“Great Place to Eat”

Sharky's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 66 Restaurants in Latrobe
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
“Great Place to Eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Sharky's has really stepped up. When it first opened, we loved it. But after a while, it got tired and lazy. We tried it again about a year ago and was pleasantly surprised. The menu is so good with so many choices. We have eaten here many times this year, and I haven't had a meal that I didn't love. The staff is so much more welcoming and fun. The addition of the Deck is a great idea and so well done. Love Sharky's again!!

• Visited May 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great view, great sports bar with good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Sharky's is a great choice for lunch or dinner if you're in the Latrobe area! They have a pretty big menu and have some good wings. I always get the grilled chicken salad that seems endless! Sharky's has a great view of the Laurel Mountains and is a great place to watch a game.

• Visited April 2014
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
“An Excellent Sports Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you are looking for awesome food and a great atmosphere, then Sharky's is the place to go. Excellent and courteous service by everyone there, tasty and great food at reasonable prices. Plenty of flat screen TVs showing many different sports, and a huge craft beer and draft selection. Highly recommend this restaurant for all ages and groups.

• Visited May 2014
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had the seafood alfredo which was fantastic. The atmosphere was wonderful because it was the Penguins playoffs and it's a sports bar so that made it that much better. I didn't have to drive anywhere because I could walk right from the hotel. win win

Visited April 2014
Philadelphia
“Terrible wait staff training”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I was on a business trip to the area and had dinner at Sharky's as it was close to my hotel and had decent reviews here.

My less than satisfactory experience started with my beer selection. My server had no clue what beers were on draft nor what they were like. I told the sever I liked amber ales but was not fond of hoppy IPAs. You can guess what I was served.

Next up was my dinner order which was chicken fajitas. My server's response was... "Where are they on the menu?" She had no clue what was included with the order.

My fajitas arrived timely and were decent. However, my server did not provide me with a plate to assemble my fajita on. I asked and she promptly provided me one, but had no clue why I requested one.

At the end of the meal I noticed the a board that described the draft beer specials that my server was clueless about. I wish I would have seen it earlier as they had one of my favorites, Great Lakes Elliot Ness, on tap.

I can only hope this was my server's first day. But even then, shame in the establishment to send her out with such inadequate training.

1 Thank jakp993

Been to Sharky's Cafe? Share your experiences!