“Great good and drinks! Family friendly!”

Molly Maguire's Irish Restaurant & Pub
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
“Great good and drinks! Family friendly!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We go here often with the family. They have a great menu that everyone in our family can find many options on. Their flat bread pizzas are fab. Love the curried chicken dish. That is one of our favorites. Southwestern chicken salad is incredible. Very spicy but good. Drinks are fantastic. They do a mean martini and have a great beer selection. Outdoor seating is lovely in the spring and summer. I love this place. Great atmosphere, food, and drinks!!!

“Great decor, ok food”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Great decor, ok food. Tried the bangers and mash; sausages were crispy, mash was bland and flavorless.

“Nice pub with decent food”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I went with my company pals to have a beer. Their service is fine, the beer selection ok and the food just fair. This a safe choice of Irish like pub

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“a local favorite”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Been to Molly's on quite a few occasions - it is our "go-to" restaurant while I'm visiting family in Lansdale. I have enjoyed a meal there with family (no children) and also friends. The food has also been good, and the menu offers a variety of traditional Irish dishes. The atmosphere is quite nice - has the charm of an old apothecary downstairs but still has a few TVs if you're worried about missing the game. A few occasions I've been there while there is live music, and the groups playing were impressive and added a nice touch to the Irish atmosphere. Upstairs is more seating and an open-air deck with a bar - I've enjoyed drinks there later at night in the summer. You can also order food there. Staff has always been nice. There is also an option to sit outside on street level.

• Visited July 2013
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
“Brunch. Small selection but decent. Nice decor but smallish.”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I never been to a Molly Maguire's before. It is a small local chain 3 of them... They opened one in Lansdale and had a Living Social special for brunch... So I decided to try them.

If you live in or near the Lansdale area this is a nice spot right in the middle of down-town Lansdale. Not that there is much around it but still a nice centeral location and I live in Hatfield so very close.

The decor was nice and upscale although the entire place is on the smallish side much more narrow and long than wide.

If you look on their website they will list the items for brunch... I thought that was a general sampling of items with additional items to be changed depending on season etc. I was wrong. The listing on the website is pretty much all there was:

Small assortment of breads (the one roll I had was good), small assortment of pastries (Really bad and dry tasted like store bought 2 day old), mini bagels (again the kind you buy frozen), smoked salon (Nice but not sure why they roll it up and then do that very sloppily (Just put them on a plate), scramble eggs, omelets to order, eggs benedict, french toast, bacon / sausage, home fries, mashed potatoes, ham, prime rib, and brownies, oatmeal and chocolate cookies and apple crisp for desert.

Nothing was terrible although the pastry were below grocery store grade. Most of it was forgetable, but a few things rose to the level of good. Salmon wasn't bad but how you mess up smoked salmon I don't know. The prime rib was decent although (again I am repeating myself) I did need a steak knife to cut it. The flavor was there but it was a tad tough (in relative terms) for prime rib.

The service was pretty darn good I give it a B+.

The kicker was that without a special the brunch was 17 dollars an adult and like 2.50 or 2.95 for the kids. I sort of felt that the adult price was subsidizing the kids price and we were the only couple in the place with kids. Drinks were 2.50 for a coke but that is acceptable especially with refills.

Nothing but the price would have me avoid the place but nothing would bring be back for sure either. Decor was nice and location was nice with good service.

Price was on the pricey side (for me) for brunch with no drinks included. Kids price brought it all in-line if you have kids...

In the end, for me, it was a mixed bag... The brunch as it stands is purely forgettable for what I consider to be an above average price... As I probably said 3 times with two kids the price evens out to be decent at 10 dollars a person though.

The prime rib and the smoked salmon were good...everything else was C- to C...with nothing to really draw be back.

I forced to give my opinion I would say this is a solid C+ including price (with kids) and that if your in the area and you like prime rib and smoke salmon go for it.

• Visited July 2013