Please accept our sincerest apologizes for not getting your rooms ready in a timely manner. Unfortunately there are occasions when special requests are placed as connecting rooms, late check-out privilege for SPG guests and requests to be on the same floor which makes your requests difficult to accomplish on a timely manner. However I can definitely understand you’re your disappointment as you could not check in at actual check time. We do value our guests and like to see them enjoying their mini vacation here at Sheraton Bucks County. I see that you are valued Starwood preferred guest and your loyalty does matter to us. Therefore please contact me at 215 547 4100 ext 300 let me listen your concerns and give me opportunity have back for another sesame trip.
I look forward your calls or email.
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We chose the Sheraton based on the hotel name/reputation and it's location in proximity to Sesame Place. Sadly, the location is the only good thing about this hotel. The first room we were assigned was incredibly dirty - with stains all over the bedding, both on top and the interior sheets. Stains on the curtain (how did they get there?) a broken bathroom door, a slider closet that was also broken and the most disgusting carpet I have ever come across in a hotel. The carpet was full of stains, both large ones and small ones and was ripping up in various locations. In fact, it looked as though other carpets were cut to patch in areas around the air conditioner and it was really awful. We were most definitely not going to stay in that room and were sent to another, on the 12th floor. You would think this would have helped, however this room was just as bad as the first. Same scenario (almost). Unwashed bedding with crusty stains on the bed, gross carpet, etc. We called again and the bedding was all changed - we all wore our flip flops to get around in the room. Fortunately, we were spending almost our entire time at the theme park, so we weren't going to be in the room for long. On the plus side, the front desk manager Deja, was extremely polite and genuinely concerned about our satisfaction. Unfortunately, the problems were far beyond her control, but she was very professional and we appreciated her attention.

1 Thank Chris B
Dear Valued Guest
I would like to sincerely apologize for not meeting up your expectations during your recent stay with us. The description of your stay is highly unlike the service that we strive to provide. The defects that you had mentioned are inexcusable. Therefore please help us identify this room so we can address the issues. Please contact me at ugur.yeni@sheratonbuckscounty.net or 215 547 41 00 so we can further discuss about future stay opportunities to maintain your confidence for Sheraton Bucks County and other Sheraton properties. I look forward to hear from you.
Oswego, New York, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great place to visit Sesame Place from. Great shuttle system for getting there too. Check in was uneventful, elevators seemed a little slow. Good food in their restaurant. Morning breakfast buffet was nice. Rooms were good. Now with that said, here is the problem. Everything had a problem. Dinner was great at their restaurant BUT we got menus from 2 different servers because they didnt know their tables they forgot the soup, no mozzerela cheese, and they ran out of the kind of beer we were drinking on tap. Went to the bar to get the drinks(since the waitress couldnt be found) The dinner was fine if you could forget the rest. The morning buffet had lots of selections. Melons were fresh. You had to order orange juice and your drinks. No extra napkins were available. A wad of butter was on the floor in buffet area and not one staff noticed it. My daughter cleaned it up with her napkin so no one would slip on it. ther was a sign saying to wait to be seated, but if the server saw people standing there, she would just wave them in and say sit anywhere...so whats with the sign? No decafe coffee either. Who orders for this place? The king room was clean and had all the towels you need,soft bed and pillows, but the problem was after 10pm when the kids next door were screaming for the next two hours. (these were not babies but kids over 3 yrs old.) So if you really need your sleep, maybe you should stay in a less kid friendly hotel, or maybe they should have an adult only floor. We were on the 14th floor just down from their "club members only"room. Didnt help.... Pool was nice, but you entered from the exercise room? Would I stay again? Yes, but I know more now...

Room Tip: even the 14th floor cant keep you away from over tired screaming kids.
1 Thank Patty393
Ugur Y, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. It is with deep regret that I see you did not have a true Sheraton experience. I sincerely apologize for not being able to meet your expectations. We would like to further discuss the details of your stay with you so that we can bring this matter to resolve. It is our belief that anytime a guest provides us with feedback, it is our responsibility to take the information as a learning opportunity so that we can improve our services for all of our guests. At your earliest convenience, please contact us at 215-547-4100 so that we can make this right for you. Best Regards,.
DC
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our family stayed here for a trip to Sesame Place and the thing that stood out was this was a real hotel catering to all type of travelers. The one downer of the place is if you don't get there early enough you are going on what seems like a 1/2 mile foot march with all your luggage from the parking garage to where the elevators are. Having done that myself I must admit that it is not enjoyable. The lobby is nice and the rooms are very comfortable. Having stayed in the local area at other hotels this is definitely more upscale than those nearby. I would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Get there early so you don't have to do a long foot march from the "additional" parkin...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vivetsandys
We always strive for the best possible service for our guests. I am glad to hear that you had encountered our efforts. Please stay with us again when your travel plans bring you back to Langhorne.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley

Been to Sheraton Bucks County Hotel? Share your experiences!