“Very pleasant experience”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Rye, NY
“Very pleasant experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2007

My wife, 2 year old daughter and I stayed for one night 8/15 in between 2 days at Sesame Place. Overall, our experience was a pleasant one. I walked to the hotel from the park with my daughter, it is that close. The room was ready on time. The staff was incredibly courteous and helpful in every way. The beds were super comfortable. The gym was more than adequate for a hotel. The $203 we paid was more than I would have liked for what was really just a place to crash after a long day at the park, but we booked the day before and didn’t have many options.

We would recommend this hotel to others and would stay again ourselves.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — air conditioner leaked water
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Korean first
washington, dc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2007

I have never written a review before but I had to comment. This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Our room was not ready and we had to wait for over an hour, even though we arrived past check in time. The manager argued with me, even though it was the hotels fault. First day our room did not get cleaned until 6 pm. 2nd day they though we had checked out had threw our stuff in the trash!
The employees are horrible, not helpful, and rude to the guests. I called the general manager and he never called me back. I had to hunt him down. He offered to return my points but has not done so.
The suites are over the pool and it is sooo loud. They do not close the pool down at 10 even though they say they do and it opens up at 6 am.
They charge for cribs and fridges.
Only good part was the location, and the bus to Sesame place is a nice feature. We had no problems with that, it ran as scheduled.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2007

The Sheraton Buck's County is across the street from the Sesame Place Amusement Park. We could literally see most of the park from our hotel room window. The room was clean, no complaints. I had booked a room at the Marriott down the street, but cancelled it when I found this room at $20 cheaper (and I usually like Sheraton hotels). If our stay had been during the week, this rate would also have included continental breakfast.
The staff here were all very friendly, pleasant and helpful. The complimentary shuttle to the park was convenient and both drivers we dealt with were very nice. The room service prices are ridiculous (even more than the usual inflated room service prices). My husband went down to the restaurant & got a few snacks to go - it was alot cheaper that way. I had the cheese quesadilla & it was really not very good. There are so many restaurants in the area, dont bother eating at the hotel. Otherwise we had a great stay!

• Liked — Convenience to Sesame Place, friendly staff, clean hotel room
  • Disliked — We did hear EVERYTHING in the room next door; luckily the noisy kids went to sleep early!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley

Been to Sheraton Bucks County Hotel? Share your experiences!