“Best choice for Lansdale”

Homewood Suites Lansdale
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lansdale
Detroit, Michigan
“Best choice for Lansdale”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

First, there are limited choices of hotels in you need to stay in Lansdale. In my experience, the Homewood Suites is the best choice at the moment. There is a Marriott Courtyard currently being built, but not yet open.

Check In was fairly quick and uneventful. The staff are very friendly and helpful. In the evenings there is usually some type of happy hour for guests. The lobby is very large, where you can sit and socialize. In the morning, this area serves as the breakfast area. The breakfast is better than your typical continental breakfast with both warm and cold choices. They also allow you to make coffee to take with you which is nice.

The eating and social choices immediately near the hotel are very very limited. There is some places to eat and drink across the main street in a strip mall complex. I didn't have the chance to try any of those locations.

The room is more geared for people staying extended periods since they contain small kitchens with full size refrigerator and stoves. The rooms are clean and cozy.

The one item that you should be aware of is that there is a train station and railroad line very close to the hotel. Please make sure you ask for a room which is furthest away from the tracks since many trains go by which like to use their whistle. Luckily for me, I can usually sleep through anything, but for those of you who are light sleepers, this may be a problem.

I didn't try the fitness center, but there is one available on the first floor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Claudia_Stemler_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Lansdale, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Paul,

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor! I appreciate the feedback on our offerings and am also very happy that you were satisfied with our accomodations. I'm glad that you offered such a good insights and advice for our guests that are light sleepers. Again, thank you for your comments and I hope to welcome you home again when your travels next bring you to Lansdale.

Claudia Stemler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I am a Hilton Honours Member having stayed at Double Tree for weeks in the past. Havinf stayed at Hyatt House, Residence Inn, Spring Hill Suite (all three star hotel), here are my observations about this hotel 1) Unfriendly staff 2) Messy Lobby 3) Filthy Breakfast Place 4) Cheap quality of Complimentarty Breakfast. No one cares to refill despite repeated requests 5) No tea bags, milk for tea 6) Bedroom Lamps didn't work. They do not check rooms before assigning 7) Coffee maker in the room didn't work 8) Bare minimum complimentary items like toothpaste missing. They encourgae you to buy everything in the name of Homewood Suite policy\ It was exorbitant by all means I strongly recommend never to stay at this hotel. Residence Inn, doubletree, Springhill suites, Hyatt House, offer better value for money

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Abhay Kumar S
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We found The Homewood Suites and were delighted by the price, cleanliness, size and decor of our room. A free breakfast daily and free dinner with wine are provided during the week. A wonderful service for a tired traveler. We would Highly Recommend!

Room Tip: I asked at the desk for a room in a quiet area of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sherry,

Thank you so much for providing us with feedback on TripAdvisor! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we could provide a comforting place to rest while you were travelling. Please keep in touch with us and we can't wait to welcome you home again soon!

Centereach, New York
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I sayed only for a few nights, but I could have stayed much longer. The small suite was extremely comfortable, new and clean. Highly recommended -- the only down side was the pretty dismal breakfast option -- although coffee was okay to good -- and the quality of the food but that's become the standard at every Hilton hotel that I have visited so that's part for the course. The good news is that Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks and Burger King were both around the corner for a better option.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Aram,

Thank you so much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate all of the kind words you had to say about our property. I do apologize that you found our breakfast options lacking, and I assure you that we take your comments very seriously and are continually looking for ways to improve our breakfast items. Our breakfast options change daily, so I will pass along your feedback to our Food and Beverage team to ensure that our offerings exceed our guest's expecatations. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with feedback and don't hesitate to keep in touch.

Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have stayed @ this location multiple times over the past 10 years for work; however, this is my first review. The hotel itself is a “standard” Homewood; the rooms are nice and the staff is very accommodating. They have the complimentary breakfast and the Sun-Thursday evening reception (5-7); they do a great job of updating calendars in the rooms in regard to that event (menu & theme).

The biggest “plus” to this hotel is its location. As mentioned in other reviews, it is beside the SEPTA, so it’s very convenient if you want to go into Phila area and/or any of the other stops on the route. The hotel is also within 5-10 minute drive of numerous restaurants and stores.

The only complaint I have is the gym/fitness area is small and has limited equipment. It is adequate but would be nice to be a little bigger especially if staying on extended stay.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Claudia_Stemler_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Lansdale, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear elon94,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I'm very pleased that you have enjoyed staying with us repeatedly over the last few years and I am also happy to hear that you found our location to be convenient and our staff to be helpful. I also appreciate your feedback on our fitness center. We look forward to having you stay with us again when your business brings you back to the area!

Skokie, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The best thing about this hotel was being able to take the train (Septa R3 line) from downtown Philly and walk just a few minutes to the hotel. There's a strip mall across the street for shopping and fast food. Breakfast was average for most items and limited for pastries. Overall the room was clean and comfortable. Travelers like me who don't need a suite (kitchenette etc) should consider this place a good hotel option for the Lansdale area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Patricia,

Thank you so much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you found your stay enjoyable and the location convenient for your needs. Please do not hesitate to keep in touch with us and we hope we can welcome you home again soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Outstanding! Cleanliness and comfort second to none. I have stayed at this hotel as a single and with my family for business and leisure and they accommodate both from a space, comfort and convenience perspective.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Claudia_Stemler_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Lansdale, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear 733teresam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with the Homewood Suites Lansdale. I am very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay as both a business and leisure guest and that we were able to fit both of your needs. We can’t wait to welcome you home again soon and please do not hesitate to keep in touch!

Claudia Stemler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Holiday Inn Lansdale
Holiday Inn Lansdale
#1 of 1 in Kulpsville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown

Been to Homewood Suites Lansdale? Share your experiences!